• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Afraid someone got ripped off, could use some advice.

ThePlantofJOY

Bluelighter
Has anyone ever encountered BTH, that has very little smell, is ROCK hard, is very difficult to melt, smells very wrong and tastes worse and has a very "peppery" taste. Also it causes terrible chills. I would not have bought this if it had been presented to me, but the person who did was not aware. Freezing, or adding a bit of heat does not do much, however it does dissolve in water. Is anyone familiar with a substance like this. Is there anything that can be done to better determine what it is, would using a distillation set up make a difference. If I can clarify anything or if more information is needed I will do my best to clarify. I would really appreciate some help with this. Thank you for your time and hopefully feedback

Unfortunately, nobody can guess what you have by description. It could be a thousand things, most of them sketchy. Therefore, cant really guess what would remove your drugs from the solution. I definitely wouldn't heat it, though. Heroin doesnt need heat to dissolve in water, but nasty cuts do. If tar doesnt (mostly) dissolve on its own after 15-20 min (and some stirring) it's probably not a good idea to inject.

Basically, you're stuck with what you have. If its sketchy, I'd trash it, hard as that may be, and find a new source.

I’ve done alooot of sketchy dope and I can tell you 9 times out of 10 trust your gut, the problem with H is, addicts know they’ve been ripped off but want to convince themselves by any means that maybe were the ones who are wrong, so that we don’t have to be sick. Like stated before we can’t tell you but from the sound of it I would say just toss it anything that gives me “terrible chills” doesn’t sound like any dope I’ve ever heard of or done, that’s the exact opposite feeling you want to have.

We can't ID substances over the internet, anything we say will be pure conjecture. I would toss this shit

It doesn't melt when a flame is applied to it, or is indirectly heated? Trash it for sure

If it gives you nasty effects there’s really nothing we can do to change that unfortunately. I think you know it’s trash but as another poster said when we’re addicts we want to believe because the alternative is being dope sick.

-GC

The current plan is to try and run it thru distillation after allowing it to break down. After some experimentation, it seems to break down in water without heat, so I am hoping that allowing the morphine to breakdown in the water something will be able to be saved. Losing 6K on it is just unacceptable so I am hoping to try some things to get anything useful from it. Distillation, or possibly using acid in trying to salvage whatever is possible. Having access to a lab I hope there might be some things that might be done.

Now that I’m understanding your situation better, maybe try a simple A/B on it first. What kind of distillation were you thinking?

I’d dissolve it in minimal hot water, filter, then let cool to try and precipitate any garbage, filter again. Then wash water extract with some non polar solvent.

Do you feel there’s anything worthwhile in there at all? Do you get high in a good way or is it all garbage.

There’s also the dangers of concentrating potential fentanyl to deadly levels too.

-GC

If $6,000 was spent on it then I'm assuming you're a dealer if you're buying that much at once. You should also know better as well tho..i would never reup on anything that's not around my normal quality. And i always sample it first. Im an IV. User but i also smoke some on foil as well. But anyways ive had stuff that's similar to what you describe minus a couple things. It was low quality Heroin it would get you well if you're sick but not really gonna get high off it basically

No I am not a dealer, I do not have local access, In this particular case forces beyond my control meant that I was not present at the time, however since I have regularly worked with the seller in the past I had no reason to suspect it would be any different. It was not until several days later that I saw it. The moment I did I knew there was something wrong and only grew worse as I began working with it. Unfortunately I sometimes becomes bedridden and am unable to do much of anything. After working with the same people for quite some time I had to trust others to make it happen. I have no muscle tissue on one side of my spine and my bones are deteriorating so there are times I am unable to walk. I am waiting on a new test kit, and have been planning some experiments to see if I will be able to save anything useful from it. Just another in a long line of shitty things that have happened lately. Even with high quality product I rarely get high, it just allows me to walk with bearable pain, and sit without being in severe pain.

Now that I’m understanding your situation better, maybe try a simple A/B on it first. What kind of distillation were you thinking?

I’d dissolve it in minimal hot water, filter, then let cool to try and precipitate any garbage, filter again. Then wash water extract with some non polar solvent.

Do you feel there’s anything worthwhile in there at all? Do you get high in a good way or is it all garbage.

There’s also the dangers of concentrating potential fentanyl to deadly levels too.

-GC
That is what I am doing, I am trying to break whatever is in it back to morphine by leaving it in water and then plan to run that thru distillation. I honestly dont have a whole lot of hope that much of anything will be recovered but feel like I dont have much option but to try and do what I can. It is extraordinarily frustrating being in the situation I am in. I have very limited access and it is very difficult to travel. It just amazes me a bit that after having few issues in the past that someone would jeopardize future business but I suppose they figure with my limited options. I appreciate the advice, hope you have a good day!

I think you need to read up a bit on opiate chemistry, not to sound negative. But I’m not sure if a distillation is the route to go, what do you plan to do exactly? A steam distillation? Freebase distillation under vacuum? I’m not sure you really know and either way I can tell you distillation of any sort doesn’t seem to be the standard for purification of morphine or heroin. A/B purification is gonna be much easier and effective. I’m not sure you could even pull over morphine in a steam distillation anyways.

