• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

alcohol consumption question

That Is a little bit too late, unless you are relatively young ones body show deterioration and pain from alcohol you are in trouble! Alcohol is very destructive poison there are many more drugs that we discuss on this forum that are healthy in moderation compared to alcohol. The US has just lowered it recommended alcohol to one per day for a male and less than one per day for a female
I agree but I also look at my extended family, many alcoholic who have no signs of alcohol related health issues

Genetics probably do play a role, even if it's minor. I wasn't trying to trivialize the matter though, not one bit

I think alcohol is a unique drug because some people react negatively to it while others can go on with it their entire life and have no life-threatening illness come of it. That's not to say there aren't underlying issues but none that reach the surface, like diseases

To be honest I think drug addiction and damage to the body is only a case because of faulty beliefs.. and as well I have been doing DXM in various sources..for 8 years now! This started when I was first instated in a mental Hospital for 2 and a half months.. on the last day I bought a box of Coricidn.. and that was that! That was my fate so to speak....

I do not honestly consider any drug to be bad.. based on the idea that you do your correct dose for the time!

The above is my thoughts as well!
I am 60 and went to my first rehab at 23,
I was born with the disease of Addiction, and Will Die with it “ Womb to Tomb”
all I get to do is work on myself of How I and the people around me live with it!
i have found that the core of my disease is SELFISHNESS !!!
just as Ossy said “ All I wanted to do is Get Fucked Up” a pretty selfish act IMO?
I come from a very long line of Alcoholics on both sides of my family, my dad still drinks alcoholicly at 83, not doing well last few years, but OMG what a Run. like all evolution, some family line have developed an stronger constitution to certain activities than others. I always love the example that people give, my grandfather , Drank,smoked, never ate a vegetable or exercise , and lived to 100 🤣🤣🤣
but they forget the 99 people who did not make it to 62 ( SS check)

Hi all, quick question. I usually drink 3 days a week, usually on Thursdays I'll have 5-8 drinks and Friday and Saturday anywhere from 10-15 each night. Now I know this isn't healthy but in terms of overall health how bad is it for me long term? I'm 31 years old, I workout 5 days a week and have for years, drink a lot of water, eat pretty healthy during the week, take vitamins, etc. But i live in the Midwest and unfortunately most social activities revolve around alcohol. I'm kind of a hypochondriac so I'm just paranoid about what the possible effects. I know a lot of people that drink every day but idk I just was curious about others thoughts. I dont plan on it being this way forever but I do a lot of social things and a lot involve alcohol. Thanks!

You sound like me. Generally healthy af (regular exercise, very healthy diet, lots of water, physical job so I'm not sedentary, active hobbies like climbing, hiking, canoeing, skiing) but a binge drinker and we're around the same age.

As healthy as the rest of our life may be, the amount and frequency of our alcohol intake is very, very, very, very, very unhealthy and no amount of the good stuff in our lives can change that. Are we as poorly off as we would be if we were sedentary, chronically dehydrated, and ate shit food? Deffo not, but the damage from binge drinking is long-term and quite serious. Including neurological changes that can be permanent (or at least very lont-term given neuroplasticity) and that no amount of exercise and good diet can influence, at least in the short term.

I always joke that I have to balance my healthy activities with something unhealthy to maintain cosmic balance, but then again I'm sort of suicidal so the self-destruction is appealing in a way.

Best thing to do is to cut down on the amount you drink by alternating with non-alcoholic drinks such as water or non-alco cocktails during a drinking session.

Or, just stop drinking altogether save for the occasional one-off.

Yeah.. I've never heard of stress causing disease or nothing..

As for being in denial.. I think that is an ad hominem attack..

Regardless; the philosophy you carry can reduce stress..

Being easy going is probably pretty obvious to users and posters on a drug forum..

Just like a placebo.. the belief you have can dramatically effect the effects of a placebo.. thinking that it is the real said drug..

Seems pretty obvious at a basic level that the mind is playing an important role in managing the systems of the body..

I am what is called a spiritual materialist..

I used to be a materialist determinist..

