• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Adjuvants & Opioid Potentiators In Chronic Pain Control

Man this is totally off. topic but I love to read all of your posts, your lexis and vocabulary is just from another world. Outstanding, whenever I read one of your posts it's like reading a scientific paper Combined with a pinch of sarcasm and the exact amount of seriousness. Oh and all of your contributions are really good. Nicomorphinist for president ?.

heh heh thank you very much . . . there would need to be an amendment to the US Constitution -- I am in exactly the same boat as Arnold Schwarzenegger in that respect. I did hear from a lot of people in the sort of semi-formal support group for folks in pain which has accreted over the years about running in the DFL primary for Governor, MNIP for US Senate or House of Representatives at one point with pain treatment as a central part of the platform and programme; now of course . . . maybe Nicomorphinist for Burgomeister of Vienna one of these days . . .

I take 50-100 mg of Hydroxyzine with opium especially if I want to use less. It kills the nose tip itchiness, which I like actually, that comes with the opium starting to work and it makes the intoxication more noddy. It also seems to relax the muscles much more as well. Especially in the morning , when opium is taken with Hydroxyzine, it definitely kills my lower back pain much more rapidly.Unfortunately, Hydroxyzine doesn't really add to the opiate euphoria.

Phenprobamate, a muscle relaxant, was causing nodding with smaller amounts of Opium and making it more effective for pain (muscle, back, neck pain) but no change in euphoria.

Another medication I take for potentiating the opium is Methylphenidate. I didn't know that it potentiated opiates but I felt this effect by accident. When I first started using opium, I just was after pure opium intoxication but a couple months later, I started reminiscing about how I used to feel shooting H&C together. I decided to take 10-20 mg of Methylphenidate with opium. The result was astonishing. Within 30 minutes of dosing, I was getting nearly double the buzz that I got from opium or Methylphenidate by themselves. There was less nodding but the euphoria was much better. It also seemed much better as a painkiller probably because of the high physical pleasure. After that I read about the potentiating effects of Ritalin and I was sure that it wasn't just a wishful placebo.

I used all of the above with dried poppy pods and as expected, got the same results.

Now, I'm really interested about the potentiating effects of various antidepressants and St. John's Wort but it scares me a bit because of the risk of serotonin syndrome. Another one I came across was Propranalol which also is a little risky as well.
Ondansetron (Zofran) is said to have opiate potentiating effects but again there's a risk of serotonin syndrome when combined with opiates.

I've read about nigella sativa oil too but from what I understood, it's more helpful in not building a dependency rather than potentiating opiates, if I recall correctly. Never tried it myself.

I take 50-100 mg of Hydroxyzine with opium especially if I want to use less. It kills the nose tip itchiness, which I like actually, that comes with the opium starting to work and it makes the intoxication more noddy. It also seems to relax the muscles much more as well. Especially in the morning , when opium is taken with Hydroxyzine, it definitely kills my lower back pain much more rapidly.Unfortunately, Hydroxyzine doesn't really add to the opiate euphoria.

Phenprobamate, a muscle relaxant, was causing nodding with smaller amounts of Opium and making it more effective for pain (muscle, back, neck pain) but no change in euphoria.

Another medication I take for potentiating the opium is Methylphenidate. I didn't know that it potentiated opiates but I felt this effect by accident. When I first started using opium, I just was after pure opium intoxication but a couple months later, I started reminiscing about how I used to feel shooting H&C together. I decided to take 10-20 mg of Methylphenidate with opium. The result was astonishing. Within 30 minutes of dosing, I was getting nearly double the buzz that I got from opium or Methylphenidate by themselves. There was less nodding but the euphoria was much better. It also seemed much better as a painkiller probably because of the high physical pleasure. After that I read about the potentiating effects of Ritalin and I was sure that it wasn't just a wishful placebo.

I used all of the above with dried poppy pods and as expected, got the same results.

