• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Irritated Alcohol withdrawal might just be too much for me this time

Meth novice 79

Bluelighter
Any Aussies got advice on the fastest way into a detox facility?
Particularly in Adelaide SA and government funded as I don’t have cash to splurge at Xmas time.

This is by far the worst of my 3 withdrawal periods from alcohol

I’m going nutty from lack of sleep and can barely function, anxiety thru the roof, my heart seems to think it’s just whacked 2.5 p of meth, permanently and I’ve even got the tremors this time.

Think I might need to be heavily sedated to get thru this round.

Attaching pics of better days for motivation.
If there’s a God, I hope he can help me through this, I NEED to get it together in 21 days and at this rate I’m not gonna make it 😩
Just occurred to me in my sleep deprived state that photos of mine and my families faces are not exactly appropriate for a forum of this kind lol

So obligatory booty pic substitute, won’t motivate me, but maybe someone else 😂

Attachments

• 8F14D91B-3EB7-4056-9AE7-C45EFBAE40ED.jpeg
    8F14D91B-3EB7-4056-9AE7-C45EFBAE40ED.jpeg
    235.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I’ve used Xanax and seriquil before (mixed with alcohol tho) and had great results. Not sure I’m keen on the aderall, is that an amphetamine?

If I just slept I’m sure I’d feel a whole lot better but it’s been 2 days now and I’m climbing the walls

I have had luck with Aleve Pm, 5 msg melatonin, CBD oil , or indica, skullcap, and some Gabapentin, and exercise!, not saying that Booty needs any,but the other half of that photo ( Brain) will love it 😊

I have had luck with Aleve Pm, 5 msg melatonin, CBD oil , or indica, skullcap, and some Gabapentin, and exercise!, not saying that Booty needs any,but the other half of that photo ( Brain) will love it 😊
😂😂😂 pic to get some DAMNED attention around this place.

Other half is lost

Smoking bongs today even though it means I can’t breathe for half hour after and spend the following half hour hanging off a ventolin inhaler 😂 getting desperate here

Sadly they don’t sell melatonin otc in the doses required for effective sedation here in aus, but it’s def something to take up with my GP, it’s natural too isn’t it?

And Gabapentin.
I’ve just been prescribed Paxtine. When I googled it, gabapentin also came up in the search. Same family of drugs or?
I dunno, but the side effects of the paxtine are intolerable.
Week one, had already lost the ability to orgasm
Fuck that mate, I’ll stay a ‘junkie’ alcoholic for life before I give up on sex.

😂😂😂 pic to get some DAMNED attention around this place.

Other half is lost

Smoking bongs today even though it means I can’t breathe for half hour after and spend the following half hour hanging off a ventolin inhaler 😂 getting desperate here

Sadly they don’t sell melatonin otc in the doses required for effective sedation here in aus, but it’s def something to take up with my GP, it’s natural too isn’t it?

And Gabapentin.
I’ve just been prescribed Paxtine. When I googled it, gabapentin also came up in the search. Same family of drugs or?
I dunno, but the side effects of the paxtine are intolerable.
Week one, had already lost the ability to orgasm
Fuck that mate, I’ll stay a ‘junkie’ alcoholic for life before I give up on sex.

Paxtine is paxil it's an ssri i(an antidepressant)

Paxtine is paxil it's an ssri i(an antidepressant)

Ahh. So not related to gabapentin at all really then?

I did know paxtine was an SSRI, my docs determined to send me home with a long term solution to try along with my Benzo and opiates (FUCKING LOW DOSE) to try level me out during this period.
But I did warn him, SSRI’s and I don’t mix well.
I think by Aussie health standards though I have to work my way through the ‘safer’ options to get back to the good stuff.

My doc got the contact details of my psychiatrist (whom I haven’t seen in 17 years) last visit. Hopefully we can jump some actual hoops soon and get to a point he can help me. I do anticipate this once he and my psych communicate. Even though it was many years ago now, I’ve shown them explicitly that this placebo shit doesn’t fucking work, I AM actual nuts 😂

Adderall is an amphetamine, so not recommended(imo) if dealing with lots of anxiety already.

Didn't weed just get legalized in Aus? You could try cbd/high cbd strains, although not entirely effective for anxiety imo, especially those resulting from withdrawal. Ashwaganda, kava, and other similar herbs are supposed to help as well, but I can't speak on their effectiveness.

Is there a reason for the 21 day time frame? I personally wouldn't recommend going cold turkey if it's resulting in the WD symptoms you describe, as it can result in more dangerous things like seizure or psychosis or worse. It would seem to me you'd either need to taper or have some sort of medical assistance to detox safely, but again, this is all in my opinion and i'm not a doctor.

Truthfully paxil did help calm down my depression and made the voices in my head go away(caused by depression) but after 2 years it just quit working

I have a regular doctor and a psych doctor neither one knows about the other because I was afraid if I told my regular doctor I took psych meds he wouldn't be willing to prescribe me anything

Is there a reason for the 21 day time frame? I personally wouldn't recommend going cold turkey if it's resulting in the WD symptoms you describe, as it can result in more dangerous things like seizure or psychosis or worse. It would seem to me you'd either need to taper or have some sort of medical assistance to detox safely, but again, this is all in my opinion and i'm not a doctor.

