Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Advice needed, City-bay fun run and amphetamine

Teddles

Bluelighter
This sunday I'm doing my bit for my work and competing in a 12km fun-run. I am very fit and have been training for several weeks and will have no problem doing distance in around an hour. My question is; If i was to load up on amphetamine before hand or during the race would it increase my performance over that longer distance or just hasten my de-hydration making me want to urinate more and cause me to burn out earlier?

I train with a Polar heart rate monitor which would alert me to any dangerous HB changes, will hydrate days before hand, load on carbs the night before and have a protein shake and multi-vitimin in the morning. Also gonna crank some hard trance from iPod to keep me Cranked all race.

Any ideas or anyone done similar?

Although I haven't had experience I imagine it would be very easy to push yourself too hard and end up injuring yourself. Besides its a fun run, I can't understand why you would even consider taking amps a good idea.

running like that on speed will put you heart into overload mate ... DO NOT DO !!!

also if you over 28 then heart stress would be experienced .

rogan said:
Although I haven't had experience I imagine it would be very easy to push yourself too hard and end up injuring yourself. Besides its a fun run, I can't understand why you would even consider taking amps a good idea.

bingo. a time and a place.

if you are that fit y would you consider it mate. Dont roll the dice there is no point man.

could you imagine collapsing in the middle of the run and getting rushed to hospital because of some complication from the amp. bye bye job over a fun run, Is it really worth the risk?

DA_pronga said:
if you are that fit y would you consider it mate. Dont roll the dice there is no point man.

!!! + 1

Don't do it!

Liltoker said:
could you imagine collapsing in the middle of the run and getting rushed to hospital because of some complication from the amp. bye bye job over a fun run, Is it really worth the risk?

+1 here

It's not work risking so much over.

I see no problems with it. (Obviously not the best idea in terms of HR)

If you were however taking it for performance enhancing effects, you would be much better off taking ephedrine, or pseudo-ephedrine.

Funny question though! I am assuming you were planning on a bender the night before?

Awe heck, even stash 1 or 2 of the tiny, 1-short liquor bottles on your person. I always seem to run well when drinking. Pound them over the last few km. Make this fun-run epic!

Had a bit of fun on the old ice last night.
Went for a run home at 6 in the morning.
Figured I may aswell with all that energy, ran about a km back to my house and then realised when I got there that I could hardly breathe and my chest hurt from my heart beating so fast.
So yeah wouldn't advise on it, you'll run til you drop and not notice that your body is screwed.

Jakeperson said:
Figured I may aswell with all that energy, ran about a km back to my house and then realised when I got there that I could hardly breathe and my chest hurt from my heart beating so fast.

It's a common misconception I think that stimulants somehow provide for physical stimulation as much as mental. Unless you're Gary Ablett, there's a good chance you'll perform a lot worse in sports on any drug ;)

I'm kinda glad I asked. The plan was to have a a bit more Fun with colleagues and really muck around than to " Cheat in a fun run " if its possible? we have all decided to adopt the team idea of we're only as fast as the slowest team member. Thats why i figured i let it go and have some fun, only me and one other girl have actully completed the run before in the last several years.

I put it out there cause i remember being in certain situations ie. four day dance festivals not eating or sleeping for days and still having the staminer off being on the first day.

Thanks everyone for your advice. (will do it with a beer in my hand instead ;)

Good idea.

Maybe look at getting yourself some N+ for after the race.

That will at least help with the sore muscles :)

(from: http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/methamphetamine/methh.htm)

"At the 1952 Oslo Winter Olympics reportedly several speed skaters who had been taking amphetamines needed medical assistance. As others have remarked, this gave a whole new meaning to the expression "speed skating". However, at the 1960 Olympics held in Rome, the Danish cyclist Kurt Jensen collapsed and died of a heart attack from an amphetamine overdose, whilst on 13th July 1967 Tom Simpson, 1965 World Champion and the first Briton to wear the famous yellow jersey, collapsed from heat exhaustion on Mont Ventoux during the Tour De France. "Put me back on my bike," were his last words before he tried to continue. A short distance later he collapsed and was taken to hospital by helicopter. Three hours later he was dead from heart failure. They found amphetamines in his jersey. Amphetamines allowed him to go beyond his pain threshold, but they also caused blood to flow away from the skin and thus increased the risk of heat stroke."

Pretty sure there's some much more recent cases of this, this was my first find...

I assume dancing, even though it's good exercise, would be far less strain on the cardio system and muscles than running.

There was a thread on BL a while ago started by a guy that used to shoot meth for days on end sitting in his apartment and lifting weights...

Anyway, probably a good thing you decided not to do it!! Enjoy the run though!

I'm__Broken__ said:
There was a thread on BL a while ago started by a guy that used to shoot meth for days on end sitting in his apartment and lifting weights...
What would be the fudging point of that? You wouldn't make any progress.