• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

ADVERSE EFFECT FROM VAPING OG KUSH WAX

psychlo0015

Bluelighter
First off i'll mention... I'm on risperidone, lithium, lexepro, and buspar for schizoaffective disorder. been on for about 2 years. (ALSO I VAPE NICOTINE EJUICE REGULARLY FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS HEAVY)

I've been eating and smoking weed since 8/3/2019 with little to no problems....

SO yesterday my YOCAN MAGNETO arrived. I've been excited to use it since I've been some what struggling with this cheapo vape pen I got from the smoke shop.

I load up the miracle b coil with the same that I use in the cheapo pen. I get a pretty good effect things working fine.

A few hours later I put a little glob in the new magneto miracle b again. I feel like I missed the coil so I add another glob. I feel good and fine! happy that I got this coil.

I rip it and it rips really hard like It actually makes me cough hard from the wax in my lungs... like 60 seconds go by and I start to have trouble breathing... I've experienced this before only about 5x worse last time but that was like 10 years ago and I was pretty sure it was cause by benzene being misted on the weed I was smoking (ten years ago).

SO I start feeling numb in my lungs and throat and mouth. I cant feel myself breathing and I feel my vision kinda faking out. Its already dark but my vision was a little harder to see once in a while... I immediately stand up because it feels like I've been poisoned and that I might die I check for my phone in my pocket and go out in the living room to go out back to walk in circles... That's how I stayed alive last time (I walked in a small circle for about 5 minutes).

I walked in a circle for about 60 seconds then I went back inside and sat down. I tried to keep my mind active so I did some simple tasks.

Eventually regular lung feelings came back periodically. It was pretty clear that the numb lungs, throat, and mouth were coming and going in waves at this point so I knew it was wearing off (JUST like the last time which was 5x worse 10 years ago).

So I looked p my symptoms as soon as I felt like I was in the clear and it looks like its some kind of loss of blood pressure. Some people go blind after smoking weed it was similar to that but yeah... NOT SURE ABOUT MY LUNGS maybe my lungs are pretty messed up and when I vape extracts I clog up my lungs so I cant breath... Anyone know what caused it? like I said I took maybe 2-3 my normal medicinal dose all at once.

Well yeah: you were inhaling WAX particles. You'll be fine but seriously don't do that again it'll really fuck up your lung. You don't want wax particles cooling down and hardening again in your lungs do you? Also smoking wax is a great way to get aspiration pneumonia.

would cooling the vapor in a water bong help to remove some of the wax? Should I winterize my extracts so there is less wax in it? or should I just go back to strictly edibles.

this experience was caused by inhaling OG KUSH WAX from the weed store but 10 years ago the absolute worse experience (literally felt like I was breathing pure nitrogen) was from weed bought off the street

My guess is it's off-gassing from coil being dry hit, as in order for it to be benzene I'm pretty sure you'd have to have a heavily pesticide contaminated product to produce that kind of reaction. Also, being that the same extract didn't produce the same reaction when landing on the coil, I'm doubtful it's benzene.

Look at the other thread here, called vaping lung epidemic. Many are starting to think it's related to cheap hardware, and a certain kind of silver producing cadmium resulting in caustic lung injury. I'm not sure it even has to be cheap hardware, as it's not uncommon practice to coat the coils in production to prevent oxidation, although I'm told this is less common- however with the vape industry booming in china, there will be(are) all sorts of fly by the night manufactures popping up, many producing counterfeit products.

If symptoms persist more than an hour or two, I might consider getting medical attention, if they persist longer than 12, I would definitely get medical attention. Difficulty breathing, fatigue, and coughing are some of the common ones.

dude that's exactly what was running through my mind... I was like F I done got myself that lung disease im going to die. I thought my wax was mixed with vitamin E acetate. No the extract doesn't have any benzene in it. The only reason I thought that my weed ten years ago had benzene on it was because when you held it to a flame it would light on fire also when you touched it the residue would irritate and redden the skin. After much investigating benzene inhalation fit the profile pretty well. BUT this time it doesn't seem to have any irritation properties so yeah maybe it could be the coil who knows. I did hit it at the highest heat setting so... maybe it was simply the heat of the vapor as it hit my lungs. Also I didn't fire it up at all before I put on my dab so...

