• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

adrenal fatigue awareness for ecstasy users

the machine.. you're ignorant.
and we don't need sick people. More active people means more money spent, It just wouldn't be spent on drug companies who are already loaded with cash.

oh and as far as the cancer thing goes, once you already have cancer that's different. And changing your diet then is too late. (not saying that it wouldn't help a lot) I think what iris is saying is that you can prevent yourself from ever getting it by the right diet. Because as far as I know, cancer is the result of years of bad health that turn on many different negative genes that result in cancer. No I don't have a link or anything to that, it's just what i read, but don't remember where.

And another thing machine, there was an article in my newspaper the other day how many young kids are diagnosing themselves through the internet and were actually MORE accurate and right then doctors... Doctors aren't fucking gods.
I mean seriously when I went to the doctor and I was telling her my symptoms she had a fucking program that had various symptoms listed and as I would tell her what I was feeling she would check the boxes and then submit to see what the program would tell her... Like really??
The internet is full of tons of information, you can find out what is wrong with you if you search around enough and look for credible sources. A doctor takes a few moments with you, you have all the time in the world and an infinite amount of information at your fingertips.

anyways

if you get hydrocort cream from the store, if you feel better after taking it, try to find a legitimate way to get it prescribed, cuz idk if it's healthy to eat cream haha.

and there's a whole book about how well low dose hydrocortisone can be very beneficial There's a book by a doctor called "the safe uses of cortisol". He treats many conditions with prescribing low doses of cortisol,
and a summary of it here:
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/safe-uses/

I quote from the Mayo Clinic website, if you havent heard of it look it up it is one of the leading medical institutions in the country:

"It's frustrating to have persistent symptoms your doctor can't readily explain. But accepting a medically unrecognized diagnosis from an unqualified practitioner could be worse. Unproven remedies for so-called "adrenal fatigue" may leave you feeling sicker, while the real cause — such as depression or fibromyalgia — continues to take its toll."
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/adrenal-fatigue/AN01583

this is a spectacular conclusion, no more doctors everrrr!!! OP is giving very dangerous advice

lmao! dude many times they treat people who have fibromyalgia with cortisol... fail.

sorry but whats the point of this thread? people are just trolling/bashing each other.

its not even asking a question. like thanks for the info buttt i dont like all this fighting.

sorry but whats the point of this thread? people are just trolling/bashing each other.

its not even asking a question. like thanks for the info buttt i dont like all this fighting.

So why bother commenting to further de-rail the subject?

The only one whos confused in this thread is themachine. We are all just helping educate him is all...clearly he is very misinformed.

This thread need to be locked and swept under the bed. There's too much wrong with everything here..where to even start...

I'm not going to flame...I'm not going to flame...I'm not going to flame. *deep breath*

Western medicine is really that horrible? Most patients with cancer would beg to differ. I agree the health care system in the US is not good but stop skapegoating all of western medicine because physicians don't recognize adrenal fatigue. Most of the people on this forum are young and most are without major medical problems. Reality will set in when you actually need help. Treatment like acupuncture and herbal remedies are not enough, though, they can be an adjuvent to scientifically and clinically supported treatments.

From iris above "Eat right, sleep enough, exercise, get fresh air and sun, and stop spending all your time looking for miracle cures on internet message boards. Getting high happens in an instant, but recovery can take months or years, even if you're doing everything you possibly can." <-- so true. MDMA causes serious stress on your body... treat it with respect!

oh and as far as the cancer thing goes, once you already have cancer that's different. And changing your diet then is too late. (not saying that it wouldn't help a lot) I think what iris is saying is that you can prevent yourself from ever getting it by the right diet. Because as far as I know, cancer is the result of years of bad health that turn on many different negative genes that result in cancer. No I don't have a link or anything to that, it's just what i read, but don't remember where.

STOP handwaving, you are clearly uneducated on these subjects. The amount of misinformation in this thread is sickening. Cancer will develop much more often when one comes into frequent contact with a carcinogen but cancer is NOT EXCLUSIVELY a disease of the unhealthy. Genetics play such a huge role. I agree this thread should be closed.

Thank you mesial.

You have restored a small spec of faith for humanity in me. There really *are* people out there that don't just spew garbage they heard "as gospel" from their mother's best friend's cousin in Delaware that got the info from eavesdropping on some Buddha master in Burma talking to a sheep. - "So it MUST be true"

Ok you guys have got to stop flaming, you sound like a bunch of junior high kids fighting over how big your boner is.

The fact is, none of you have got a full eight inches, so stfu.

Fact of the matter is, NO ONE knows exactly how cancer is caused, or else we would have a prevention. But on the other hand, I'll like to challenge your thought of neglect towards euphorics statement, seeing how neither can be proven. So your saying it has nothing to do with diet huh? Then why does the world advertise eating a balanced diet, just to look good in the superficial eyes that overrun this planet? I doubt it. There's no doubt a healthy diet would assist in the prevention of cancer, not saying it's the healer, but certainly a contributor, so your both wrong.

