• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Alcohol after Benzo Withdrawal Help?

300THB

Bluelighter
My benzo history is as follows.

Ativan for total of 3 years.

Year 1 2-4 mg daily
Year 2 2mg daily
Year 3 1mg daily

Decided to stop taking the benzo completely when i was in hospital after a accident. Dropped from .5mg to 0 and felt withdrawals but not so bad really. Was on high dosage of codeine for the pain from the accident so i believe this helped ease the WD.

I'm now 10 weeks free of benzos! feels great, no withdrawals whatsoever :D

Now my lady friend said to me today that she has bought me 2 alcoholic calendars for Christmas! A whisky and a wine calendar. I was really happy and thought fuck yeah but then i thought shit, I'm only 10 weeks free of benzos.

Will I have problems with 1-2 shots of alcohol daily with the calendars? Think i should just tell her to cancel the order on Amazon. Although i would love to sample them whiskies.

Please advise, feel great right now and don't want benzo withdrawal back.

Personally I would wait longer. I havent been through benzo wds but after alcohol wds it took me a couple yrs of pretty much abstinence before i could drink again without bad anxiety.

Alcohol will just delay your healing and you'll feel fucking terrible once the alcohol has worn off/next day. I know 1-2 shots of whiskey isn't too much but I'd avoid it.

I used to use alcohol and lot during the many times i've come off of benzos and trust me it's not worth it.

You'll feel freat after the shots but in the long run it's not worth it. Clean eating and exercise helps a lot when in withdrawal. just have to grind out bro.

This has all been really helpful I've told her to cancel the orders for the alcohol calendars and get me a 100kg weight set instead lol. As you guys said its just not worth it. I'm finally getting my life back to normal (Enrolled on a access to nursing course) so I don't want to fuck it all up.

One other question that I would appreciate some help on. How do anabolic steroids react post benzo withdrawal? I would like to jump back on cycle but fear that it could cause problems?

Before I was hospitalized after my road accident I was blasting and cruising for about 3 years. Now I look like shit having been laid up for over 10 weeks. I would like to jump back on cycle but only if it wont cause mental sides.

I cant answer your last question but holy fark. Well done on your decisions and recovery!
We need to celebrate this on BL, there isnt enough of these stories

don't take steroids in benzo withdrawal, they are one of the worst things to take worse than alcohol

This has all been really helpful I've told her to cancel the orders for the alcohol calendars and get me a 100kg weight set instead lol. As you guys said its just not worth it. I'm finally getting my life back to normal (Enrolled on a access to nursing course) so I don't want to fuck it all up.

This genuinely hit a heart string, Good you man seriously and you've 100% made the right choice. Good luck man and I hope you and your lady friend have a positive future. Much love dude.

Good for you man. Keep up the good work! I can't imagine being on benzos for 3 years straight. They really creep up on you. I just quit benzos cold turkey myself (been using on and off for about a year xanax/valium/kpins mainly) I am on day 9 and I feel better already :) I just hope the withdrawal wont kick in later. Trying to use as little booze as possible myself atm. Generally trying to stay away from GABAergic substances.