Last edited:
I rigged up the new YOKAN MAGNETO to the bubbler to cool off the smoke and also be able to see the vapor and it seems to work fine... I think my main issue is that I took to much at once and it was to hot... I will report back if I EVER get these effects again... but for right now I feel fine and dandy... like it didn't even happen (except for the fear of over dosing again) thanks for the really good replies you guys wow I feel so much better.

Ok back again... I got the feeling again from the coil... its happening as I type this... and I had a thought I would like to put out there relating to this lung disease epidemic... Ill start with that.

I hit the new coil again... it rips like no other I took barely any vapor off of the dab I put in and the flavor was amazing better than a dab rig... I go to take the dog on a walk thinking everything is all good... I'm getting cotton mouth and vaping on my nicotine vaporizer... I start getting the numb chest and hard to breath feeling... It's subtle but gets worse the more I vape on the nicotine ejuice. So I stop vaping the nicotine ejuice and the breathing problems stopped getting stronger. The breathing problems begin to fade away and as I type this I can tell you that I feel the same way I did last night after it wore off.

So... I'm not quite entirely sure how to word this so...

I'm using a 10x better vaping coil so I'm being exposed to higher doses of THC than I'm used to. WHICH in turn leads to STRONGER cotton mouth. I believe that some how this dryness of the mouth also correlates to the dryness of the lungs... Essentially during this time period the lungs are unable to do what ever it is that they do to get rid of e-juice (PEG VG) they cannot do during this extreme cotton mouth period and thus when you breath in the e-juice you're actually suffocating yourself. Does that make any sense?

But also the idea that this metal coil is some how catalyzing this chemically is also intriguing.

I'm going to back off of this coil for a while... its to strong. I want to quit vaping too.

EDIT!

Ok so I want to quit vaping now because I think the only reason I'm experiencing this in the first place is because I've been vaping for 5 years and it must have done something to my lungs.

ALSO!

I forgot to mention that I wasn't really vaping after I hit the wax vaporizer... So I woke up and used the nicotine vape tank all morning and then I decided to take a rip from the new miracle b coil... I have to reduce my box mod to 15 watts from 50watts when I want to use the miracle b. after I took the rip I forgot to set it back to 50 watts so i could vape the nicotine e-juice so I wasn't really hitting it only a very small amount.

So maybe the wax is kinda sealing in the ejuice? and then the lungs are drying out? I did take less in than I did yesterday which probably... Ok so I think it comes down to this new coil being super efficient, 5 years of vaping e juice.

Maybe its the lungs getting inflamed from the wax coming out of this coil... Like Mafioso said it could be some crap on the coil causing it. Only way to find out is to switch back to my cheapy vape pen from the smoke shop which for all intensive purposes has been working perfectly fine with absolutely NO ill effects... I've hit this magneto two times and now its time to not hit it anymore and go back to the old one to see if it remains the same.

Last edited:
I think it's definitely a direct result of the coil I ordered HECKA cheap from a cheap as dirt asia based website. Probably knock offs but maybe not. I don't know but all I can say is I got this effect ONLY from this new coil and no other. I have dabbed this wax from a banger and from a cheap dab pen from smoke shop and never had the effect of not being able to absorb oxygen from the air.

All Yocan pens have an anti-counterfeit label so you always know if you have a knock off or not.