Try living on mars bars and cheetos, then come back to me in ten years and tell me you don't have any problems.

Cancer is not exclusively a disease of the unhealthy. This means that you can eat a "perfect" diet and exercise everyday and still die of cancer at a young age.

Eating a healthy diet is important, without a doubt... but its more a factor in preventing heart disease, stroke, or diabetes which is much more likely if you are overweight.

Now that can be agreed upon, cancer is a diease of many faces, too many to paper bag that's why so many die a year because of it. There's no real way they could depict if someone ate healthier their whole life, that they wouldnt have got cancer, but ita always good to play safe.

As for the adrenal fatigue topic, I believe it's a possibility even thought it is neglected by western medicine general practitioners, even though some may be aware of it, I highly doubt they'll perscribe you hydrocortisone because you "think" you have it. The best they'll do is hook you on anti depressant for the depression part, maybe a sleeping pill and tell you to eat healthy. Which I think is a bad way to go about it, because it clearly exists..

Somedud, did you try getting hydrocortisone cream? Just try buying some at walmart and tell me how it goes.
Cuz look, the same hydrocortisone that they prescribe is in hydrocortisone cream.

i agree w/ a lot of this. these symptoms seem to fall in line with all the things that mdma abusers talk about. the brain is so complex that anyone dealing with depression and all the other negatives of mdma probably has more than just a serotonin deficiency.

nahh not yet bro, im a bit skeptical about eating cream haha what brand did you use safely? im willing to give it a shot

lololol

Hey Smartass:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortisol

Cortisol (hydrocortisone) is a steroid hormone, or glucocorticoid, produced by the adrenal gland.[1] It is released in response to stress and a low level of blood glucocorticoids. Its primary functions are to increase blood sugar through gluconeogenesis; suppress the immune system; and aid in fat, protein and carbohydrate metabolism.[2] It also decreases bone formation. During pregnancy, increased production of cortisol between weeks 30-32 initiates production of fetal lung surfactanct to promote maturation of the lungs. Various synthetic forms of cortisol are used to treat a variety of different diseases.

Factors generally reducing cortisol levels
-Magnesium supplementation decreases serum cortisol levels after aerobic exercise,[55][56] but not after resistance training[57]
-Omega 3 fatty acids have a dose-dependent effect [58] in slightly reducing cortisol release influenced by mental stress,[59] suppressing the synthesis of interleukin-1 and -6 and enhancing the synthesis of interleukin-2; the former promotes higher CRH release. Omega 6 fatty acids, on the other hand, have an inverse effect on ---interleukin synthesis[citation needed]
-Music therapy can reduce cortisol levels in certain situations[60]
-Massage therapy can reduce cortisol[61]
-Sexual intercourse can reduce cortisol levels[citation needed].
-Laughing, and the experience of humour, can lower cortisol levels[62]
-Soy-derived phosphatidylserine interacts with cortisol; the correct dose, however, is unclear.[63][64]
-Vitamin C may slightly blunt cortisol release in response to mental stressors[65]
-Black tea may hasten recovery from a high-cortisol condition[66][67]
[edit]

Factors generally increasing cortisol levels
-Caffeine may increase cortisol levels[68]
-Sleep deprivation[69]
-Intense (high VO2 max) or prolonged physical exercise stimulates cortisol release to -increase gluconeogenesis and maintain blood glucose.[70] Proper nutrition[71] and high-level conditioning[72] can help stabilize cortisol release
-The Val/Val variation of the BDNF gene in men, and the Val/Met variation in women, are associated with increased salivary cortisol in a stressful situation[73]
-Hypoestrogenism and melatonin supplementation increase cortisol levels in postmenopausal women[74]
-Burnout is associated with higher cortisol levels[75]
-Severe trauma or stressful events can elevate cortisol levels in the blood for prolonged periods[76]
-Subcutaneous adipose tissue regenerates cortisol from cortisone[77]
-Anorexia nervosa may be associated with increased cortisol levels[78]
-The serotonin receptor gene 5HTR2C is associated with increased cortisol production in men[79]
-Some formulations of combined oral contraceptive pills increase cortisol levels in young women who perform whole-body-resistance exercise training[80]
-Commuting increases cortisol levels relative to the length of the trip, its predictability and the amount of effort involved [81]

Sounds like more than just an interesting theory to go on. Would one be able to be prescribed to hydrocortisone tablets to decrease anxiety and stress?

lol, he calls the dude a dumbass for critiquing misinterpretation of the scientific literature, and then he cites wikipedia (without providing the subsequent sources within) as evidence for his argument

DimlyFourOwls your awfully good at interpreting things there aren't you mister. I'll like you to do better, you cant be a critic if you can't top off your critique.

Ooo Ooo- My turn! I want to cite a source! ...but I can't find a better example/simile for wasted time and energy than this thread.

So I nominate this thread as the future example of threads exhibiting mindless futility.