• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Advice on oxycodone and detox please help

Teaandcrumpets

Greenlighter
Hi there. New here and I have a question... sorry this is long but needs to be explained...
Recently I've made the decision to go into rehab and before I go to rehab, I have to go to detox. My drug of choice is oxycodone and I take between 90-300mg on a daily basis.
When I called the detox center that works with the rehab I'm going into, they asked me what drug I use and how much/often. When I told them, they said to me that they don't assist patients with a habit exceeding 30mg of oxy per day! 30!!!! Thats one pill. But they'll help heroin addicts that do between 0-3g on the daily. I dont understand this at all, but i called my local hospital about oxy detox and my insurance doesnt cover it. The lady on the phone also informed me that no detox center in my county is going to help me with a habit exceeding 30mg.
I understand that oxycodone has a half life of 12 hours? I was wondering how often and what rate does oxycodone leave the system? I'm assuming I'm going to get urine tested and what I don't want is them to see that my body has more than 30mg. Because then they will not help me. The obvious idea would be to taper off or switch addictions until I get in on September 2nd. But to taper off is almost impossible as most of us know and I'm unwilling to switch to h.
Can someone explain to me what rate oxy leaves the system and maybe some advice on this situation?
Thank you in advance...

You should not have to switch to heroin in order to get into detox. We don't allow drug testing discussion but hang in there until September 2. I would call different places and tell them you take opiates, anything you can get your hands on. I'm not telling you to lie but what that lady told you makes no sense. There is a chart in this thread that explains general half-lives:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/795040-UA-Facts-Questions-Answers

UDS even down to the gcms level can't tell them how man mgs of oxycodone you took, just the level in your body. Different people metabolize drugs at different rates. I work in this industry. I've seen people take 80mg oxy and test NEGATIVE for opiates and others have high levels on 10mg oxy. Take calderones advice. Call back on 02 sept and just say you use different drugs and you'll test (presumably) positive for oxy and be fine. The only concern would be that your comfort meds would be based on you taking 30mg oxy so detox will be hard but it will be a good reminder to stay sober in the future

Calderone, sorry for breaking a rule already... my bad. As for what she told me, yeah, I know it makes absolutely no sense. Unfortunately this is what they've told me. I've called three detox centers and two hospitals. What they told me is that their success rate with handling oxycodone patients and detoxing them has been very unsuccessful. The way they get patients off this med is tapering them off. They wouldn't disclose much to me but this what they all said. I don't understand this since I presume heroin is much stronger. Thank you for your response. I'll definitely take your advice and hope for the best!

Flyingpertyhigh, thank you for that! That makes me feel a lot better about the situation, honestly. Thank you for your response as well.

I really appreciate it, thank you!!