• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Aid to Severe Benzo & Gabapentin W/D

blue comet

Bluelighter
I've been off benzos for 16 months (four years use of klonopin & ambien) and off gabapentin for 9 months (two months use of 1200mg-2100mg per day), and ever since I've gotten off the gabapentin my life has been a LIVING hell.

It has paralyzed me; I have nonstop anxiety, I have irrational thoughts, I have derealization, I have anger issues, I have nerve pain, I have heart palpitations, I have severe cognitive impairment, I can't drive, I can't drink alcohol or caffeine, I can't travel by myself, my hair will NOT stop falling out. I essentially am crippled until this resolves somehow, as I can't find meaningful work, drive a car, improve my living situation, or have a romantic relationship.

I had none of this prior to gabapentin so I believe that gabapentin either severely disrupted my already fragile CNS or did some sort of damage on its own. I have yet to find any type of doctor that has any idea what I describe to them, and I've gone to a lot of doctors.

While some things are improving (derealization being one), I am still just watching my life waste away because of all this. 9 months of nonstop hell.

Being that I'd like 2016 to be a year of change, I was wondering if there was anything I could do to improve my health or reverse this situation?