• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Advice needed for chronic and acute pain and opioid addiction

Jay123$

Bluelighter
Hey everyone , just after some advice for my opioid addiction . Just to give you background on me have a history of drug abuse and addiction since 15 , started using smack and speed 18 shooting up went hard till 25 them settled down with a girl had kids great Job house ect and totally stopped using iv until 39 . When I was 37 I found out I have a very rare type of benign brain tumour . Naturally I was totally gutted , my life feel apart . Missus left , couldn’t work because of pain so lost job , I was prescribed oxycodone for a few years due to chronic pain in neck back of head area which was a godsend .
After this I got put on hydromorphone , which seemed great at the time . One day I thought I wonder what there like to shoot up , and that’s where it all started . It was absolutely fantastic . I was on top of the world . Not a care , didn’t worry about tumour and pain was non exsistent.
A couple of years later , and still shooting up dilaudid like 3 times a day , most days but a lot of it is now just to feel normal . My arms are pretty fucked from the thousands of shoots .
I would like to stop , but just can’t and don’t know what to replace the hydromorphone with . I have tried Bupe , and just didn’t kill the chronic pain off . Maybe I didn’t have enough ? . The other issue is if I get put on methadone or Bupe what do I use for acute pain attacks that I have which are really bad ? If I use Bupe or methadone it blocks other opioids from working for pain relief , but will get me off needles and not withdrawing .
No doubt there are others in this situation, and I am not sure what the answer is , or if there is one cause I am pretty knowledgeable with drugs

So sorry for what you have been going through! I have no help with your situation, never made the jump to IV ROA .
just a bump here for more knowledgeable people here to help

Cheers , I am pretty well clued up , and it is a really tough one to manage acute pain and drug abuse but appreciate your input .
The clinics will want to put me on methadone or Bupe to manage the drug abuse , but then what is to be done about the pain issues . I genuinely need opiates , but have a history of drug abuse . Dr has asked me if I’m shooting up , I just deny it . Part of me thinks I could be dead from tumour in a few years who knows , so fuck it just shoot up as much as I want but that might kill me off quicker than the tumour

Not so sure Western medicine has a holistic answer to pain like this outside cannabis they prescribe it for opiate addiction where I am too

Eastern healing arts have cured people I knew of serious health problems causing a lot of pain without drugs just the arts and herbal medicine

Cheers , I am pretty well clued up , and it is a really tough one to manage acute pain and drug abuse but appreciate your input .
The clinics will want to put me on methadone or Bupe to manage the drug abuse , but then what is to be done about the pain issues . I genuinely need opiates , but have a history of drug abuse . Dr has asked me if I’m shooting up , I just deny it . Part of me thinks I could be dead from tumour in a few years who knows , so fuck it just shoot up as much as I want but that might kill me off quicker than the tumour
" Your arms are fucked up from thousands of shots". Your Dr. doesn't ask to look at them? Consider yourself lucky. A friend of mine a few years ago was in a pain clinic. He got vicodin. He whined they weren't good enough and got Dilaudid. He took them orally for a few days and then started shooting them. He did this for 6 months until his Dr. got wise. Dr. Put him on subutex and he shot that too. Dr. said I am trying to help you here but you can't keep shooting all the drugs I prescribe for you. He didn't listen so he got cut off. He switched to heroin which was all fent here by now and OD'd and died.

Someday the Dr. might ask you to roll up your sleeves. Then where will you be ? Many people on here would give their left tit just for some codeine that they could pop in their MOUTH. The climate in the US sucks for people right now. Why do you think the RC scene exploded? Consider yourself VERY lucky you even get pain meds . Try and be satisfied with some oral ( or rectum ) doses so you might be a lucky pain patient and get to KEEP your script.

" Your arms are fucked up from thousands of shots". Your Dr. doesn't ask to look at them? Consider yourself lucky. A friend of mine a few years ago was in a pain clinic. He got vicodin. He whined they weren't good enough and got Dilaudid. He took them orally for a few days and then started shooting them. He did this for 6 months until his Dr. got wise. Dr. Put him on subutex and he shot that too. Dr. said I am trying to help you here but you can't keep shooting all the drugs I prescribe for you. He didn't listen so he got cut off. He switched to heroin which was all fent here by now and OD'd and died.

