• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Advice please

Phoenix_rising

Bluelighter
Please im only looking for constructive advice and NOT sarcastic critisism,thank you,just thought i would get that out the way before starting.
I was on bupe since the begining of 2013 as i started using Heroin not long before my mum died after 20 years clean,i started at 16mg a day and went down to .4 then jumped to high dose plain leaf kratom with no withdrawal,i felt great but it started the addictive nature again and before long i was taking poppy pods and valium,so i managed to get off subutex and pregabalin,oh yeah i forgot to tell you that,i was on 100mg a day prgabalin.

So what now? Do i go back to the Doctor? I know i dont want to go back on subutex...Mainly because it does nothing for me,it keeps me steady so i suppose it does something,but didnt stop the mental craving for a drug buzz.I did use all sorts that would work on subutex,like coke,methoxetamine,cannabinoids etc etc. So the subutex really didn`t work in that respect,it didn`t block everything and surely didn`t stop my cravings.

Any advice woul be very welcome.

Honestly it sounds like you crave getting high. No matter what the drug may be.Are you trying to quit all drugs or just opiates?

In my heart all drugs,there is a life away from drugs i know that but most of my life has been on them,opiates are my DOC,the more i feel my life is shit the worse i get. I think im trying to escape life,i self medicate...Badly.

Poly substance dependence, check it out. You sound identical to me, and that's what I was labeled with.

sweet name dystopia...my meds aren't working!! lol

as for op, i think you should evaluate what you want from drugs vs. what you get from drugs. if you get what you want from drugs, its probably not time to stop using them. if you're at the point where you aren't getting shit from your doc (not getting high, feeling bummed all the time) and truly feel like you want to stop, then maybe its a good time for a break. don't beat yourself up for self medicating or being a junkie and shit like that, there is nothing wrong with using drugs but I'm sure you know that :). as for the subutex i totally agree with you about how it does practically nothing for the cravings. i know the cravings are probably constant but what i do is take some clonidine or any kind of anti anxiety medication and that really helps a bad craving and gives me a break from my mind for a bit. id also suggest putting opiates at the end of your drug diet if you can but thats much easier said than done. i would much rather come off stims than opiates. as you already know, opiate detox is total complete hell (subs too).

if you feel you need to use to cope for now, all i can say is harm reduction. (duh!)

I'm sure someone else will have much better things to say...but keep fighting, life can be a bitch. i wish you the best.

Buprenorphine isn't a cure all and you can't expect it to help if you aren't ready to commit to abstinence from drugs and some kind of recovery program. You didn't give it a chance. But you're right, you shouldn't go back on it if nothing has changed for you since the last time you were on it. I don't know why you'd even go to your doctor either.

In all honesty, if you're not ready there's nothing anyone or anything can do. You need to continue to use until the consequences aren't worth the high ans you're miserable enough to change your life.

Thanks for all your replies,i do appreciate it and i`ve found some sense and comfort in your words of advice. When i was 19 i was a heroin addict and gave up after my best mate died using methadone and then dihydrocodiene,i think i had about 10 months completely clean,no alcohol no nothing,i felt great,but it was always there lurking in the back of my mind and any excuse led me to use...Losing my mother in March 2013 was the biggest.

I suppose i`ll just get on with it,keep going and hoping for the best,this time though i feel at nearly 40 its too much hard work to change,being a negative bum with no friends or social circle doesn`t help either,just my family and my son,maybe thats enough to change...eventually. Drugs are great but they suck too.

Thanks for all your replies,i do appreciate it and i`ve found some sense and comfort in your words of advice. When i was 19 i was a heroin addict and gave up after my best mate died using methadone and then dihydrocodiene,i think i had about 10 months completely clean,no alcohol no nothing,i felt great,but it was always there lurking in the back of my mind and any excuse led me to use...Losing my mother in March 2013 was the biggest.

I suppose i`ll just get on with it,keep going and hoping for the best,this time though i feel at nearly 40 its too much hard work to change,being a negative bum with no friends or social circle doesn`t help either,just my family and my son,maybe thats enough to change...eventually. Drugs are great but they suck too.

Sorry to hear about your mother. Keep up with sobriety !

I Don't Know but Methadone MAY WORK Better But I would get it Off the Street or Lower your TOlerance and Take Codeine like a t3 Day before starting methadone so you got a low tolerance and if they start you at 30MG Preferably 40mg or Higher if you Know you can drink that Safely you can Try it out And If you don't get any Effects From it Helpful or it does not last 24 hours or if it does help mental cravings and lasts longer some people find methadone metabolizers faster in them and use Bup Instead. But Once On it since your off bupe Anymore then 60MG Methadone DAILY will not Contribute to any Mental Effects BUT I was AT 70MG ready to quit when i hit 75 and then 80 i noticed some and 85 HUGE DIFFerence and i am at 90MG and I feel a very Big Difference

Yeah, methadone might be worth a try...if you approach it the right way, it can really help stabilize your life, and helps a lot with cravings too. Just my two cents. Good luck:)