• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Airport security and carts

Pokerfish

Greenlighter
Hello.
I am flying across country to see a family memember next month.
Does anyone have any experience bringing carts through airport security (usa)?
How hard is it, what will they do if caught?

I’ll be gone for a week and know I won’t be able to sleep at all among other side effects if I can’t bring a few carts with me.

thanks

Hello.
I am flying across country to see a family memember next month.
Does anyone have any experience bringing carts through airport security (usa)?
How hard is it, what will they do if caught?

I’ll be gone for a week and know I won’t be able to sleep at all among other side effects if I can’t bring a few carts with me.

thanks
Airport carts?

airport-motorized-cart.jpg

On a serious note, though—and it did take me a minute to figure out what the fuck you were talking about (vape cartridges, I assume, why not just say that?)—this kind of question isn't really what we're here for, but I will say this: airport security on domestic flights is almost entirely geared towards keeping weapons out. Drugs are pretty much an afterthought, at least in discreet personal use quantities. Especially ones that don't look or smell illegal.

Think or having a peer around in order to take pictures, if not capture the whole transit in video...

Airport carts?

airport-motorized-cart.jpg

On a serious note, though—and it did take me a minute to figure out what the fuck you were talking about (vape cartridges, I assume, why not just say that?)—this kind of question isn't really what we're here for, but I will say this: airport security on domestic flights is almost entirely geared towards keeping weapons out. Drugs are pretty much an afterthought, at least in discreet personal use quantities. Especially ones that don't look or smell illegal.

oh my bad that’s what everyone I know calls them.
Thanks for your response though.
I guess the thing I’m worried about is the fact the cartridges have metal in them so they’ll show up when they scan your luggage.

I would not bring them, and just get hashish or pot wherever you are going, or take a tolerance break.

I have heard of people bringing such things in carry on luggage and they tell workers that it is an electronic cigarette/vape with liquid nicotine.

oh my bad that’s what everyone I know calls them.
Thanks for your response though.
I guess the thing I’m worried about is the fact the cartridges have metal in them so they’ll show up when they scan your luggage.
I highly doubt that would be a problem. Again, they are looking for weapons and stuff like that, not drugs.

That being said, Priest is right. Carrying drugs is always a risk and it seems like it will probably be making you anxious. That is actually something that airport security is trained to watch for and—again, I doubt this would happen, but it's a chance—acting anxious and suspicious might lead to you being singled out for extra attention.

So on the one hand you're probably overthinking shit that's not really that big a risk, but on the other hand if the slight chance of the risk comes true, you'll be in a bad situation. So for your peace of mind at least maybe leave it?

Right on.
I don’t think I’ll have access to any thc where I’m going.
I guess I have to do risk/reward assessment.
Unfortunatley, it is the thought of spending a week without any weed that really makes me anxious, so I’ll probably say fuck it and take my chances.
Being addicted to shit sucks :/
Atleast it’s only weed I guess. Used to be worse shit.
Thanks again.

if u want to get away with anything at all in life you need to look like your not doing anything wrong
This, basically. I've even heard of people who did this kind of thing professionally to even take something like propanolol to cut the edge off when they were crossing a border or the like. And, of course, the best don't look the part and do stuff like bring a chick along to make it look legit (which is how women like Alice Marie Johnson of Trump pardon fame wind up in prison.) But this leads directly to the best tip of all for getting away with it: get someone else to do it in the first place.
up the arse condom, more than 1
See my last point above on this suggestion.

wouldn't the drug sniffing dogs pick up on the sent of the vape cart?

Many of the sniffer dogs at domestic airport security gaits (going through customs is a different situation) are actually just sniffing for explosives, not drugs. Not necessarily so but often true a lot of the time.

Dogs sniffing for weed at an airport would be a disaster. Every 4th person would get barked at and it would cause a serious delay, or even a panic

As someone said above, their primary focus is weapons, namely explosives. I have brought pills and carts through airplanes many times, never had an issue. One time I realized I had a couple points of coke folded up in a baggie in my wallet once I reached my destination. That gave me a heart attack for a second. Just dont bring obscene amounts, and dont be nervous and weird.