Second this... Sounds like you need medical detox. Pretty sure that would be any doctor's advice. Only other thing that's really gonna help is if you can get something like librium or ativan.

Adderall is an amphetamine, so not recommended(imo) if dealing with lots of anxiety already.

Didn't weed just get legalized in Aus? You could try cbd/high cbd strains, although not entirely effective for anxiety imo, especially those resulting from withdrawal. Ashwaganda, kava, and other similar herbs are supposed to help as well, but I can't speak on their effectiveness.

Weeds complex here.
Some states Decriminalized, which is really totally different to legalisation.
The rest legalised for medical use, but have blocked licensing for manufacturing, so it’s still really hard, if not impossible to access.

Where I live, so long as I have only a small amount, medical or recreational, and I’m not driving a car, it’ll just be confiscated and an on the spot fine issued.
It’s no longer a criminal offence.
However the restrictions and stigma still apply as a rule.
Like i said. Complex lol

21 day time frame is for my kids for Xmas.
It’s once a fucking year man, surely I can keep my shit together, not get fucked up and let everyone down, for 2 pissy ass weeks
(My kids are 24,21 and 13)

I should also add that I have an AWESOME GP.
I trust that he’s providing all he can under the current legal status, has put in a referral for psych help (will take 6 to 8 weeks and I’m only a week in, thanks public system, tho I feel shot complaining when those in the states can’t access it at all)

I think I just need to accept that this time I need medical help to do it

I’m still wired as fuck, I’m now 7.5 days in, haven’t slept for 2 and NOTHING IS HELPING TO BRING ME BACK TO BASE LEVEL.

I have friends here cooking, cleaning and keeping me away from pubs. My ex is here looking after our youngest.
All I have to do is sleep and recover and I can’t even manage that at this point

As long as you're over those first 5 days, usually you're good in terms of seizures, but yeah the benzo's won't really help you sleep untill you get to retarded dosages. I'd get back to your doc right away and see if you can switch the paxil for trazodone, they usually prescribe this during alcohol cessation since it's great for insomnia, meantime, chow down on magnesium tablets.

@Meth novice 79 have you ever considered using psychedelics specifically LSD to try and help you to come off of alcohol because LSD established and miraculous reputation in many cases back in the 60s for being able to help alcoholics quit drinking with surprising ease and determination.

Nowadays people are increasingly into microdosing for many different reasons and it holds extraordinary promise for treating mental health going forward.

It may be the case that microdosing psychedelics could help you to get through this process and stick with it with much greater is and ability to handle it and stay positive and make progress.

You can get almost legal in a great area sense lsd-25 homologues on the clearnet currently over much of the world.

These are better options for microdosing in my opinion because they are produced to the highest level of grade purity and the doses are consistent and exact at 100ug but you can also buy 20 ug microdosing tabs or you can just use the 100 ug tabs in alcohol or distilled water to precisely volumetric measure microdoses.

https://thethirdwave.co/microdosing/1p-lsd/

Just a couple of links in case this is a new topic to you there is a microdosing thread here on this forum and there is a ton of info and material available on it elsewhere this topic will become increasingly mainstream as science is proving it heavily currently and lots of extremely positive and encouraging evidence is coming forward.

If you are able to, some mild exercise might help ease your anxiety and help you get some sleep. I would suggest starting with something extremely simple, like walking, and slowly build on that, staying well within your comfort zone for the next week. Simple things like push ups, squats(with no weight), and leg lifts can be a good way to channel some of that anxiety into a productive activity.

To be honest, some detox's will just take you to your GP, and then monitor you. So if you are already working with your GP, and have friends helping to care for you, you might be just fine. If you can, working with a counselor or therapist can help with some of anxiety and racing thoughts, as well as creating a plan to stay in recovery long term. Cognitive behavioral therapy can be really effective and something you can learn to do on your own as well.

I tend to suggest medical whenever there's a possibility of need, just because it's something I think is much better to be safe than sorry with, when considering the worst possible outcomes. If you are in contact with you GP and he/she is ok with what you are doing and your condition, I must assume you will be ok. Having people around who can call for help is big as well, so it sounds like you'll be ok.

Thanks everyone!
I’m going to do a bit of research today and take some of your suggestions to my GP.

I finally got sleep last night, after 6 temazepam and a sneaky drink my mate caved and went to buy me.
This is no solution

Thanks everyone!
I’m going to do a bit of research today and take some of your suggestions to my GP.

I finally got sleep last night, after 6 temazepam and a sneaky drink my mate caved and went to buy me.
This is no solution
There will be a way. You have to believe that. You will surely be making progress despite feeling stuck. If you really feel like you've got nothing to lose, then do have a look into the microdosing. There is some hope it could help in surprising ways.

Hold hope, stay strong and good luck.