Now, I'm really interested about the potentiating effects of various antidepressants and St. John's Wort but it scares me a bit because of the risk of serotonin syndrome. Another one I came across was Propranalol which also is a little risky as well.
Ondansetron (Zofran) is said to have opiate potentiating effects but again there's a risk of serotonin syndrome when combined with opiates.

I've read about nigella sativa oil too but from what I understood, it's more helpful in not building a dependency rather than potentiating opiates, if I recall correctly. Never tried it myself.

The most direct potentiators amongst antidepressants are the first generation ones like amitriptyline. and even more so related drugs used for other indications with muscle relaxants orphenadrine and cyclobenzaprine doing a very good job, and more distant structural relatives like the anticholinergics dicycloverine (Bentyl), trihexyphenidyl (Artane, Sexy Trihexy) and others also being good potentiators in general and make narcotics work better for neuropathic pain . . . as do second generation antidepressants like duloxetine but with the added problems as well. Belladonna alkaloids also are good potentiators.

First generation antihistamines are either similar to the above, work like hydroxyzine dose as a general potentiator without much euphoria increase, or with tripelennamine and some other ethylenediamine and ethanolamine antihistamines, are dopamine reuptake inhibitors add to the euphoria

Beta blockers like clonidine, tizanidine, and propranolol also potentiate most narcotic analgesics.

There are various medications that lengthen the duration or make the depressant effects more pronounced but I haven't found anything yet that intensifying the euphoric effects of the opiate.

Stimulants like Methylphenidate or cocaine in combination with opiates/ opioids definitely make a very effective painkiller and the combination is more euphoric but it's not the opiate euphoria anymore.

I wonder if there's anything that increases opiate pleasure without changing the character of the intoxication.

There are various medications that lengthen the duration or make the depressant effects more pronounced but I haven't found anything yet that intensifying the euphoric effects of the opiate.

Stimulants like Methylphenidate or cocaine in combination with opiates/ opioids definitely make a very effective painkiller and the combination is more euphoric but it's not the opiate euphoria anymore.

I wonder if there's anything that increases opiate pleasure without changing the character of the intoxication.

As far as making opium, poppy pod or seed extracts last longer, grapefruit juice and cimetidine have worked for . . . something one could do to cause it to be more euphoric would be using promethazine to turn more of the codeine in it into morphine. Phenyltoloxamine, doxylamine, tripelennamine do increase the euphoria, as do the carbamate sedatives including carisioprodol and meprobamate do too . . .

Last edited:
As far as making opium, poppy pod or seed extracts last longer, grapefruit juice and cimetidine have worked for . . . something one could do to cause it to be more euphoric would be using promethazine to turn more of the codeine in it into morphine. Phenyltoloxamine, doxylamine, tripelennamine do increase the euphoria, as do the carbamate sedatives including carisioprodol and meprobamate do too . . .

What are your thoughts on plugging morphine? Ive always found the results disappointing personally. I would like to get more out of my morphine script but have tried most methods without success. Any tips to get more out of it?

Aleve (naproxen) with my OxyContin def helps me stretch my pills. It seems to make me more sedated when I do these together . If I want the energy from my oxy I take with just soda and occasionally adderall helps stretch the oxy as well.

What potentiating effect is ondansetron supposed to have on opioids? I've not heard this but always thought it was odd that doctors seem resistant to prescribe it. With that said, I'm Rx'd #90 4mg ODT and they are life savers for sure.

As an opiate user I would love to know if they can be used to potentiate. I always thought they just knocked out the nausea. Ondansetron is amazing with kratom, it completely knocks out the nausea of 15g+ doses.

I tend to use DXM and doxylamine as potentiators. For synergy, benzodiazepines, barbiturates (I know it's dangerous, though Carisoprodol's metabolite is meprobromate. Most induce cpy2d6 also), gabapentinoids to name a few.

I 2nd using amphetamine to potentiate pain killing effects as well. As others stated, this used to be a pain management technique and is probably still used in places. I believe I read that the combination causes an increase in dopamine release greater than either substance alone (but I could be wrong and have no reference atm).

Last edited: