• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Alcohol WDs and severe abdominal pain?

dankplantgrower

Bluelighter
Hi Im an alcoholic of ~10 years, 350-750 ml of vodka daily (pint and 5th respectively US terms). Ive dealt with WD symptoms voluntarily and forced. Day before yesterday I found myself in a situation without booze access for 36 hours. At 8 hours I got the shakes as per usual, but I also got diarhhea with severe abdominal pain. I got some benzos by chance (Librium) which got the shakes off but by 12 hours without booze the abdominal pain was out of control, the most pain Ive ever had in my life. Its like normal diahrrea in that pressure builds up every few minutes, then dissipates after you poop, except the pressure is incredibly painful. About 36 hours in its still at it, I didnt sleep.

Related to the booze or not? Im afraid to drink in case it makes my abdomen worse.

Hard tellin.....the booze sure doesn't help though.....honestly tho the only way to know what's goin on is to go to the doc...have you ever had pancreatitis?

No pancreatitis before. The pain is just above the belt line and runs almost entirely from my right to left sides.