Open Discussion Adding an ethnobotanical subforum or prefix to Other Drugs

Anonymous Dissident

Bluelighter
I know I'm not the only person with a lot of interest in psychoactive, but not psychedelic, plants. Some of the discussions from both BDD and the Misc tag in Other Drugs could be consolidated in one place to make it easier to track down if you dont have to search the entire site for them. Well known things like kratom, blue lotus, dagga that are definitely active need a home of their own, as do the more obscure substances like salvia nemorosa, russian sage etc. would be better suited for a single place.

Thoughts anyone??

I'd defer to @Xorkoth as he is more familiar with both the substances, and the amount of traffic they garner on our site.

From my perspective, the easiest moves would be a) moving such threads into one existing forum (PD?) and b ) utilizing an appropriate prefix across them. The first doesn't only rely on mods seeing everything and agreeing to move it to the right home, but can also be aided by members who report (RP) such a thread just to ask staff 'hey, shouldnt this be moved to forum XYZ?'. The prefix part is pretty easy from a site management perspective and greatly aids the search function (that sucks butt), though we'd likely need the mods and members of the forum to agree what an appropriate prefix would be. Implementation of a new prefix is very quick and easy.

I'm fine with it because there are so many different plants u can use. San Pedro Kaktus for example. -

For other plants like peppermint , camomille and so on there is a goot book called "Phytoinhalation" from Frank Fuchs - just google it. Also a lot of things that grow out in nature or in the woods, you can vaporize with mild but good effects. Very helpful for being Il. When I feel sick i damp colloidal silver. You can damp al real lot of other plants that come from mator nature. But I think that only mild stuffe likel lavendel or Ginseng and do on can be vaporized, it depends on the indication.

Sorry for OT but sometimes it is so easy to take care of yourself, even with things from mother nature ( except MaryJane now).

JJ

Last edited:
Kava Kava
Eukalyptus
Kurkuma
Guarana
Thymian
rose of sharon!!
Ginger
Valerian
Ashawanda
Salvia
Lemon balm

and so on... I would highly recommend the book i mentioned because it's is listed from A-Z with Illnesses, they tell you which plant you could try, how much you should take of it, where the plants come from and what the side effects are. They even tell with which temperature you should vape it so that i'ts not burning. I leave the link here because I think everybody who is researching illegal drugs should be informed about what the legal plants we just can do to you, they can help you much!

Last edited:
fwiw, Xorkie is offline a good bit right now for personal reasons (not bad, just taking care of business) so it may be a week or more before he can give his honest input on the matter. The discussion is free to continue in the meantime, naturally.

This would be cool as I’m just now getting back into the exploration of obscure and unknown ethno’s.
I’ve got quite a few in the works that would need a home :)

-GC

yes this would be great! i need some help identifying morning glories that grow by house haha

Bump to bring the idea back into discussion. I apologize in advance if this is somehow violating the BLUA.

Not violating BLUA in any sense. The concept of "BL Time" is a long established tradition by which we talk a lot about something and never actually get to doing it. We'd like to not continue that tradition, and actually drive things to a decision that makes the most sense for all...and with that, a timely bump is appreciated. <3

I'll see if we can pull @Xorkoth in and if he has anyone else that might have some insights on how best to handle this (ie, our in house hobbit and general organizer @CFC). This isn't a promise that the proposal will be fulfilled, just that we ought to reach a decision point and bring the discussion to a healthy close rather than a lingering stalled out death.

I'd be happy to create "ethnobotanicals" as a catch-all OD prefix for non-psychdelic discussion, as well as a "kratom" prefix. These two would likely carry enough traffic to warrant the granularity, though we may end up with some degree of psychedelic discussion getting siphoned off into OD.

I'd be happy to create "ethnobotanicals" as a catch-all OD prefix for non-psychdelic discussion, as well as a "kratom" prefix. These two would likely carry enough traffic to warrant the granularity, though we may end up with some degree of psychedelic discussion getting siphoned off into OD.
That would be awesome. Let me know if you need someone to search out threads that will fit those categories. I'd be happy to help in any way I can!

Reactions: CFC
That would be awesome. Let me know if you need someone to search out threads that will fit those categories. I'd be happy to help in any way I can!

Great! You can just drop any links you spot in this thread or in random PMs to me if you like, and I'll append with the appropriate prefix.

I've been meaning to add Kratom for a while, since it's such a widely used drug these days, so this works well. We could really do with a third prefix to add to OD, just because the rows of buttons come in 3. I'll have a think; others: feel free to drop suggestions!

Maybe a tab for pharmaceuticals and supplements that are non-psychoactive, but may alter the metabolism of psychoactive compounds? Things like turmeric, piperidine, white grapefruit juice etc.

@CFC Once I get my immediate medical concern sorted out, will starting one reply for kratom threads and a separate reply for other botanicals and just add to each post as I go work; or is there another way you'd like me to set it up??

Last edited: