• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol Alcohol Benzo Mix-Compared with Alcohol Alone?

Branggen

Bluelighter
My main reason for doing this is alcohol is both harder on the stomach and causes worse hangovers than benzos. So considering these both effect the same parts of the brain, would having 2 drinks plus 10mg valium or something feel similar to say 5 drinks? Any recommendations on dosages/ratios? What kind of slight differences should I expect between the mix and alcohol alone. I know their are increased risks doing this but considering its only 5-10mg of valium along with a reasonable amount of alcohol I feel I am within safe territory. The plan is to go to a party so do you think their could be problems with feeling tired from this combo more so than alcohol alone?

My main reason for doing this is alcohol is both harder on the stomach and causes worse hangovers than benzos. So considering these both effect the same parts of the brain, would having 2 drinks plus 10mg valium or something feel similar to say 5 drinks? Any recommendations on dosages/ratios? What kind of slight differences should I expect between the mix and alcohol alone. I know their are increased risks doing this but considering its only 5-10mg of valium along with a reasonable amount of alcohol I feel I am within safe territory. The plan is to go to a party so do you think their could be problems with feeling tired from this combo more so than alcohol alone?
Don't do it.

Read the first reply you got, from @Iceman1216 . Then read it again.

Do not do this shit, trust me, i know this stuff.

Here is what you can do: Skip the benzos. Drink a bit more than what you mentioned. Go to the party. If you have hangover the following day, take a benzo. I do not recommend that, either, but it is about 5000% better than your idea.

Dude , as an alcoholic,me recommending booze is a real trip for me! But the combination you are considering has killed a lot of people! Never mix Respiratory Depressants!,, you alway NEED TO BREATH

You guys think 5mg of valium plus say 5 drinks would be more likely to cause blackout than 10 drinks? I was only gonna take 10mg valium with me so I wont have the option of taking more. I dont plan to get super fucked its just that once ive had 4 drinks or so my stomach starts to feel like shit. It probably takes me somewhere between 10-15 drinks to blackout, which has only happened once. I'm not much of a drinker and havent used benzos in over a year. Is their no kind of equivalency you guys could give me, for example 5mg valium=1 drink per hour until it wears off. I also have skullcap and valerian root which also effect gaba so I could go for those possibly instead of the valium

Thank you for the replies

You guys think 5mg of valium plus say 5 drinks would be more likely to cause blackout than 10 drinks?
maybe. for me? hell no, but for someone with zero alcohol or benzo tolerance? maybe

My most intense "took 5 grown men to carry me out of the bar" blackouts were from benzos and alcohol. The "lights off" switch is incredibly hair trigger and hard to predict even if you have tolerance.

I highly doubt 5mg valium and 5 drinks is going to make you black out (assuming you're an averaged size man) - but anything after that and it gets sketchy

You guys think 5mg of valium plus say 5 drinks would be more likely to cause blackout than 10 drinks? I was only gonna take 10mg valium with me so I wont have the option of taking more. I dont plan to get super fucked its just that once ive had 4 drinks or so my stomach starts to feel like shit. It probably takes me somewhere between 10-15 drinks to blackout, which has only happened once. I'm not much of a drinker and havent used benzos in over a year. Is their no kind of equivalency you guys could give me, for example 5mg valium=1 drink per hour until it wears off. I also have skullcap and valerian root which also effect gaba so I could go for those possibly instead of the valium

Thank you for the replies
Mate, just don't do it. Everyone is this thread so far has said don't do it, and I know that every single one of them truly knows their shit when it comes to drugs and alcohol and dangerous combinations thereof. I also truly know my shit about dangerous combinations, and I am also telling you to not do it.

Maybe this one time won't have any dire consequences? Maybe it'll be fine? But then what, next time you'll be like "Well last time was okay, I'ma do it again, and this time I'll have 15mg valium and 7 drinks", and you might keep pushing the bar each time until you end up in very real strife or even worse, dead.

This forum is for harm reduction, which means we aim to educate people to make the safest choices about partying, lifestyle, and using drugs and alcohol, and one of the golden rules for harm reduction is do not mix benzos and alcohol, period.

So, do not mix benzos and alcohol, period :)

If it doesn't bite you this time, it will the next, or the one after that. You'll bump up the dosages because you're more familiar then you'll learn the hard way.
I 100% agree they are NOT a combo you should repeat, ever really.

I can pretty much guarantee you if you combine them over and over eventually you will end up arrested for some random shit. I'd literally put money on that.

That's what benzos + alcohol always end in, arrest. Seriously.

You're good bro take that 10mg of Valium and wash it down with a double shot of Whiskey! You'll be feeling relaxed with no anxiety at all. Lol
Trolling the harm reduction forums by giving dangerous advice after a dozen people described the risks of combining benzos and alcohol is pretty unwelcome. Perhaps your comment was meant ironically and got lost in translation? Happy to give you the benefit of the doubt there. Either way, best to take shit-posting to the Lounge where it belongs.

You're good bro take that 10mg of Valium and wash it down with a double shot of Whiskey! You'll be feeling relaxed with no anxiety at all. Lol
Ya got some experience with this?
Ever had a bud die from this?
Ever seen others crash their vehicles on this?
Ever totaled your motorcycle(s) on this?

Please do not put out potentially harmful info on this forum.

I ended up taking 5mg of valium, had the other 5mg in my pocket all night, along with probably 6-8 drinks. I definitely wouldn't say that the effects were multiplied as some people like to but it was more of a tired drunk than you would get from alcohol alone and I could see how it could be bad if it were done with a higher dose. Overall wouldn't recommend, although it is possible if I didn't the the valium I would have drank even more and probably been hungover, which I was not.

Dude you just don’t get it!!!
You are looking to get “safely Fucked Up?!”
That does not work with mixing benzos and booze.
Drink less!!
Or
Take only your prescribed benzo dose
But No one on here is going to give you a pass , on what you want to do!
I do not know your age, but I will bet my last dollar that you are young? The people who have taken the time here to help and give you real advise from Experience have lived and seen the devistation unsafe drug and alcohol use has done!!!
We have all Walked over the bodies
So good luck

BTW: in a harm reduction site, we will never tell you what you might want to hear!
We don’t have the fucking time!!