Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Advice needed, just been subscribed xanax

Trixter

Bluelighter
EDIT... just re-read that... should be prescribed....... anyway....

hey everyone..

recently ive been having some real anxiety problems.. havent eaten cos i cant swallow my mouth is so dry i freak out every time i try to eat and i cant swallow it..

i have been drinking more than usual lately.. every night during the week.. 3 out for 7 nights a week i write myself off..

im a pretty normal 26 year old girl.. full time job, good home life, friends are great... maybe going through some i dont know who i am sexuality wise but ive been going through that for a while it hasnt really bothered me in the past. i have recently come out to my sisters but that has been more a relief than something to give me anxiety.

i have had over my year abused alot of things over the years, nothing more that chuff, e's and speed.. never got into anything else...

so my docs given me xanax i dont know whether its gonna be a good thing or bad thing for me.. i do still love my drugs.. like i know it sounds cliche, but i do think i have an 'addictive personality'... hmmm makes me question myself and whether i should be on these to calm my anxiety.

it has been very bad lately, cant speak sometimes i freak out on the smallest situations... sometimes i freak myself out so much i feel like im not getting enough air and im going to pass out or die.. i know this must sound weird but i hope someone out there is knowing what im saying..

i havent eaten anything in a few day just of pure fear that i cant swallow it, every time i goto eat i freak it out more and its like there is no spit in my mouth and i cant do it... weird i know but now everytime i goto eat the anxiety is there and it starts all over again..

ive ony been given 250microgram Xanax.. my doc has told me if it gets bad its ok to take two... this has been my family doctor for years and i trust her and i know shes not a doctor that would give me somthing without knowing it would be the best for me im just worried it all my get to me and i may become addicted to them.

its like an endless circle of worry in my head but i hope that anyone of u guys have been through something like this and kind of dont know what to do im just sick of my head racing about everything i just need to calm down and not worry but im sick of being nervey and i dont know whether its a good thing or bad thing that im starting..

thats guys i only write here cos i know people understand cos sometimes my friends just dont.

love u all
Nikki

Last edited:
that's the dose i get. it's really safe, don't worry. take it as soon as you feel things spiraling out of controll, into that endless whirpool of doom. Just be weary of a tolerance and don't overuse - only take it when you're seriously worried that you may lose control.
:)

It sounds like xanax would be really helpfull to your situation. 250 is a small dose and if you just use it when you need to it can be quite helpfull. Try not to take them everyday or your body and brain gets used to them and you may feel strange if you stop once doing this. On the lighter side of the situation xanax is great to crush up with valium and rack with your friends when your partying. Good luck:)

nuh-uh. don't snort it. firstly, you shouldn't snort anything with pill filler unless you want to end up with a one giant nostril. Second, i've read that valium and xanax dont even work well when snorted. Most importantly, though, seems like youre worried you may become addicted, and not looking for fun recreational ways to use it. Dont give it away, its not a party drug, it can be a crutch to hold you up to sanity, but if you misuse it, you will become dependent and need a higher dose. :\
good luck.

Sorry bout that snorting comment. disregard it. Its just something my friends like to do when theres no other drugs left. But seeing as your not taking other drugs anymore just follow the advice on the above post. They said what i was trying to say but................well yeah, dont snort dont use socially just use to help you through.............Dr gooberstein signing off. peace

In my opinion xanax and any other benzos make anxiety much worse in the long run. They are extremely addictive and tolerance increases fast. You should take them as sparingly as possible and look into other ways like exercise, diet, meditation etc to help anxiety, and just use xanax when absolutely neccesary.

I've had anxiety most my life and being prescribed xanax only made it worse. The solution is learning for yourself how to deal with the anxiety, no pill is going to cure it, only mask it and make it harder when you aren't on xanax.

Dry mouth, Can't swallow, Drinking more waterr thyan usual. Did your doctor do a test for diabetes is the first thing that comes to mind.

the rest sounds like a typical panic disorder. The advice i give worked for me and might not work for everyone.

First things first is, i stopped taking pills cause, i'd get these attacks three and a half days after a session. And that was it, unfortunatly i picked up a rather "fun" benzo addiction which started three years ago and i've found a touch harder to stop than the panic attacks.

Its the scariest thing wheen you have your first cause the sense of impending doom is indiscribable. I really feel for you but by asking for help you are on the way.

I don't thinking drinking makes it worse but writing yourself off is not healthy, bad for brain,gut,kidneys,liver etc. and you might need them later in life. Good luck i hope my advice is helpful.

I love snorting benzos, but only stick to railing clonazepam, triazolam and sometimes temazepam (if its mixed with another benzo like triazolam)..Found temazepam to be a bit weak but then again not as crap as midazolam. LOL to the benzo family.. Try not to keep it to a daily habit though, it can really mess your mind up after a while of abuse!!

I know it sounds cliched but healthy body, healthy mind. Do exercise, it seriously works wonders. You can give yourself a natural high that is awesome and it's a constant 24 hour thing because it will reflect into other areas of your life. And I'm not sure how often you use drugs but it might be beneficial to take a month off and see if your anxiety eases at all.

There are heaps of ways to deal with anxiety without using medication. I'm not saying meds are bad, I actually think they are extremely beneficial in most cases. But sometimes changing small things in life (start at gym etc) can actually really help you and before you now it you are feeling better and are happier.

I think it would be beneficial to you to take a step back from your current lifestyle and look at things that cause you stress and anxiety and figure out why they do this. I think a counsellor or psychologist would be fantastic in this situation. You'd be surprised how much talking to someone who is objective to your situation can help.

I suffer from slight anxiety (it has been worse in the past) and I can relate when you say thoughts are racing through your head and it just keeps going and keeps going. In this situation maybe xanax would be really helpful.

Anyway, that is my two cents. Good luck...

HI everyone thanks for all your replies it is really appreciated...

just an update for you, had a blood test whilst at the doctor seemed my liver function test failed... hitting the bottle i think has finally caught up to me. Had a ultrasound today get the results back monday..

my doc has told me the best advice i think i needed to hear, get off the booze and it has played such a big part in my life, its always been there when I needed it and having to get rid of it out of my life is a daunting thought but now my drinking is affecting not just my friendships, its affecting my health too..

i think my anxiety is alcohol derived... i kind have always known ive had an alcohol problem but never wanted to admit it or wanted to deal with.. I've tried to stop many times but as all alcoholics think, they stop for a while, then think they can handle it again and get back on it.. this has been a constant cycle my whole life and I'm a young woman (27 this saturday :) and my body is finally telling me enoughs enough.

I'm trying to look at this postively.. My anxiety hasn't been too bad the last couple days.. been just on the one 250microgram per day and I've have none of the symptoms that I was having and I'm just concentrating on my breathing and trying to relax! booked myself in for a massage and treat myself a little bit..

anyways thanks heaps for all your replies i appreciate it alot oxoxoxox :)

Just set some goals, aims, challenges, and sense of direction to keep your mind off usual things that worries you, it's all about taking one step a time, the world is a big playground for you to explore.

I know and been there, but wasn't on these medications, just I "abused" a lot of substances in the past.

I am nearly 28 years old, and the world is interesting place once you have laid off the substances and your personal issues of worries, I learnt the hard way, it's all part of growing up and it's part of life, we all need to go through tough times to make us bit stronger.

Explore the world that earth has heaps to offer for you. ;)

Goodluck Nikki :)

I know it's cliched but the first step is always to face up to the fact that a problem exists, whether it's goon or anything else.

All the best with things.

what was your levels in your LFT ? was your billirbum over 45?