• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Alcohol/GHB while on Prozac + Oxazepam?

Steven325

Bluelighter
I started Prozac+Oxazepam 3 days ago.

My last oxazepam was 8 hours ago (it is 10am here now) and I'm, trying to get through the day without taking one so at least at 00:00 I can have a drink or some G.

Is this fine or is it still too much in my system then?

Oxazepam doesn't have a particularly long half-life, so there's not going to be much left 22 hours after your last dose. Drinking on Prozac may be more taxing for your liver, but you should honestly be fine if you're just drinking occasionally and in moderation (let's face it, plenty of depression sufferers are also alcoholics, and even they aren't dying in droves).
I'd be more worried about combining alcohol and GHB, although I assume you're talking about ingesting EITHER alcohol OR GHB, correct?

Yeah I barely drink, and I was planning to do alcohol OR ghb. I like the effects of alcohol more but it always makes me crave cocaine even if I only did it 3x the past 2 years lol it's crazy, and doing coke with my anxiety is not a good idea..

I'm not really depressed the prozac is for constant tension/anxiety so I'm not worried about things going 'wrong' while drinking.

As Hodor said, the half life of oxazepam is between four and twelve hours, so you should be ok, when drinking a beer or two. But the site healthline states, that " Combining Prozac with alcohol can quickly lead to increased sedation. Even one drink combined with the drug can cause tranquilization. As a magnifier of the drug’s effect, alcohol mixed with the sedative can produce potentially dangerous situations." So you should be aware of that and drink slowly, but I think one drink is not that dangerous :)

Alright. I'm more leaning towards G.. since with alcohol I find it harder to quit drinking once I started... and I read some scary stories about prozac+alcohol. G doesn't really give any cravings.

So taking G even while the oxazepam isn't fully out my system doesn't matter that much?

Damn, G is one of the few drugs I never tried- from what I heard I would have thought it blew alcohol out of the water. But I'm not a big drinker, couple drinks occasionally (shouldn't even do that as I have hep C).

Some friends claim they like G way more.. for me not really but I seem to be the minority. G just doesn't do much for me except the first few times I got really dizzy but not real euphoria.. I just can talk a little easier but nothing compared to mdma or alcohol. I just like the fact there are no side effects whatsoever and things can't really go wrong unless you dose poorly or mix it with stuff you shouldn't.. I just take a few doses and go home and wake up feeling great.

However mixing G is a different story.. mixing it with coke or mdma is mind blowing.. on itself the effect just isn't that strong, maybe I just have too much expectation of it everytime I do it.. but in terms of strength a normal dose feels like 3 beers to me, except less talking loud and swinging your arms around and more a controlled feeling.

With alcohol I get drunk end up going somewhere blowing all my money on more alcohol, go to the atm blow more money on taxi's and cocaine and then wake up not remembering much and feeling fucked for the next 48 hours (don't get me wrong such nights are great but not what I need right now.. ;))

Last edited: