• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

adrenal fatigue awareness for ecstasy users

its.euphoric

Bluelighter
there needs to be more awareness of adrenal problems associated with ecstasy use.

k here it goes

Cortisol release is increased by stimulatory factors, including physical activity, thermal stress and stimulant drugs. In laboratory studies MDMA leads to an acute cortisol increase of around 150% in sedentary humans. In MDMA-using dance clubbers, the cortisol levels are increased by around 800%, possibly due to the combined factors of stimulant drug, physical exertion and psychosocial stimulation. Regular ecstasy/MDMA users also demonstrate changes in baseline cortisol levels and cortisol reactivity, with compromised hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal activity. Nonpharmacological research has shown how cortisol is important for psychological aspects such as memory, cognition, sleep, impulsivity, depression and neuronal damage. These same functions are often impaired in recreational ecstasy/MDMA users, and cortisol may be an important modulatory co-factor.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2826870/

K this is really bad for you. If you're feeling really lazy and emotionless, this is the problem. Forget sertotonin or brain damage. Your only brain damage is possible hpa axis dysfunction which can cause your hypothalmus to get smaller. But it can be reversed.
certain body types are more prone to inflammation and become more prone to hpa axis imbalances.

Also.. you're probably wondering why maybe you haven't heard of this or your doctor isn't in on this or whatever. It's because modern "western medicine" doesn't recognize that it even exists. Like, even if you have cortisol saliva tests showing that you have low cortisol, there's apparently nothing they can do. They either will test you for addisons or cushings. Which is where your adrenals aren't working at all or are fucked up. Most likely drug companies have some kind of control over this.. because they can get you prescribed with all kinds of stuff when you have adrenal fatigue. Like anti depressants, sleep aids, stress relievers like benzos, also many times people with adrenal fatigue end up developing digestive problems like acid reflux, or ibs. when most of the time the fix is very simple and that's a prescription for hydrocortisone. But they make more money and get more doctor visits and can prescribe you with more when you are suffering.
Then there's the tendency to develop allergies and other inflammatory diseases. Yeah I could go on and on and i could go on about how fucked up our medical system works but whatever.
I'm just going to post this site which talks a lot about adrenal fatigue and talks about how to resolve it.

honestly I wish someone would have told me this when I was feeling terrible. I thought there was something wrong with my brain.. now looking back I feel so stupid lol. it has everything to do with imbalance in your body which affect how you feel. But then again, I've learned a ton from this too so it's kind of like a blessing in disguise. I don't know why, but I've heard this from other people too that adrenal fatigue causes one to be very introspective. I've changed a lot, and am much more appreciative and happy for everything.

Also, I'm not sure if this site is totally accurate on everything. That's why if you really want more information just google adrenal fatigue. I know as far as the weight gain issue isn't always true. You can have a tendency to lose weight. Like for me, I can't gain weight regardless of how much I eat. And I can eat a lot.

Oh and what's helped for me personally is changing my diet. I don't eat gluten anymore, and I feel a lot better. And cutting back on fat and dairy helped too.
http://thesop.org/story/health/2006...w-it-affects-your-life-and-how-to-heal-it.php

Yeah, this is just for many people out there wondering why they're feeling emotionless or out of it or foggy. I know how you feel and hopefully this will help you. There should be more information about there in general about adrenal health especially for drug users. Because usually that's what brings you to drugs in the first place is because you hpa axis is off which drives you to getting euphoria and happiness from drugs, instead of the natural euphoria that life brings, when your body is functioning optimally and you are healthy.
And if there is a thread about this somewhere that I haven't seen, sorry.

whoa this post is really misleading. everything that the guy says after he posts the NIH link is all his own conjecture. read the results and conclusions of the study, it says nothing about adrenal fatigue or its effects on the brains on ecstasy users.

please cite scientific information to back up your adrenal fatigue claims that come out of nowhere and are NOT provided in that study. i'm also not inclined to give anyone credibility who has to use quotes when referring to western medicine

whoa this post is really misleading. everything that the guy says after he posts the NIH link is all his own conjecture. read the results and conclusions of the study, it says nothing about adrenal fatigue or its effects on the brains on ecstasy users.

please cite scientific information to back up your adrenal fatigue claims that come out of nowhere and are NOT provided in that study. i'm also not inclined to give anyone credibility who has to use quotes when referring to western medicine

Hey Smartass:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortisol

Cortisol (hydrocortisone) is a steroid hormone, or glucocorticoid, produced by the adrenal gland.[1] It is released in response to stress and a low level of blood glucocorticoids. Its primary functions are to increase blood sugar through gluconeogenesis; suppress the immune system; and aid in fat, protein and carbohydrate metabolism.[2] It also decreases bone formation. During pregnancy, increased production of cortisol between weeks 30-32 initiates production of fetal lung surfactanct to promote maturation of the lungs. Various synthetic forms of cortisol are used to treat a variety of different diseases.

Factors generally reducing cortisol levels
-Magnesium supplementation decreases serum cortisol levels after aerobic exercise,[55][56] but not after resistance training[57]
-Omega 3 fatty acids have a dose-dependent effect [58] in slightly reducing cortisol release influenced by mental stress,[59] suppressing the synthesis of interleukin-1 and -6 and enhancing the synthesis of interleukin-2; the former promotes higher CRH release. Omega 6 fatty acids, on the other hand, have an inverse effect on ---interleukin synthesis[citation needed]
-Music therapy can reduce cortisol levels in certain situations[60]
-Massage therapy can reduce cortisol[61]
-Sexual intercourse can reduce cortisol levels[citation needed].
-Laughing, and the experience of humour, can lower cortisol levels[62]
-Soy-derived phosphatidylserine interacts with cortisol; the correct dose, however, is unclear.[63][64]
-Vitamin C may slightly blunt cortisol release in response to mental stressors[65]
-Black tea may hasten recovery from a high-cortisol condition[66][67]
[edit]

Factors generally increasing cortisol levels
-Caffeine may increase cortisol levels[68]
-Sleep deprivation[69]
-Intense (high VO2 max) or prolonged physical exercise stimulates cortisol release to -increase gluconeogenesis and maintain blood glucose.[70] Proper nutrition[71] and high-level conditioning[72] can help stabilize cortisol release
-The Val/Val variation of the BDNF gene in men, and the Val/Met variation in women, are associated with increased salivary cortisol in a stressful situation[73]
-Hypoestrogenism and melatonin supplementation increase cortisol levels in postmenopausal women[74]
-Burnout is associated with higher cortisol levels[75]
-Severe trauma or stressful events can elevate cortisol levels in the blood for prolonged periods[76]
-Subcutaneous adipose tissue regenerates cortisol from cortisone[77]
-Anorexia nervosa may be associated with increased cortisol levels[78]
-The serotonin receptor gene 5HTR2C is associated with increased cortisol production in men[79]
-Some formulations of combined oral contraceptive pills increase cortisol levels in young women who perform whole-body-resistance exercise training[80]
-Commuting increases cortisol levels relative to the length of the trip, its predictability and the amount of effort involved [81]

Sounds like more than just an interesting theory to go on. Would one be able to be prescribed to hydrocortisone tablets to decrease anxiety and stress?

They should be OTC, like the cream. Ive never seen them in a pharmacy tho. Could probably ask the pharmacist for them.

"Hence it is important to note the largely unchanged cortisol levels in dance clubbers and party goers when abstaining from MDMA."

So basically your saying that slot of people experiencing depression, sleep problems and cognitive deflects after MDMA use could be due to cortisol depletion rather than serotogenic destruction? Because it says that levels do not remain to baseline even with extended abstinence.

I'd like to know because all the problems listed as cortisol problems, I have, and have been contributing them to my relatively short span of MDMA abuse.

@ OP: you said you feel silly in retrospect, what were your experience with your "brain damage" misconception, and how'd you fix it, hydrocortisone?

if you dont overuse the mdma drug, you will not have to worry about this. dont be an idiotic pillhead dumbass burning your brain out, or doing various mdma forms just fucking yourself up. be smart, dont let drugs get the best of you.

same goes for meth/coke/other amphs, you gotta chill and not overdo them. control your dosing.

Too late for that. I read your link, it says it takes up to 3-24 months to fix the problem with healthly living, ironically that's the given time it takes recovering MDMA and meth abusers to "recover". Correlating maybe?

So would hydrocortisone be a catalyst in fixing these problems? I'd rather not follow their 15-20 steps for 2 years to see if it only "maybe" the problem.

@ OP. how would someone be able to get there cortisol levels back to normal by any fast or more effect method in your opinion?

As far as I know, this information is a little inconclusive, and albeit credible, it's not like your brain is degenerating, or your body levels are completely derailed.

The levels of just about everything in our body are always changing. You can find test and study results to fit every problem--- but that doesn't make it responsible for the issue.

I agree with mastersplinter. This studys informative "way of looking at things" shall we say, does not only strike me as intriguing, creditable, and very possible, but also very correlational to many recovery studies heard.

The symptoms of adrenal fatigue are spot on with MDMA abuse, which people stress is the issue, making things worse. It's mainly due to cortisol, "800% spike" while on MDMA, with users no reporting baseline amounts even after abstinence.

And the cure is a healthly diet, which we tell every etard to follow to feel somewhat normal again. This fatigue takes 6-24 months to heal from, which is ironically the latest deadline posted for moderate abusers in the past, whom follow a healthy diet.

Sure I'm not ruling out brain damage or damage to your serotogenic system, but this could very well be a big factor as well, if not the problem.

Only tricky thing is you need a naturopath to determine your levels via saliva test.

Well 6-24 months is when it's really bad. if it gets to where it's extremely bad you'd be laying in bed all day, and feel very tired. Like chronic fatigue syndrome.

The best way to tell if you have adrenal issues is just through symptoms. I was reading on this one doctors site who specializes in adrenal fatigue and he says that many tests can be inaccurate. Especially blood tests. But saliva is the most reliable if you do do a test for it.

You can get hydrocortisone cream from wal mart. It has a small amount of hydrocortisone in it. It's not suppose to be for eating but it actually does work to take it orally. Like in one dose there's 10mg of hydrocortisone. usually that's enough, but many prescribed doses can go up to 10-40mg of hydrocortisone. some people require more.

So if you do take it, just start with one or two doses.

I use quotes because western medicine isn't the real name for it.. and couldn't think of what to call it. It shouldn't even be called medicine, it's just shit they put you on to help make you think you're getting better or helping you. It's all controlled by drug companies.
I know with me as well as many other people on here, when you go to the doctor all they know what to do is give you antidepressants because that's all they learned in medical school, or they tell you that you're a hypochondriac.

i forgot that you do have to be careful with hydrocortisone. Because too much can interfere with your body's natural ability to make it, and actually cause your adrenals to become suppressed.
But low doses can help a lot. Because it helps to give your adrenals a break. Most of the time you can go off of it after a while of taking it. And then you'll know that your body is healing.

I use quotes because western medicine isn't the real name for it.. and couldn't think of what to call it. It shouldn't even be called medicine, it's just shit they put you on to help make you think you're getting better or helping you. It's all controlled by drug companies.

do you also believe it was the jews who were behind 9/11? or that we didn't actually land on the moon? or that Xenu is our master and creator?

I know with me as well as many other people on here, when you go to the doctor all they know what to do is give you antidepressants because that's all they learned in medical school, or they tell you that you're a hypochondriac.

i take it you know this because you have a medical degree?

I'd like to ask you the same thing, how do you know they teach it?

Stop being so thick headed, oh and FYI i went to my docter yesterday and he's never heard of adrenal fatigue.

P.s. Go YouTube it, they use the exact same labeling he uses "western medicine".

Check up your facts before you go on like a know it all.

yeah I shouldn't have gotten into the whole thing about our current health care and I really don't wanna start arguing about it, cuz that's not why I posted this.
I know he hasn't heard of adrenal fatigue, that's why I put in my first post that most doctors don't know anything about it.
And how can I be thickheaded? I'm very open minded. That is why I care to think outside of what doctors tell me is right or wrong. if you want to listen to your doctor, then go ahead. You won't get anywhere.
Think for yourself and do your own research. That is the only thing that has helped me.

^^^ haha no dude I was talking to themachine, not you.

What were your symptoms like and where'd you get tested?