• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Advice for the comedown...

DrUgMeSaNe

Bluelighter
Any tips or tricks that you personally use that aid with the comedown of ur DOC? Please share!
Last night i ate/snorted 150mgs dexedrine in 4 hours. Im a 17 year old female, 5'6", 125 lbs. I have a slight tolerance to d-amp. It was the highest dosage ive ever used of any amphetamine. Last night was really good. Today i feel like TOTAL shit.

Any advice?

DrUgMeSaNe said:
do you know of anything that would reduce nausea?

hmmm....no....definately not....thats a hard one. oh, wait, wait...i think i might....
26.gif

LOL ;) :D

benzo's and alcohol, Mostly benzo's though as alcohol dehydrates you...

A lot of water and food too.

Definitely eat, if you dont have anything you have to do today smoke some herb, that'll help. Try and relax in whatever way you normally do.

Weed.
Benzos.
Food - homemade soup goes well, easy to put down.
Opiates.
Hot shower/bath.

I drink lots of water, curl up in bed and cry. I avoid people because I end up being nasty to them. Sometimes I drink booze but rarely.

Also, sex is great if it's available.

codeine and alcohol 4 me - and 4 nausea (i neva get this from speed, its always made me hungry as fuck 2 comedown but i had it coming off weed), u wud either b best 2 smoke sum weed, drink sum chamomile tea or sum fizzy lemonade or theres a pill i got prescribed 4 awhile 4 nausea called maxillon thats quite helpful......also magnesium, which ur body loses wen u take amphetamines, is a gd supplement 4 increasing appetite and relaxing u

Do not take baths or showers while high or coming down from stimulants, as this is a very serious health risk. I'm suprised no one caught this.

For the same reasons, avoid saunas and hot tubs as well.

^^

Elaborate? The same reasons? I assume you're talking about dehydration. Or falling over in the shower/drowning in the bath.

But seriously... I mean, I make a habit of staying hydrated at night, and have hit the shower/bath/hot tub pretty much every single recovery session I've ever had. And I'm still here.

Stimulants raise your heart rate. If you take a hot shower, go in a hot tub, et cetera, your heart rate goes up.

Both taking stimulants and getting in a hot tub have health risks associated with elevated heart rates. When you mix them, you can get dangerously high heart rates.

If you do happen to take a hot shower while on stimulants - or even coming down - then you are at risk of getting tachycardia, dizziness, light-headedness, headaches, irregular heart beats, and become numb in some areas.

If you raise the heart rate to even higher levels, you will faint or go unconscious. A big problem is that the tachycardia can persist for well over 12 hours, so you may end up stuck laying on the ground in the bathroom unable to move - or passed out.

It's extremely dangerous to mix hot showers/baths/et cetera and stimulants. You think you can just call 911 if things get out of hand? Think again. Because even pushing the numbers in your phone may strain you enough to make your heart rate go so high that you will pass out.

This is not something to be taken lightly. It is very serious, and it is very easy to end up doing.

Newsflash: a plague spreads across the nation as teenagers do a line of coke at a party, jump in the hot-tub, and die.

BAN HOT-TUBS BEFORE THE MADNESS SPREADS

That's the stupidest thing i've ever heard

I was in a hot tub all night once while high on stims... I agree it's not the safest thing to do because of body temperature, but I highly doubt the hot water raises your heart rate at all. Therefore, when coming down from stimulants, it should be safe.

Please show me some evidence that a hot tub will raise your heart rate.

http://www.epinions.com/content_2276106372

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml79/79071.html

Also, if you notice, you will see that any public place that has a hot tub will have a sign nearby stating that young children and old folks should avoid getting in the hot tub - as well as pregnant people and those with heart problems.

It seems that when I stated heart rate I may have been mistaken - however, blood pressure does go up. I'm no cardiologist so if someone else can explain why tachycardia occurs when you have high blood pressure or when you have high blood pressure & increased heart rate it goes even higher.

I agree it's not the safest thing to do because of body temperature

There you go. I am not saying you'll die if you do one line of coke and hope in a tub, but please be careful if you have a night of heavy stimulant use or are extremely stimulated and decide to take a hot, steamy shower.

Whatever the reasoning is, it is definately not safe.

I doubt it's too big of a concern. Personally, when I'm tweaking or skiing, getting into a hot tub or taking a hot shower/bath is not really on my To-Do list, and most of my tweaker friends are the same way.

Still, harm reduction and all, never hurts to know.