If you really want to be safe, mail it to your destination. Otherwise buy a couple cheap disposable ecig/nicotine vaporizers, and pack a cart along with them, for camouflage

Don't bring it through security ever...put it in your luggage that gets stowed away. I did that a few times but then again I don't live in a country that obsessed about drug use. Cops here knew I was ordering drugs off the dark web and they lost interest when they saw it was personal use only...lol

I know a guy who spent 3 years in a foreign jail because he thought he could get away with transporting drugs in his shoes from Europe to Mexico. He's lucky though because it was cocaine.

Bottom line: United States hates people who transport controlled substances across any kind of borders.

I have traveled all over the US and to Mexico, Guatemala, The Caymans, Bahamas, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and New Zealand packing pot in my checked luggage. If it is sealed up, the dog can't smell it. Most people get caught because the dog smells the pot on the outside of your package. I usually put it in some kind of medicine bottle. Then wash the hell out of that bottle and make sure your hands are clean when you pack it in a zip bag with other medicines. Put that in a larger zip bag with your toiletries. Then just relax. Like they say, looking nervous is a tip off. Just forget about it, knowing you are going to be OK. Try to plan so you are not bringing anything home because by then you have probably contaminated your bag. Gift your leftovers to your host at your vacation spot. Let them search if they like, don't let them find anything.
BTW they may be more worried about the Lithium battery for your vape pen than the vape. You probably want to pack that battery in with your phone and laptop, following those rules. If you are paranoid, buy a tobacco cart for it.

I have traveled all over the US and to Mexico, Guatemala, The Caymans, Bahamas, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and New Zealand packing pot in my checked luggage. If it is sealed up, the dog can't smell it. Most people get caught because the dog smells the pot on the outside of your package. I usually put it in some kind of medicine bottle. Then wash the hell out of that bottle and make sure your hands are clean when you pack it in a zip bag with other medicines. Put that in a larger zip bag with your toiletries. Then just relax. Like they say, looking nervous is a tip off. Just forget about it, knowing you are going to be OK. Try to plan so you are not bringing anything home because by then you have probably contaminated your bag. Gift your leftovers to your host at your vacation spot. Let them search if they like, don't let them find anything.
BTW they may be more worried about the Lithium battery for your vape pen than the vape. You probably want to pack that battery in with your phone and laptop, following those rules. If you are paranoid, buy a tobacco cart for it.
I wouldn't be surprised if those trips took place many years ago. If he's paranoid he'll have to do more than that. He'll need a careful dose of benzos or something else that blocks adrenaline/anxiety without causing intoxication. And by sealed I hope you meant vacuum sealed.

I wouldn't be surprised if those trips took place many years ago. If he's paranoid he'll have to do more than that. He'll need a careful dose of benzos or something else that blocks adrenaline/anxiety without causing intoxication. And by sealed I hope you meant vacuum sealed.

Our travels in ernest started around 1998 but we went somewere every years since then, on a plane with my stash. My wife did freak out when I dropped a joint in a tube in the tray at security at the Smithsonian.. It's supposed to be legal there but the guy didn't say squat he just handed me the tray back on the other side off the metal detector.

your not allowed to bring pressurized containers on airplanes and the meatal case would stick out like a sore thumb on x-ray scanners, worst case sinario is that the tsa officer is blind and docent see it in your checked luggage and it explodes in the cargo hold, best case sinario is that they think its a bomb, pull you over and make you explain what the fuck this is, then throw away the pressurized vessels.

just order them to a hotel before you arrive so they appear when you are there.

Gotta laugh at all the people saying to take propranolol and shit or to hide the pen up the ass (that would honestly be so suss on the full body scanner).

You can look up police records at various airports to get an idea of how many people get in legal trouble if they get busted. Often it is quite a low number. If this is the case they likely are not targeting personal amounts, either confiscating the contraband or ignoring it.

Never known anybody to have a problem with a vape pen in the toiletries or edibles in a different package.

Many yeas ago when I wanted to take my nitrous bottle to Florida I shipped it UPS ground and took it home empty on the plane. They just wanted to open the valve to be sure it was empty.

I would try a carryon like a backpack. Just have battery, charger, and cart in the backpack. Maybe a small bottle of nicotine e liquid for cover? Or you could try delta 8 carts. These are pretty widely regarded as legal. Checked luggage would be even better though really. No way are they checking checked bags for vape pens under normal circumstances.