• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Advice for getting a legitimate benzodiazepine script?

The Network

Bluelighter
I get anxiety attacks and general all-day anxiety on occasion, and sometimes it seriously hinders my work/school/general happiness/whatever I'm doing at the time. I'm out of town from where my doctor I've had for several years resides currently, but I could try to set up an appointment when I'll be in town. I'd like to get a benzo prescription because I don't have time for therapy, which may or may not work anyway. I genuinely have no desire (at least right now, who can predict the future?) to abuse them, and I'd like to skip the "well let's try therapy first" crap that I know some people want. I'd love some tips from people on getting a benzo prescription. I assume the same ideas apply if you got one for "recreational" purposes, so I'm open to any good advice.

Read the Bluelight User Agreement:

Specifically, you may not:
use Bluelight in any way, shape or form for unlawful purposes, including, without limitation:
attempting to solicit, obtain sell or supply contraband substances or substances of a quasi-legal status or information on how to do so;

This includes asking for advice on how to source drugs from your doctor

Mod will close this, as mentioned it is against the rules. Sorry.

Don't be so negative about therapy. A good CBT therapist is more effective long term, even short term, than any benzo I've tried. Benzos are for use concurrent with therapy. Benzos without therapy, and prescribed for more than a month or so = dependency.

Do you have time for benzo withdrawal, which will last as long or longer than you've taken them? No? I suggest not getting into them. Yes, then go find a therapist.

Ok, close this one up...

Read the Bluelight User Agreement:

Specifically, you may not:
use Bluelight in any way, shape or form for unlawful purposes, including, without limitation:
attempting to solicit, obtain sell or supply contraband substances or substances of a quasi-legal status or information on how to do so;

This includes asking for advice on how to source drugs from your doctor

Funny coming from someone with over 2 fewer years than me on this forum. Even if I had read it when I signed up, do you think I would have remembered it?

Funny coming from someone with over 2 fewer years than me on this forum. Even if I had read it when I signed up, do you think I would have remembered it?

Hey man he's just tellin you the rules. I've seen many a thread closed for this reason. And honestly does how long someone has been a member really have that much bearing on the validity of what they're saying? Not tryin to argue here, just attempting to make a point.

^

Benzos probably cause dementia anyways. Seriously, look it up.
Actually it increases the risk of Alzheimer's 51% if used for more than two months, which is why short term benzo use can be helpful, but long term is only detrimental.

^Thanks for the backup
[Q]Funny coming from someone with over 2 fewer years than me on this forum. Even if I had read it when I signed up, do you think I would have remembered it?[/Q]
Obviously you did not, but now you know it, no reason to be rude

Aside from a topic not permitted by the TOS, don't diss therapy. Popping a pill won't do anything to identify why you feel anxiety in certain situations.

I unfortunately must echo what many others have said OP. No advice on how to acquire drugs whether your motivations are "legitimate" or not.

If you have debilitating, "round-the-clock" anxiety as you have described, then yes, you meet the some of the criteria for which benzodiazepines are commonly prescribe, but the ultimate decision is in the hands of your potential prescriber. One would think that a truly well-intentioned prescriber would try to avoid prescribing of benzodiazepines from the onset of treatment and investigate other avenues, simply due to the negative potential this class of drugs carries.

I've suffered from anxiety for most of my life and speaking purely from my own experience, benzodiazepines are just a band-aid; a quick fix; another shortcut to avoid facing the true catalyst of my anxious thinking. To confront your emotions head-on is obviously more difficult, but is infinitely more rewarding in the end; "give a man a fish vs. teach a man to fish"...

First off, I agree with what everyone else has said about being dismissive of talk therapy. I also suffer from severe anxiety and panic attacks and have a script for Ativan. I only use it when I need it. I've seen what benzo withdrawal looks like and it's the ugliest withdrawals I've seen. I have no desire to put myself through that. All it does it buy me some time and space so I can put into practice the CBT techniques I've learned from my therapist. Benzos are a means to an end, not the end in itself, IMO.

Second, you just say "your doctor." Is it a GP? I know my GP does not want to get involved in my mental health issues. You are likelier to get what you need from a psychiatrist. But telling them you want benzos so you don't have to deal with your issues is a surefire way not to get a script. It just screams "future benzo abuser."

First of all, there are 'ways' of getting a benzodiazepine script.
Thats how lots of people DO HAVE scripts for benzodiazepines.

So ya, it's against BL rules to give out that sort of information.

The best advice you can get here is that, be honest, and it's up to your psychiatrist if you legitimately 'need' a benzo script or not.
If you're anxiety is that bad, it shouldn't be too hard to get that script.

But if your just going there to try and score and lie to the doctor, your chances are nothing but slim.

man, a benzo script is like the easiest thing to get. when i was 19 i went to my family doctor to try to get a script for xanax. all i did was say a few words about feeling randomly anxious throughout the day and trouble sleeping sometimes cause of racing thoughts. immediately he said "so what do you want xanax?" lololol then he wrote me a script for 30 1mg.

next month he upped my dose, 1mg 3x daily lol so here i was this 19 year old kid getting prescribed 90mg of xanax monthly for a dollar copay at CVS while all the other suckers were paying 5, 6, 7 even 8 dollars for 2mg from some douche at a party. sometimes they werent even real xanax they were those pressed bullshits.

Go see a shrink. If you really have a problem, they will know. By the way anyone who views this. A psych doc usually can read you like a book. That is the only reason I'm suggesting them. If you really have a problem, they can help.^^^ WE DON'T TELL PEOPLE HOW TO SCAM A DOCTOR.