• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Irritated Alcohol withdrawal might just be too much for me this time

Also...The medical community needs to make help for addiction readily available and just drop all the “judgement”.
That helps no one!

We are all human beings and we ALL have issues!

How long will we have to live in a world where others have no love in their hearts?

I
Thank you sweetheart. I appreciate your righteous indignation for me. 😘

It pisses me off too.
Not just for myself. I feel very fortunate to have the prescription I have.
I worry for others who are not even getting that. They will end up killing themselves.

These fuckers have a lot of pain, suffering, and blood on their hands to answer for!!
It is NOT a crime to be injured, have chronic pain, have health problems!
But it sure does feel like it. You get treated like a criminal if you even mention you are in pain.

Things really need to turn around. All drugs need to be legal!
People have a right to use whatever they deem necessary for their own body and situation!

I totally agree, legalisation and regulation of safely made drugs would be way more effective than the ‘war on drugs’ has been.

It frustrates me particularly because my demon (alcohol) is legal and it’s honestly way more damage to both myself and my loved ones than any other drug.

A gf of mine was on morphine from age 5 til her late teens as she recovered from multiple surgeries after a serious brain injury in an accident much like you.
I think she was about 25 when they cancelled her script.
She’s now a full blown heroin addict.
As if they couldn’t see that coming.

I

I totally agree, legalisation and regulation of safely made drugs would be way more effective than the ‘war on drugs’ has been.

It frustrates me particularly because my demon (alcohol) is legal and it’s honestly way more damage to both myself and my loved ones than any other drug.

A gf of mine was on morphine from age 5 til her late teens as she recovered from multiple surgeries after a serious brain injury in an accident much like you.
I think she was about 25 when they cancelled her script.
She’s now a full blown heroin addict.
As if they couldn’t see that coming.

That is really sad. 😥

It just goes to show you that ALOT of doctors do not know anything about the medication they prescribe.

My doctor told me when he put me on morphine that the morphine would change my brain.
It creates new pathways and that I would be dependent on it for the rest of my life.

I had no choice but to chose the morphine, as I was/ am in suicidal level pain without it.

But at least my doctor did tell me and explained it and understood that himself!

There is a certain point that after years of opiate use, the brain has just changed and now opiates are required.
I literally cannot even think straight without my MS Contin now. After 12 years of needing to use it daily.

It is no wonder that this friend of yours is a full blown heroin addict now.
(fentanyl addict really, I don’t think actual heroin is even available now, except medically)
She had to take the morphine for long enough that it created new pathways in her brain and feels horrible and cannot think straight without it now!
The Medical Community should ALL know these things!!

It makes me furious that they would just leave her like that. I am sure she gets treated like an “addict” too and obviously has no help from the medical community. I am sure they make her feel as if this is her fault and she should just be able to just quit opiates with no problem after using them daily for 20 years! NOT!!

I often wonder what they teach doctors at medical school?!