Even at a basic level.. thoughts exist and are things with spaces of occupancy..

Too many things happened to me..

Curious.. do you believe in miracles?

I do.. it's been a totally positive for me..

Maybe the evidence isn't just clear in your life to accept those types of things.

Yeah.. I've never heard of stress causing disease or nothing..

As for being in denial.. I think that is an ad hominem attack..

Regardless; the philosophy you carry can reduce stress..

Being easy going is probably pretty obvious to users and posters on a drug forum..

Just like a placebo.. the belief you have can dramatically effect the effects of a placebo.. thinking that it is the real said drug..

Seems pretty obvious at a basic level that the mind is playing an important role in managing the systems of the body..

I am what is called a spiritual materialist..

I used to be a materialist determinist..

Even at a basic level.. thoughts exist and are things with spaces of occupancy..

Too many things happened to me..

Curious.. do you believe in miracles?

I do.. it's been a totally positive for me..

Maybe the evidence isn't just clear in your life to accept those types of things.

Asking if you've heard the term 'in denial' is not an ad hominem attack - it's a wake up call.

If you really believe that addiction and physical harm from abusing drugs is all down to 'faulty beliefs', then you ARE in denial I'm afraid.

Of course, it's well known that lack of stress and a positive attitude can have a beneficial effect on the body. But it doesn't make you immortal, nor immune.

Come back to me after several years of hard drug abuse and let's see how you're doing then.

Your drinking isn't excessive - yet, but using marijuana everyday could be risky for someone who has had mental health issues in the past. I can't comment on the DXM as it's outside of my experience, but daily use also can't be good for you. Just go easy yeh?

And no, I don't believe in miracles...

Last edited:
I believe in miracles

But the abuse of harmful substances is a game of odds. Sure sometimes there will be a “miracle” but [a predictable amount] of the time the results are predicable.

Excessive drinking (even binge drinking) will lead to issues. Daily/excessive dxm use will lead to issues (when you have to stop).

And I enjoy both, a good binge (on booze) and dxm (in moderation).

In the name of hr
Checkity check yourself before your wreckity wreck yourself (lol)

Last edited:
This is one of those drugs that's totally unpredictable. That's what makes it dangerous. I could drink nonstop and not be alcoholic but somebody else has a drink a day and becomes physically addicted

I don't know of any other drug like alcohol

Well just to say I have been using (abusing lol) DXM daily 300 mg plus since the end of 2011..

I am healthy.. smarter.. I meditate all the time.. work out and do yoga.. have an active social life etc etc

I have been a real alcoholic for about the past 7 years. Im only 30 but I can tell its getting worse and worse and worse and worse.........cut back man. I have drunk enough liquor to float a fucking battleship and now I am feeling it. I didn't drink for 4 days and felt like total shit still. like, wtf is that?

We are not getting any younger. I have seen an alcoholic death and trust me it isn't pretty.

maybe I'll just go back to banging dope lol

I have a question.. why don't you belive in miracles?

I have witnessed many..

It depends upon your definition of a 'miracle' I suppose. I can't deny that unexplained phenomena exist, but the word 'miracle' to me has connotations of a religious and/or supernatural nature. You might as well ask me if I believe in angels (no prizes for guessing what my response to that may be).

However, that's a discussion for another time and place.

Why not start a thread on the subject in the Philosophy and Spirituality sub forum? I, for one, would be extremely interested to hear people's experiences of miracles.

Alcohol has been damaging in various ways for me since my younger days. I still drink but no longer feel the need to binge and get drunk and am aware of how much I don't like the next day after touching alcohol. It's insane alcohol is acceptable whereas taking psilocybin for example is illegal.

I used to drink pretty heavily for years - had a gut and lots of aches and pains and a mostly foul daytime mood. However after I got an adult diagnosis of ADHD and put on Dexedrine I started to find alcohol quite uninteresting, even distasteful. I still sometimes have one drink to be sociable if I am with people but for all the time I;ve been medicated I’ve hardly touched a drop and feel the better for it. My psychiatrist says this is an actual thing that happens when people get medicated properly.