I hit the new coil again... it rips like no other I took barely any vapor off of the dab I put in and the flavor was amazing better than a dab rig... I go to take the dog on a walk thinking everything is all good... I'm getting cotton mouth and vaping on my nicotine vaporizer... I start getting the numb chest and hard to breath feeling... It's subtle but gets worse the more I vape on the nicotine ejuice. So I stop vaping the nicotine ejuice and the breathing problems stopped getting stronger. The breathing problems begin to fade away and as I 1

If your chest pains/issues were getting worse when you were ripping nicotine (vasoconstrictor) consider getting a cardiac aesssment even if for shits n giggles.

Tom

It's definitely my lungs... I'm pretty sure the YOCAN was real. I just gave it away because I can't use it without being unable to breath. Im still vaping on this weaker cheap vape pen and I feel great and healthy. When I hit that thing though its like death is about to syth me. I gave it to my sister... She doesn't vape nicotine.

There are almost limitless variables in this current situation. That is why the finger was first pointed at vit E acetate, with almost complete confidence, but now that tissue samples do not reflect lipid pneumonia, cutters are looking less like the culprit- or at least not the only part of the problem. With loose regulations, and people making their own mixes and modding their rigs, it's basically like a chemistry in vivo experiment on yourself.

Also, wouldn't be so sure of anti-counterfeiting measures like holographic labels and what not, as it's a rampant problem in the legal CA cannabis industry, and one has yet to provide something cost effective that can't be easily mimicked by another Chinese manufacture due to lack of IP laws.

I believe I already posted this link in another thread, but this risk isn't just limited to cannabis vapes :

it could be, THC increases heart rate, among other things...

Idk if I mentioned it takes something like 5-7 days for it to onset I believe if it is this mysterious lung illness now called VAPID

that's it though for realllllllllz no more vaping of any kind. no more smoking of any kind. fuck anything that goes into my lungs...

edibles and sublingual dosing. You can also use suppositories' of activated thc… tho that might not be convineint or enjoyable i'd imagine.

I think sublingual dosing might be a decent alternative.. I prefer vaping/smoking because of the instant release, so having to wait 45-1hr for the effects is less preferred, but sublingual and rectally both bypass first pass metabolism so should enter directly into the bloodstream, similar to how inhaling THC is absorbed into the bloodstream through the lungs, bypassing first pass metabolism.

If you do a tincture, you can just put some goofy herbal label on it and people will jus assume you are a quack. I'm considering switching to non-inhalation methods becauase my lungs aren't happy, but tbh none of the seem as enjoyable... def not the suppository lol

Also, wouldn't be so sure of anti-counterfeiting measures like holographic labels and what not, as it's a rampant problem in the legal CA cannabis industry, and one has yet to provide something cost effective that can't be easily mimicked by another Chinese manufacture due to lack of IP laws.
In order to mimic unique ID numbers you'd need to hack the company's server and then somehow only use the unused ID numbers.

How is this at all related to issues you are having in CA?

Well right now I'm not sure if it's anxiety or flu like symptoms... I'm really scared that I got the illness... I'm freaking done with vaping though. I'm currently taking nicotine gum. I put up my vaporizers and extracts. Basically quitting completely cold turkey except for the nicotine gum. I woke up today feeling great but as soon as my mind started thinking I started to freak out a little not sure if this is the illness or just anxiety like I said. my breathing feels fine there is no wheezing but something still doesn't feel right. I think I might be right on the verge of getting the illness or something it might be manifesting like you said Mafioso. So... you said I have like a week left to live right? so I just have to hang in for 7 days and see if I can make it out of this without getting hooked up to ventilators in the hospital.

Would also like to add that I've found the exact symptoms I was experiencing. It's called "fluid in the lungs". I underlined the symptoms I know I had the rest I don't know if I experienced or not.

• The feeling of drowning or suffocating
  • Dangerous shortness of breath or/and trouble breathing
  • Anxiety, sense of apprehension, or restlessness
  • Gasping or wheezing for breath
  • Excessive coughing which creates frothy sputum and can be blood tinged
  • Pale skin
  • Excessive sweating
  • Chest pain, especially when the fluid in the lungs is causing cardiac problems
  • Irregular, rapid heartbeats known as palpitations