Someday the Dr. might ask you to roll up your sleeves. Then where will you be ? Many people on here would give their left tit just for some codeine that they could pop in their MOUTH. The climate in the US sucks for people right now. Why do you think the RC scene exploded? Consider yourself VERY lucky you even get pain meds . Try and be satisfied with some oral ( or rectum ) doses so you might be a lucky pain patient and get to KEEP your script.
Yeah they have checked my arms before , but I just say it’s old marks when I did drugs when I was 18 or 20 . People are pretty naive and don’t really know in my experience , so no probs there . I might give the pugging a go , never done that before and it should work ok I imagine . I don’t think anyone would give their tit for some codeine lol 😂, you could buy it over the counter here until bout 2 years ago . It’s a dirty shitty painkiller , that doesn’t do much . Great for diarrhoea and coughing but . Thanks for your feedback cheers

Not so sure Western medicine has a holistic answer to pain like this outside cannabis they prescribe it for opiate addiction where I am too

Eastern healing arts have cured people I knew of serious health problems causing a lot of pain without drugs just the arts and herbal medicine
Yeah smoking pot is great for pain , they drug test me so it would have to be pot , or the opiates . Going back to smoking heaps of cones could be the way to go but . I’m not into arts or herbs , I have tried it in the past and didn’t do much of anything

My advice to you is to find the core reason you feel the way you feel. Don't overlook it and assume that it's too obvious to examine. Everyone is complex. Every puzzle can be solved.

My advice to you is: listen to your heart.

Try to understand why you use.

It has taken me decades.

But, it is worth it.

Yeah they have checked my arms before , but I just say it’s old marks when I did drugs when I was 18 or 20 . People are pretty naive and don’t really know in my experience , so no probs there . I might give the pugging a go , never done that before and it should work ok I imagine . I don’t think anyone would give their tit for some codeine lol 😂, you could buy it over the counter here until bout 2 years ago . It’s a dirty shitty painkiller , that doesn’t do much . Great for diarrhoea and coughing but . Thanks for your feedback cheers
You would be surprised the amount of people that would indeed give their left tit for some codeine. Hard opie users think codeine is baby aspirin, and that's fine. There are others that think codeine works very well for pain. But if we messed around and didn't comply with the pain management protocol we got dismissed and were labeled an abuser. And then Good luck getting anything again ....ever. If you think it is a dirty, shitty pain killer, that's fine. I happen to think it is very effective. Is an oxy better? Well, of course it is. The high is certainly better. But oxy doesn't control pain any better than codeine. Not from a pharmacological viewpoint anyway.

Main thing is just be thankful you get pain meds. Many people on here are stuck with ibuprofen and Aleve. And sometimes those don't offer enough relief. So they have to go to RC's and God forbid the streets for dirty fent to get some relief. I mucked about and got dismissed from pain management about 5 years ago and the health care system here has had my number for awhile. Unless I suffer a horrible injury I will never get a script again. Which is actually good as I would just abuse it anyway. So in reality my mucking about and not complying actually got me clean. If you don't have a Dr. feeding it to you monthly and you don't want to give your hard earned money to shady dealers well what you get is recovery in a nutshell. Kind of a forced recovery but what the hell, I'll take it.

And if your Dr. thinks those are old marks and you say you shoot every day well your Dr. is an idiot and just doesn't care. Anybody can tell fresh from old track marks. But that's ok. We all see what we want to see.

Yeah they were suspicious at one point , but I am a convincing liar . I live in a country town so they would not have come across it I am quite sure . I also am very good with a concealer to cover remarks or anything suspicious . Should have been a make up artist lol

My advice to you is to find the core reason you feel the way you feel. Don't overlook it and assume that it's too obvious to examine. Everyone is complex. Every puzzle can be solved.

My advice to you is: listen to your heart.

Try to understand why you use.

It has taken me decades.

But, it is worth it.
Hello yeah man . I use cause of pain but also cause I'm unhappy . Failed marriage , failed 15 year relationship and I'm not used to being single . I love having someone to share my life with , and to be honest lonely at moment and bored so I use drugs more than I have to , to be happy cause everything is just peachy on good stuff