• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Alcohol Megathread

No I meant don't eat sugar ^^ Eating in general is very good, but try to go low on carbohydrates.
Vegetables, salad, fish, meat, all good.
But even potatoes, nuts or bread which have a bit longer sugar-chains can have an adverse effect. Anything that affects the blood sugar
Your body weight is a factor that play's a big role. I am 5 kg below my minimum weight i guess.

So any skipping of calorie's spikes a drop in my bloodsugar's. Took some time but they where very noticeable after a while.

Overeating is not recommended I think just reasonable ammount's all be it candy. ;)

so i am kind of a lightweight. 3 5% 24oz cans and i'm "drunk". any more than that i pass out. usually on the 1-2 drink im euphoric and enjoying it. then i start to "come down" a bit and drink more and then even a few more drinks makes me like comatose, almost like a khole (devoid of any pleasant effects) and might end up passing out. is there some method to drinking i never learned?

The real trick is to reach a target blood alcohol level and then start pacing you drinking to keep it at that level. Its a different dose for everyone and is largely based on your size and weight.

If you feel buzzed and good but not drunk you're at the right alcohol level.

is there some method to drinking i never learned?
I have learned a few but none to drink without wanting more. Other than just declining. It gets easier. At least it did and does for me with more than akkihol.
Otherwise it is drink til I run out, get locked up or pass out. Not much betwixt.
Good luck with that and mind yer Ps & Qs?
;)
<3

Its got such a weird dose response curve for me
Same for me. I've been drinking so long it's not fun anymore. Its like a shitty buzz then next thing I know I'm blacked out and hungover. There's no enjoyment or euphoria at all for me anymore :(

I used to love alcohol and it was very euphoric.

For me it was the opposite i used to hate it and still do but I get mild euphoria from it or more like anxiolytic

The real trick is to reach a target blood alcohol level and then start pacing you drinking to keep it at that level. Its a different dose for everyone and is largely based on your size and weight.

If you feel buzzed and good but not drunk you're at the right alcohol level.

This is key. If you don’t reach that target level soon enough your basically looking at a sedating non-party night.

When I drank a lot I’d start off by just continuing to take massive pulls off the bottle til I got where I wanted. Then sip on it the rest of the night.

Nowadays I chug mix drinks (whisky sours) til I get there then sip the drink until I’m ready to be done. If I don’t continue to sip a drink I’ll comedown quick.

-GC

Everybody's different. Eating makes next to no difference for me unless I start drinking when I wake up, which I've been doing lately but even then it doesn't really slow me down if I eat something. I'm small, of average height but my stomach is like a bottomless pit and I have a fast metabolism so I'm probably not a good example to follow with this stuff. But yeah I can easily sit down and finish off a case (24 cans). However it isn't something I'd normally feel like doing. I like to chill

I mean if you want to drink to get drunk you could drink wine or anything stronger. I'd recommend moonshine and it's my favorite but I don't drink anything besides beer anymore. I don't feel like getting wasted. It depends what you want but with alcohol, I'd never expect to feel great if that makes sense

I think the comedown has been one of the most miserable experiences of using. As soon as the drink stops I start feeling the drop. If I do not keep drinking I just take a nap as otherwise I am quote an ass (morso).
The after effects of an alcohol buzz was and is a big contributor to my sparse use these days. Just hate that feeling about as much as a crack comedown... they both depress too damn fast for my likes.

I think the comedown has been one of the most miserable experiences of using. As soon as the drink stops I start feeling the drop. If I do not keep drinking I just take a nap as otherwise I am quote an ass (morso).
The after effects of an alcohol buzz was and is a big contributor to my sparse use these days. Just hate that feeling about as much as a crack comedown... they both depress too damn fast for my likes.
I've never had an alcohol comedown or hangover but I never felt good while drinking either so I guess there's that. It's not really a recreational drug. Again, this is just me speaking personally. My idea of fun would be taking a handful of benzos (not safe, I know). Drinking alcohol is kind of a past time or a way to kill time and relax

I must say though that I sleep really well after a full day of drinking. Once again, I'm not normal and I should probably start taking benzos again

Yes and over the years I have come to particularly despise alcohol comedowns and hangovers. Its seriously debilitating and so horrible. I hate it, too.

I've been drinking a lot more than ever before, maybe 2 weeks straight. How long can someone do that before they are dependent ?

It depends what you mean and probably depends on other stuff like individual metabolism or other genetics. Do you mean drinking hard liquor or beer/wine everyday for 2 weeks? With the hard stuff it's obviously going to cause dependence right away versus lighter amounts of alcohol maybe not causing any, depending on your body

Hopefully somebody will come along with a more precise answer than mine. I'd like to see an answer to this as well

It depends what you mean and probably depends on other stuff like individual metabolism or other genetics. Do you mean drinking hard liquor or beer/wine everyday for 2 weeks? With the hard stuff it's obviously going to cause dependence right away versus lighter amounts of alcohol maybe not causing any, depending on your body

Hopefully somebody will come along with a more precise answer than mine. I'd like to see an answer to this as well
Something like 6-8 beers a day.

Something like 6-8 beers a day.

Its really quite difficult to actually become dependant on alcohol in the sense I think you mean.

You really have to be drinking as soon as you wake up, all day drinking

You aren't going to achieve any dependence from 8 beers even if you drank that much for years. (Speaking for someone my size, 8 beers is significantly more for a petite woman than me)

Its not like benzo dependence

Last edited:
Its really quite difficult to actually become dependant on alcohol in the sense I think you mean.

You really have to be drinking as soon as you wake up, all day drinking

You aren't going to achieve any dependence from 8 beers even if you drank that much for years. (Speaking for someone my size, 8 beers is significantly more for a petite woman than me)

Its not like benzo dependence
Really? You sure?

I mean it's all speculation here. Since about November, I've been drinking more beer and now it's like 48 cans a week. It's basically psychological for me and not a big deal. I don't ever feel like I need to drink. It's just kind of what I do. I wouldn't assume that's how it is for every person though. Some people may get side effects and be trying to escape reality and they might have alcoholism in their genes

Really? You sure?
I mean everyone is different... I drank 14-24 beers every day for 8 years and only had mild withdrawal... Its only when I drank all day long did the withdrawal become significant

Its almost like its started to work as a mood stabilizer of sorts :/ not good, I plan to stop soon

First Time posting. I was curious if anybody on here has any advice on foods that can help shakes from alcohol detox? I have already been through medical detox btw.