Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Addiction Summit melb 10-12 july 2008

madmick19

Bluelight Crew
just thought i'd post this here a little early as the early bird special ends soon (march 1 ) for anyone who is interested in addiction and change. cost me $630.00 AUD for conference and post summit workshop at early rate.

im already booked to go so that should be drawcard enough ;) some of the worlds top researcher and sp[eaker in the field of addiction and drug use are going to be presenting :)

A Climate for Change http://www.addictionsummit.org/

An International Summit : Advancing Theory, Research, Policy & Practice in Addiction Sponsored by Pacific Centre for Motivation & Change (PCMC) - [email protected]his e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it ‘A Climate for Change’ is a 2-day summit, with post-summit professional development workshops, that will inform, enliven and expand your understanding of addiction. Look back at the past. Look forward to new ideas.

We have invited some of the world’s leading experts in the field -- who have brought cutting-edge theory, science, and practice to bear on advancing our thinking of addiction -- and gathered them together. The people that changed our understanding of addiction. Confirmed speakers include:

Peter Adams Steve Allsop
Alex Blaszczynski Carlo DiClemente
Dennis Gray Harold Kalant
Alan Marlatt Ian MacEwan
Barbara McCrady Thomas McLellan
William Miller Theresa Moyers
Ann Roche Doug Sellman
Howard Shaffer Constance Weisner
Ted Wilkes Allan Zuckoff

All in one place. For one seminal event. Plenary addresses, in-depth workshops, interactive presentations and panel discussions. With post-summit workshops featuring Carlo DiClemente David Hodgins. William Miller, Theresa Moyers, and Allan Zuckoff. Groundbreaking.

Provocative. Unprecedented. Counsellor, psychologist, psychiatrist, academic, social worker, mental health professional, policy maker, corrections worker...this is the event for you.

Bump

since this is coming up i thought id bump this, im booked in to go, should be an interesting conference :) will do a summary if anyone is interested

What exactly does it explain? Something like the addiction rate in Australia or something and what is being done to prevent or help those who need it or something???

I'll be in melbourne at that time. But I suppose that I can't just randomly walk in and listen to lectures, without paying right?