• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol alcohol addiction

LucidShroomDmtier

Bluelighter
Greetings Bluelighters,

I was wondering how fast one gets addicted to alcohol and which are the signs,

what is the safe alcohol routine consumption to ward of negative effects?

is it natural that antisocial behaviour gona kick in when binging at some point? Once i completely lost control over my self and was swearing and provoking people to fight without any reason aquitances and friends alike everybody in my way were showered with heavy amounts bad language it was almost like i was possesed with demons, while 2hrs earlier i was loving everyone telling jokes and having nice conversations.

i was drinking average-heavy amounts(300-500ml hard drink+beers) for about every 2nd or 3rd day. Should i expect liver damage and retardation =D?

Alcohol addiction is almost instant when not kept in check. Part of the hangover symptoms caused by alcohol, are actually withdrawal symptoms from the drug. Drinking daily will very quickly lead you to a shitty place, if not kept under moderation. The rebound effects from alcohol aka the hangover, become stupidely bad when you start binge drinking which makes alcohol all the more tempting to use again, to relieve the hangover. And then the vicious circle starts. True alcohol withdrawal is one of the worst withdrawals out there by far, you will literally have such real hallucinations that no matter what you tell yourself, they will seem real. Not to mention risk of death by seizure.

It will not take long at all the beam physically dependent on alcohol depending on how you drink. I got to a point where I needed 2 drinks for every waking hours. Yes, I was drink over 1.75ml of whiskey a day. I got to that point in 6 weeks. I'd say that by the end of week two I needed 750ml of whisky every day. I was also drinking all day, not binging at night. Basically when I woke up I drink whiskey and coke or whiskey and raspberry Iced tea until I felt good. From there on out I'd just go about my day stopping whenever I started to feel too sober and drinking until I felt good. I stopped to have a drink a lot back then.

I hate to say it, but I was a delivery person and assistant manager of an Edible Arrangements franchise.

You can become psychologically dependent on alcohol in 1 or 2 days depending on what else is going on in your life on how you are consuming the alcohol, however for most people psychological dependence takes much longer. That sounds fast, but I've been there. For example if once the alcohol you drank initially wheres off you feel worse than felt initially (and not from a hangover) then you've achieved the first level go psychological dependence where you become aware that you feel better after a few drinks than you do sober. As far as physical depended that probably begins to manifest after a week of constant alcohol consumption and it becomes worse and worse as the length of time one has been dependent on alcohol increases and the quantity of alcohol consumed daily increases as well.

Basically, depending on how much and how often you drink, that will determine the degree of physical and psychological dependence. It can manifest psychologically speaking within the first few days if you are constantly drinking especially if you have been miserable while sober recently. Physical dependence can begin to manifest in about a week in accordance with the quantity and schedule of daily drinking.

I got liver (minor repairable) damage from the month and half that I went from drink a 750ml of whiskey (40% alcohol) every day to drinking over 1.75 liters of whiskey in a day. Then I detoxed, got out started drinking like a 750ml again, was told to stop, started doing almost half a gram of oxycodone a day in pill form after a week or so of rebuilding my opiate tolerance, ingested orally. I got lined up to go away to good psychiatric treatment so I decided to stop the opiates before I entered treatment, I didn't want them to see me like that. So I drank to kick opiates, was sick for days, but at least I had alcohol and my GF's little brother brought me pot and xanax. When they checked my liver function following about 3 weeks of drinking about 1.25 liters of alcohol a day, my liver function was healthy.

Don't accept my experience as data that will apply to you. I've always been able to handle way more substance or medication than most people.... which sucks really hard because when I was using it was soooooo expensive!

thank you for sharing your expirience,
did you expirienced any hallucinations at any point?
and do you have high body mass?
also what about memory?

Last edited:
I was about 175lbs at the time and 5'11 for height. I did not experience any visual hallucinations, during the 4 or so hours between having my last drink and getting my first dose of Ativan at the hospital I experienced mild auditory hallucinations. It was nothing that I could decipher but my ears would hear people talking when I was in a quiet room. Like I said, I could not understand what the people were saying, but I have people having conversations while I was curled up in a ball shaking in the corner of the emergency room waiting area, no one was there except my mother and she was reading a book, all the hospital staff were in nearby rooms either admitting other patients or doing paper work, so I definitely heard something that wasn't there. My memory is fickle, I am on 9 medications nowadays so that is to be expected. Back then my memory was a lot better. My intelligence was obvious to most and part of being very smart is being able to recall a lot of details and compare and contrast ideas and their respective details in your head quickly. So even with the alcohol my memory was impressive and my intelligence obvious. It's not the same anymore, but I feel like that is due to the medications. Plus I've been sober over a year and my memory has only gotten worse. So medications are worse for cognitive function that short term severe alcohol abuse. Funny how that works. Big Pharma and Psychiatrists would hate for my case study to get out, oops there's a rogue genius neurosurgeon by day psychiatrist by night who's writing in my case study while he drinks Monster Energy drinks and smokes American Spirits.

Alcohol never did any real damage to me because although my usage was extraordinarily heavy, it was short term and I didn't combine it with other substances that would cause permanent damage.