• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Alcohol and methamphetamine

Tek4242

Bluelighter
I know that when you do cocaine and drink alcohol together, it forms a different, more euphoric and more toxic chemical. But that got me thinking does thesane thing happen when doing meth and drinking as well? I know that you should stay hydrated while on meth and alcohol won't help that situation but do they form another worse/better chemical?

No meth doesn't process into anything other than Dextroamphetamine / a % of Levo-amphetamine

Regardless of whether alcohol combines in a toxic way chemically it doubtless combines in a toxic way generally. Regularly taking alcohol combined with stimulants generally trends to result in worse sober scores on mental focus and ability tests .. though those tests aren't really that useful and the drinkers probably all have hangovers anyway. Also, poor nutrition results in a significant increase in the harmful effects of alcohol .. and regular meth use doubtless produces that. Then there's the fact that you can easily drink a bottle of gin on meth without realising how much your drinking ... and just have slightly wobbly legs. I personally have found no real benefits to a meth high from alcohol just problems during the comedown. It's similar for the H I smoke during a meth run (I generally take only enough to stay well). I've done some crazy dangerous stuff with huge overdoses of fent that worked really well .. but that was only slightly less dangerous than actually attempting suicide from overdose and had a withdrawal at 6 months that was insane.

These days if I take meth .. I just take meth. If you're comboing with meth a lot then I'd suggest you make an effort to think if it's actually worth it. You might have a little twinge every now and again when you think a drink would be nice right now, but you'll forget it quickly and the lack of alcohol will hardly make any difference to the non-comedown experience. I actually like drinking non-alcoholic beer / wine on meth as even though it tastes like shit so does everything on meth and it's the most palatable way I've found to get electrolytes and calories.

the only combo in the world i avoid are any type of amphetamines, and alcohol. once you forget your address twice you too will avoid it.

I very very rarely use meth but I do drink quite a bit which I'm working on (down to one 1/2 gallon a week which is nothing comparatively) so I just was wondering if they processed together like coke. Thank you for your reply. I'll stay away from the crystal or booze when using one or the other

Regardless of whether alcohol combines in a toxic way chemically it doubtless combines in a toxic way generally. Regularly taking alcohol combined with stimulants generally trends to result in worse sober scores on mental focus and ability tests .. though those tests aren't really that useful and the drinkers probably all have hangovers anyway. Also, poor nutrition results in a significant increase in the harmful effects of alcohol .. and regular meth use doubtless produces that. Then there's the fact that you can easily drink a bottle of gin on meth without realising how much your drinking ... and just have slightly wobbly legs. I personally have found no real benefits to a meth high from alcohol just problems during the comedown. It's similar for the H I smoke during a meth run (I generally take only enough to stay well). I've done some crazy dangerous stuff with huge overdoses of fent that worked really well .. but that was only slightly less dangerous than actually attempting suicide from overdose and had a withdrawal at 6 months that was insane.

These days if I take meth .. I just take meth. If you're comboing with meth a lot then I'd suggest you make an effort to think if it's actually worth it. You might have a little twinge every now and again when you think a drink would be nice right now, but you'll forget it quickly and the lack of alcohol will hardly make any difference to the non-comedown experience. I actually like drinking non-alcoholic beer / wine on meth as even though it tastes like shit so does everything on meth and it's the most palatable way I've found to get electrolytes and calories.

I agree with most of this. Methamphetamine is already very hard on the body. Dehydration is a major issues when using stimulants like this. On the other hand, we have Alcohol. Alcohol is wicked hard on the body. Both of these substances contribute to dehydration and when used in tandem, I believe it's probably near-impossible to stay properly hydrated. When you get dehydrated, your entire body suffers and so it pays to make sure that you are always on top of it.

Ironic how alcohol is worse for you than meth but totally legal. I think alcohols helps the comedowns of stims better.

Drinking on them greatly diminishes the up. They don't potentiate eachother. In fact, alcohol doesn't really potentiate anything besides coke and maybe even then.

Ive been drinking the last week while on Meth. I’m fucked up more and feel just a more energetic drunk. But I sober up quick. And in dangerous surroundings which I’m usually in I’m more daring which probably isn’t good. Also you easily drink more and can’t feel it as much. And I had the shakes recently. I want to cut out the alcohol because why am I anyways???

No hangover really though. Or not worse. I gotta drink more water.

I don’t claim to know any scientific based evidence about the ins and outs of alcohol and meth, but trying to apply common sense to the issue, I would think that since alcohol dehydrates you and meth does too, that it could cause some very negative side effects, especially combining an alcohol hangover and a meth hangover AND dehydration.... I can feel my brain pounding against my skull just thinking about it lol

Last edited:
Ironic how alcohol is worse for you than meth but totally legal. I think alcohols helps the comedowns of stims better.

Drinking on them greatly diminishes the up. They don't potentiate eachother. In fact, alcohol doesn't really potentiate anything besides coke and maybe even then.

Yea pretty much everyone who knows me is familiar with my stance on Alcohol. It's a drug just like any other, but as drugs go, this one really takes a toll. Socially, you can alienate people you care about fast. A person that I really care(d) about stuck by me on multiple occasions as I completely destroyed her feelings. This wasn't a one time thing. My behavior when I drink is shameful and has cost me a lot. This doesn't even mention the physical consequences. I "got sober" a few years ago, quitting dope and everything else, but I have definitely had some slips in the process. I have relapsed a few times in this phase and it's generally very ugly and for some reason, always involves someone I care about.

The thing is. Alcohol is available. It's always around, which can make it very difficult for people like myself. I was a 2 gram+ Heroin user. It has been difficult to leave it behind and I have had help in the process, but Alcohol has remained a thorn in my side. I don't even know why I'm saying all of this. I just think it's very important for people to understand the socio-medical consequences. Alcohol is glorified and romanticized to the extreme in our society. I would venture to say that the average American will consider Cannabis to be "worse" than having a drink despite the fact that Cannabis is known to be safe.

I had some bad effects from drinking heavily days prior to meth use. I experience psychosis in like 12 hours and it was very rough.

At best, nothing happens. I cant feel the alcohol at all.

I also dont get why people enjoy mixing meth and heroin? Its a great rush but meth completely over powers any opiate effects for me.