• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Alcohol Megathread

Lol.

My comment about injecting vitamins got deleted. There is literally nothing wrong with an IM shot of b12 or b complex.

Get a grip fascist moderator
I agree. I think it was taken out of context because of the word " inject " . Many people get vitamin injections especially the B ones. B-12 is very popular. as is iron ( or ferrous sulphate). LOL with ya.............funny how one word can trigger people into thinking " inject " is always a bad word.

How was night #1?
So tonight is actually night 1, last night he had two beers before bed and we did our last cheers and said goodbye to alcohol. Surprisingly today went pretty well for him, other than being Shakey and twitchy and puking a couple times throughout the day and pooping. but nothing terribly awful. I think he thought it was going to be so much worst, I definitely know he's relieved and now he knows he can be strong and get through it, that it's totally possible!! He's actually been eating all today, which is bizarre because he never would eat he'd go days and just drink. We're on a vitamin regiment and drinking a lot water and Gatorade. I'll keep you updated on how tomorrow goes.

So tonight is actually night 1, last night he had two beers before bed and we did our last cheers and said goodbye to alcohol. Surprisingly today went pretty well for him, other than being Shakey and twitchy and puking a couple times throughout the day and pooping. but nothing terribly awful. I think he thought it was going to be so much worst, I definitely know he's relieved and now he knows he can be strong and get through it, that it's totally possible!! He's actually been eating all today, which is bizarre because he never would eat he'd go days and just drink. We're on a vitamin regiment and drinking a lot water and Gatorade. I'll keep you updated on how tomorrow goes.
Yes!!!!!

Thats awesome! By tomorrow I bet he already feels much better.

Maybe some mild anxiety buti bet that's about it.

BUT, that's alot of new free time. He's gonna have to be fairly active in something(s) just do deal with the energy+time.

Tell him I said I'm super proud yall are doing this!

Yes!!!!!

Thats awesome! By tomorrow I bet he already feels much better.

Maybe some mild anxiety buti bet that's about it.

BUT, that's alot of new free time. He's gonna have to be fairly active in something(s) just do deal with the energy+time.

Tell him I said I'm super proud yall are doing this!
Thanks for the support and encouraging words!!! You made our night, what kind words and support that we get to end the night with!! That really cheered us up and gave us strength to keep it going tomorrow!!! Thank you so much!! I'll keep ya posted!! Sending positivity and light your way!

Lol.

My comment about injecting vitamins got deleted. There is literally nothing wrong with an IM shot of b12 or b complex.

Get a grip fascist moderator
Because all you said was literally "Inject Vitamins". If you are going to try and advise people on a harm reduction forum, your advise should be specific and direct. Whoever deleted it (and then I guess undeleted it) probably did so because it just sounds like a nonsensical and not very useful contribution. That's not a fascist moderator, that's you blithering two words without context, and then demanding that they stand when they mean nothing? Silly.

Only commenting on this matter to demonstrate a bit of forum etiquette for any present and future onlookers.

Because all you said was literally "Inject Vitamins". If you are going to try and advise people on a harm reduction forum, your advise should be specific and direct. Whoever deleted it (and then I guess undeleted it) probably did so because it just sounds like a nonsensical and not very useful contribution. That's not a fascist moderator, that's you blithering two words without context, and then demanding that they stand when they mean nothing? Silly.

Only commenting on this matter to demonstrate a bit of forum etiquette for any present and future onlookers.
The context was previous posts where people were talking about taking them

Maybe some people feel vitamins get absorbed in alcoholics better when ingested??

The context was previous posts where people were talking about taking them

Maybe some people feel vitamins get absorbed in alcoholics better when ingested??
Idk lol, all I'm saying is try to be more specific 🤷 There is plenty of nonsense on here that sometimes shit gets mistakenly swept aside as an off topic utterance or unnecessary contribution, this problem is avoided if you are to the point and detailed in whatever it is you're trying to convey. That's what they taught me in tyrant school anyway.

@Snafu in the Void , something to me happened in a similar way , but from the research I've done, when you drink green tea like in tea bags your good, but to take large amounts it means that you're taking a concentrate l-theanine supplement, , you got to be careful because l-theanine has Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) it can damage your liver very fast, so these supplements if your popping 2, 3 or 5 pills you're already taking 30 times the daily dosage , and there are some stories about people getting cirrhosis just from these supplements all alone, even matcha tea is dangerous from my own experience, you have a strong liver otherwise you would already have this disease, not because is natural , means that taking large doses can be safe, got to watch out for those supplements because they are killing your liver, i learn the hard way , now only lemons to detox...

Ah, yeah, meant to update this.

I was taking it 400-600mg per day without much issue for about 3-4 weeks on top of the alcohol. I did notice I started having more anxiety than usual but wasn't sure if it was just the alcohol abuse.

I ran out and didn't buy more for 2 weeks, then started again at about 300mg/day. That's when I started having quite negative effects.

I began having brief but frequent episodes of dissociation, and noticeably much more anxious than usual including panic attacks which I usually don't have. Agitation, marked inability to concentrate or read paragraphs, and other weird symptoms I have never had from alcoholism.

All symptoms stopped within 36 hours of ceasing the theanine. I was having even more symptoms, but difficult to isolate from the plethora of negative effects of heavy alcohol abuse.

Last edited:
Merged into mega alcohol thread, and will be put into the directory... More info for the OP coming