• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Agora shutdown and The Untold Story of LHG

WeGotTheWay

Greenlighter
Blog link here

Days ago, one of the biggest drug trading sites went down. Agora, a huge website in its own right and the direct successor of legendary darknet site Silk Road, took itself down amid security concerns. The admins explained that they had some security issues, and did not trust the site to run until said issues were addressed properly. In the meantime, members and consumers would have to find alternate routes to complete transactions. Agora runs such a strong business that its absence is being felt, even as the darknet nether regions race to make multiple replacement servers available.
Years ago, before Agora and even other darknet exchange websites became known, there was a huge clearnet site that no one had heard about called legalhighguides a.k.a sciencefor.us. SFU, as the site will be referred to from here, was a forum that happened to facilitate research chemical sales. Unlike the moderators of silk road and agora it was a forum. It didn’t charge a deposit to be a vendor to be on his site or make money on every transactions. To a lot of former contributors asked about it, SFU was about freedom of speech. It wasn’t just about selling research chemicals, it was a forum for much more. One can take a look using this way back machine to old clear net board. The site was run by David Boswell. David believed in freedom of information, a real Timothy Leary type. His site was not private, of course, being openly on the clearnet. Some of the members didn’t agree with this choice. Woot, a former admin on the site, gained David’s trust. In a move sponsored by vendors, a coup d’état happened, taking the site’s membership, facilitated by woot. Woot stole the site, and rerouted it toeuphoricknowledge.com, which will be referred to as EK.

EK resembled more of a darknet markplace/ebay for research chemicals. Unlike SFU, EK had more standards: it was private, vendors had rating system that was similar to eBay, and many more improved features than its predecessors. However, it didn’t last longer than around three months. Why? Because woot was setup by Mr. Mike, aka Michael Haddock. Mr. Mike had been caught selling research chemicals and turned informant. He got woot on Skype to admit to a range of felonies that included money laundering, consuming research chemicals, selling research chemicals that were illegal in their state, and set woot up to have kilos of research chemicals when they busted him. What’s sad, though, is that Haddock is doing more time than Scroggins (woot), even though he snitched. At the end of it all, Scroggins got 9 years and Haddock got 20. Here is Scroggins’ sentencing paperworklink. These are links to Haddock’s sentencing and reddit confessions before he went to jail for sentencing. Inevitably EK went down when its owner went to jail, and several similar boards. However, the story doesn’t end here. David found a way to gain control of his site again and brought back SFU. Even after the feds took down Scroggins, the site lived on for a few more years. Unfortunately, David died in May, 2013. His death was ruled a suicide, but rumor has it that his ex may have done it. Since it was a shotgun it’s hard to tell, like in the case of Kurt Cobain. The admins of the site tried to keep SFU alive, but it didn’t work out. SFU went down a few months later voluntarily with no warning from the new owners. This was probably due to extreme pressure from the feds, and they knew it was only a matter of time. The site went down a week after the first silk road.

Yes, David was accused of orchestrating price-fixings, extorting members, and various other things, he was still a pirate. However, unlike the Agora owners or Dread Pirate Roberts (silk road), he didn’t make millions of dollars. He risked his life and freedom to offer a place where people had real freedom of speech and wasn’t just about making money. There was something about the chaos of it that made it awesome. Then again, lives and freedoms were lost as result of it all. However, David Boswell will always be the real charitable pirate.

Last edited:
Sikk story bro. Titles a bit misleading tho you never actually say why Agora went down lol

Still the whole post is on about other markets and clearnet market before dark net markets just seemed to not really good anywhere for me lol

I would tend to agree its like a different story altogether don't know what this has to do with Agora (god rest its soul :D)

I was trying to tie in how previous Markets before have shutdown willingly due security concerns. Simialar to how Agora is doing today. However the story is more about LHG then Agora I will admit.

Do you have inside knowledge of this?
I'm also curious why he ended up getting 20 vs. Scroggins' 9?
And why was Scroggins' suicide suspicious?

First of Scroggins is in Jail not dead. David Boswell is dead. How do I know about his suicide being suspicious. The admin the took over the board was close friend of David and told me that he believed this was the case. I had also talked to David a month before his suicide and he didn't seem to have plans to check out soon.

First of Scroggins is in Jail not dead. David Boswell is dead. How do I know about his suicide being suspicious. The admin the took over the board was close friend of David and told me that he believed this was the case. I had also talked to David a month before his suicide and he didn't seem to have plans to check out soon.
Hello. I'm a childhood best friend of David and I'm recently going over alot of information available and putting together a full picture of what happened and this was a amazing post from someone who must of really knew David and had a true idea of exactly what he was about and where his ideals stood. at this point it's been many years since his death and this article but if the author or anyone else who knows about LHG or David reach out to me please. Thank you