Unfortunately you just got a major taste of what they like to call the “game” play or get played.. Now you know never to separate from your money, especially that amount. Even the most trustworthy people in my life would never walk off with 6 G of my cash.

Next a test kit and testing as soon as you got it before the guy even left would have been the proper thing to do. I won’t even pull money out til I see that test is legit.

I know this is hindsight 20/20 shit...

I believe there’s a heroin purification guide on Erowid but not sure how legit it is. Dissolve in minimal dilute acid, filter, wash with suitable non polar solvent, discard NP solvent, basify water with sodium carbonate to ensure pH doesn’t get dangerously high, extract into suitable non-polar solvent. At this point it may be possible to just dry as is for hopefully some freebase, but you could continue back to salt form for further purification.

But... As I said before. Have you at all factored in that you might have a fentanyl cut or something else nasty which could be concentrated to dangerous levels and kill you first dose?

You should get it lab tested to both have an idea of exactly how to proceed with purification, as well as know if it’s even worth the trouble. What if it’s literally pure garbage and you spend even more money and time on it?

Just spitballing ideas for ya to think on.

-GC

That is what I am doing, I am trying to break whatever is in it back to morphine by leaving it in water and then plan to run that thru distillation. I honestly dont have a whole lot of hope that much of anything will be recovered but feel like I dont have much option but to try and do what I can. It is extraordinarily frustrating being in the situation I am in. I have very limited access and it is very difficult to travel. It just amazes me a bit that after having few issues in the past that someone would jeopardize future business but I suppose they figure with my limited options. I appreciate the advice, hope you have a good day!
Is it tar you're working with?

Is it tar you're working with?
Yes and no, it was sold as tar, and I do believe it contains some 6mam but wont know how much until I test it. On close inspection It is absolutely different that anything I have encountered before. It is ROCK hard, and does not soften. Other pieces of it crumble easily. It dissolves in water quite easily and even small amounts turns the water BLACK. I have started preliminary tests on it, but dont have much in the way of results yet. Over the next few days I should know more. The next step is testing to see what is in it, and purity levels. It has barely any smell on its own. However when burnt has a very nasty smell. I will post the results as I get them, and provide as much info as I can get. I found out that I was not the only person that is dealing with it, and have been asked to see if it is salvageable or fixable. At first glance it seems like it is just tar that has a harder consistency. It is certainly a bit of a mystery at the moment. Hopefully with a bit of work it will not be a total loss. Not to mention making sure the couriers I use have tools to test products and a better understanding of what they need to look for. I have learned that it came in in very large quantities as several suppliers all had the same product. Most of them have contacted me to see if there is anything that can be done to it, as they have been getting A LOT of complaints. One in particular has been put in a bad spot, so I hope I will be able to help them. If you have any thoughts or questions feel free to ask, I will provide what information I can as I learn more. Hope you have a great day!! :)

It is ROCK hard, and does not soften.
After buying BTH thousands of times all over the west coast/south west I have never received BTH that I would use the word "hard" to describe with, or anything close to "hard". BTH is so soft it's difficult and annoying to work with, at least on a warm summer day.

It's always extremely viscous and sticky OR is soft brown powder with a dry brown sugar consistency (or some combination of sticky and dry). NEVER hard.

What does it smell like? I think I would be tell you if it was heroin right away by the smell alone.

It's either not heroin or is HIGHLY adulterated.

Last edited:
After buying BTH thousands of times all over the west coast/south west I have never received BTH that I would use the word "hard" to describe with, or anything close to "hard". BTH is so soft it's difficult and annoying to work with.

It's always extremely viscous and sticky OR is soft brown powder with a dry brown sugar consistency (or some combination of sticky and dry). NEVER hard.

What does it smell like? I think I would be tell you if it was heroin right away by the smell alone.

It's either not heroin or is HIGHLY adulterated.
ya there is a VERY faint smell, had I not gotten it thru a courier I would have never bought it. There is obviously something VERY wrong with it. I am currently waiting for some testing supplies to come in to give me a better idea of what is in it and what it is.

ya there is a VERY faint smell, had I not gotten it thru a courier I would have never bought it. There is obviously something VERY wrong with it. I am currently waiting for some testing supplies to come in to give me a better idea of what is in it and what it is.

can you describe the smell? vinegar?

I would describe the smell of BTH like Barbecue Sauce mixed with vinegar and lit on fire. It's an unmistakable smell once you know it.

and again we are just purely speculating don't take this as an ID or diagnosis

Tar can be hard wth lol

Its better hard.

You want it to have the consistancy of crystal really. Is the stuff shiney? The stuff that this post is about.

Does it smell like vinegar at all?

You want black to smell like vinegar. Its just black with some shit cut in it. Boil it in an aluminum cooker and tell me...does it stick to the side of the cooker.

It sounds like its cut with shoe polish.

Or put it om foil and let it slide

Are the lines from it sliding black? Or is it kinda clear with black puddles?

Tar can be hard wth lol

Its better hard.
So weird to me... 10 years a junkie and never once did I ever encounter "hard" tar. Well I did from some random dude in Cali once. Worst shit I've ever had. Smoked .2 didn't feel ANYTHING...

It's called black Tar not black rock right(?)

I'm sure there may be local adulterants that could make it hard, I've just never encountered them