• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Alcohol and Suboxone - Alcoholic Solutions for Higher BA With Sublingual Use

Hi I'm a new member and I stumbled across your post because I too am looking for a way to increase the bioavailability when taking my subs. I see this is an old post, but I was just curious if you are still using this method.
Thanks,
Angi

Hi I'm a new member and I stumbled across your post because I too am looking for a way to increase the bioavailability when taking my subs. I see this is an old post, but I was just curious if you are still using this method.
Thanks,
Angi

There seem to be quite a few people impressed by the results of using a very small amount of ethanol or EtOH + water to improve the absorption / BA- bioavailability of Sub films. There's only been one person who claims it's overrated but he has zero evidence to back that up vs the couple dozen people that thought it really helped.

I'd recommend giving it a try and seeing what you think about it. I can literally guarantee you won't lose any bupe from this method so give it a shot.

Welcome to BL Angi :)

^ I posted fuckin? evidence comrade, but by all means, people who won?t bother searching through the last couple pages, knock yourself out

And at LEAST two people agreed with me...

I?ll repost at a better time, the evidence

^ I posted fuckin? evidence comrade, but by all means, people who won?t bother searching through the last couple pages, knock yourself out
If you could just hyperlink it then problem solved, as there's none in this thread on any page.

And at LEAST two people agreed with me...

Correct, 2 out of around a 100 posters

Last edited:
^ You looked through EVERY page?

There was a reference where water solutions increased BA%, they thought because of faster dissolution.

When I have more time and better net access, I?ll repost, though some people (less than 98 of 100 :) ) won?t be convinced

TPD rinsed with listerine, which might actually help, but isn?t the method listed.

Just give me a good rebuttal besides ?people say it works? because any solution would work so that?s weak. Anecdotally, I vouch for water working (although I?ve never wasted 24mg doses)

Just don?t say I have zero evidence, I?m not lying, and dirtzed pointed out a logical argument, which is as much evidence as an assumption

Sorry for getting worked up, really I just hate digging up the rebuttal reference again if I can?t find it. Google it yourself, it should pop up

I meant I would read it when I could

Your right, I cannot find a full article mentioning composition - I stand beside my conclusions, IRL, people hesitant have found water or low ethanolic solutions to be far more effective than tablet, and above study says ?faster? dissolution, NOT magic ethanol absorption. Evidence on both sides is lacking at this point, tbh

...and the longest running placebo award goes to "SHEOPLE"

who think alcohol vs. liquid must be better because 80% believe

it must be true because the other 79% believe it to be!

...and the longest running placebo award goes to "SHEOPLE"

who think alcohol vs. liquid must be better because 80% believe

it must be true because the other 79% believe it to be!

So your saying it's all psychosomatic? Well considering the delivery vehicle for all the new patents use some percentage of EtOH and the solubility is much higher equaling a more concentrated solution, Ima gonna have to go with the science on this one. Baaahh (my sheepole sound) :)

No you have a point Lorne???. I'm fairly obstinate with my EtOH/ Sub opinion

I'm going to go with~ Sub Tablet< Sub Film< Sub in H2O< Sub in EtOH of some percentage< Sub in EtOH & PG< or = to BelBuca @45-65% BA

Last edited:
^ You never even acknowledged my apology. Shame! ;)

Just text address the common sense issue of fastet dissolution, if your that interested

(I speak only for myself)

I don't feel this particularly worthy of another thread but for whatever reasons I was measuring ml of 151 proof grain alcohol. Someone had switched my pill bottle from the empty pill bottle I usually measure liquids out of (that's my fault, I realize) and without looking I doused 5 8 mg hexagon tablets in about 3 ml of ethanol. They retain shape, however I wonder if the ethanol stole all of my buprenorphine? Or since they appear in good shape they will probably still work? Did do an extra 3/8ths because they were little chunks melting fast lol.

ON TOPIC. I havent took bupe sublingually without about a ml of alcohol under the tongue, towards the tail end (just personal experience it seems to open up all the membranes that were gunna remain closed) swish it around and spit it out. Since we all know how well bupe works orally. However I still prefer snorting the tablets......what is the science saying is the real better choice for higher bioavailability. (and yes ill look myself)

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd ask a question here instead of starting a new thread.

So dissolving Buprenorphine in alcohol and taking it sublingually, will increase BA.
Is it Alcoholic solution + sublingual that cause the higher BA, or is it Alcohol + Buprenorphine that cause the higher BA?

In other words, will Alcohol + Buprenorphine also increase rectal administration beyond 54% BA? (54% is normally the BA of rectal administration, of Buprenorphine)

To not have Captain_Heroin in here any longer feels weird ,like a chessboard missing a Bishop .
By the way, nor sure if the archives are available since I´m back in here and know close to nothing of the current Bluelight compared to the one we had 15+ years ago ( more or less when I quit my account cause of other priorities )...this Method even had a name back then ,which coincided with some Mod´s whose name eludes me now ( I know it definitely had to do with numbers though like : " 6seven_´something` " Method .
CH would instantly know what I´m on about .

Anyways , back to the BA. Some people have pointed common sense things out such as making sure you look after your oral hygiene before placing the tablet under your tongue ...as for BA, tbph and after having tried all types of alcohol I will have to disparage that as some type of myth ,at least you´ll arrive at such realization in the short/ mid term ...at the time when I was new to Bupre I also felt like :eek:ral hygiene followed by my bupre imbedded in some strong alcohol solution equalled not only longer BA but increased effects as well.
One week later and I already disparaged it as some type of "Placebo ". I do however, always take care of my oral hygiene before dosing ( Listerine ´ or some other similar product` with full proof alcohol inclusive ) .
If I fail to do the above ritual I get "Placebo " in reverse I guess eheh .