• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Alcoholic Tide Pods’: Everyone is very confused about the newest way to drink whisky

I wonder how long it'll be before someone shows up to the ER with alcohol poisoning and a "I always walk like this I totally didn't stick too many whiskey tide pods up my butt" attitude

lol yeah, buttchugging whiskey tidepods, the dangerous new trend that's killing kids!

So, the idea is “The capsules are popped in the mouth for an instant burst of flavour.” How is this any different from taking a large slug out of a glass?

Fuckin hipsters...

According to the article they are for oral use. If people want to stick them up their arse then that's their problem. But my point still stands - how is popping one of them in your arse any different than shoving a syringe full up there?

According to the article they are for oral use. If people want to stick them up their arse then that's their problem. But my point still stands - how is popping one of them in your arse any different than shoving a syringe full up there?
There really isn’t a difference. I don’t get why they don’t just drink the whiskey like everyone else

So does this introduce the flavor of scotch onto the back of the pallet? Like almost bypassing the nasal "taste" of the scotch so you.....? so you what? scotch flavor is a whole pallet thing, coming from a chefs opinion anyway. this would seem to limit it, or maybe possibly expand it!

This just sounds like some fucked up kinky shit to me. Just an excuse to shove something new up their ass.:oops::whistle:

I think I'll stick to snorting my powdered alcohol.
What ever happened with that stuff? Wasn't their supposed to be some powderized version of alcohol or something being developed by that guy in the UK that was pro drug that used to work for the government? Anyone remember what I speak of?

By the way, I think those whiskey "capsules" look interesting. You guys know you would all try one if you could, don't lie.

Ghostman I know theres a a alcohol vaporizer that creates a "hit" from vodka or something. Thing costs like $800 lol

What ever happened with that stuff? Wasn't their supposed to be some powderized version of alcohol or something being developed by that guy in the UK that was pro drug that used to work for the government? Anyone remember what I speak of?

By the way, I think those whiskey "capsules" look interesting. You guys know you would all try one if you could, don't lie.

I believe you're thinking of David Nutt.

He was working on an "alcohol alternative" for a while. I don't think it ever came out though.

The "powdered alcohol" thing (which was a gimmick for sporting events iirc) I'm not sure about, but apparently from a quick Google search it looks like it's already been banned in a bunch of American states before even hitting the market lol

so is this powdered alcohol actually ethanol of a new variety or another chemical that is metabolized into alcohol?

It's just alcohol in a form other than liquid. The way it was marketed, from what I remember, was as a convenient way to make large quantities of alcohol for social gatherings...like you could take a quantity of the powdered alcohol with you into a stadium or something, mix it with water & go rage lol

It was being marketed as a drink called PACE, I believe the chemical is 5-methoxyaminoindane, by all accounts it was pretty lackluster and I think the actual drink isn't available in very many places due to the analogue act (US), NPSA (UK) etc etc