• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe addicted to high doses of DHC weird reaction to bupe

newbiecodone

Bluelighter
Hi Bluelighters I am going to try to make this short.

I was addicted to bupe a year ago cuz I could not get anything stronger then codein there is only meth in the town I was living then so I took some codein with apap just to pee positive on opiates in the bupe scripting doc so he gave me lots of 8mgs tablets i had good times with it you know the story the magic faded away but I liked it anyway no stomach aches feeling good etc.

even though no nodding and dreaming. So I cold turkeyd for 4-5 days the WDs were nowhere near the WDs I get now from DHC no throwing up bit of diarrhea immodium solved that but the insomnia and shaking legs pains in legs were just unbearable for me I am a pussy I know.

So I told my self I can get lots of DHC 120mgs for free why not take that and it has a smaller half life the wds from that would be max 5-7 days well that is maybe true but now if I dont have it I am literally like from trainspotting except the hallucinations I have first a layer of frosty sweat on my back goose bumps very watery eyes yawning later dry heaving diarrhea vomiting feeling extremely weak so weak I could not bother lifting my legs when walking to the toilet.

So I got DHC again because I needed to go to work etc... last week I obtained and 8mg tab of suboxone which I used a smaller quarter off because the first WD symptoms were there well I got percipitated WD for 30mins vomiting while shitting on the floor I was aware of percipitated wd but it was at least 12-14 hours and I was sick.

OK now the point today morning I was waiting for my dhc was sick did a very small crunch of the sub and again a very mild percip wd but just temperature and goose bumps but after the bupe kicked in I was still feeling not so well and tonight I got my DHC and I even feel high from it like its not even blocking it the bupe is it because of the small dose

or what do you guys think why is the bupe not acting like it should?

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn’t sound like you took enough bupe for it to prevent other opioids. Sorta hard to understand the chain of events your describing.

Info on the following would help us give you better feedback:
How long were you using buprenorphine? Why doses and how often?
How long were you using DHC, doses and frequency?

So basically a timeline of when you used what stuff would help. But if the DHC got you feeling good, and it normally wouldn’t at that dose after taking buprenorphine, it’s probably that you didn’t use enough buprenorphine this time to prevent the DHC from doing its thing.

Especially with precipitated withdrawal, that would probably make it a little easier to feel a full agonist afterward than if you had avoided precipitated withdrawal and the buprenorphine was able to work more normally.

sorry its a bit chaotic so the timeline:
I wasnt addicted about 2 years aggo to anything but I liked to take codein and DHC from time to time I wanted to try H but I cant get it in our city so 2 years Iam taking suboxone in doses mostly a quarter of 8mg pill sometimes I did a whole pill I never understood how my friends puked from like a little crum of the tablet.

After the 2 years I came to a realization that I don?t feel well if I do not take it and so I tapered but I had no patience for it so I jumped from 1mg - 0,8mg and the WD?s were too long because of the half life about 4 months maybe 5 months aggo I switched kratom and then DHC and it was like I did not have a tolerance I was so happy and ofcourse I started abusing it and said to myself at least the WD?s will be shorter but they are like very bad puking and everything I never had symptoms like this when I cold turkeyd from subs and when I put the cottons from the subs under my tongue in like day 4 I was ok for 2 days straight I thought that Iam cured

so now that Iam on DHC quarter of 8mg suboxone doesnt take care of the symptoms and I still have goose bumps heat and cold sweat and stuff maybe your wright that I should have taken more and I did an hour later and basicaly it was the same until yesterday at 9PM my DHC came and I was fine like the subs didnt even block out the DHC. Hopefully its more understandable now if not Iam sorry Iam not a native English speaker :/ but thank you for trying to solve it and help me

It’s crazy how potent buprenorphine is for someone not tolerant to opioids, tolerant in the sense of irregular use here. Once upon a time a gave a friend 1/4 or a 2mg buprenorphine pill, and poor guy was six for 48 hrs. So yeah, not something that very safe for someone who isn’t already into opioids at least a little (I mean actually it’s a great drug, just super potent for such folks).

Yes, it sounds kinda messy, but such is life for folks in the situation. How much DHC are you taking to get a nice buzz?

Apologies you’ve had such a rough time with buprenorphine. The good news is that you’ve been on a pretty reasonable dose not for too long compared so some people. Is you goal to come off just buprenorphine, or stop taking all opioids? (No judgement btw, asking because I am curious only)

It wouldn’t be that hard if you goal is just to get away from buprenorphine, but it sounds like you’ve already done that mainly by using DHC? Stopping all opioids certainly is also possible, but it will require a bit more strategic long term thinking.

And your English is quite good btw :)

well I kind of abuse the fact that DHC has no ceiling effect so to get a buzz I take at least 1.2g I know its a hell of a lot but I can get by on 300mg once in morning once before bed and I wake up a bit off and too early but what can you do. when taken whole not crushed cuz these are the prolonged release ones in here you cant get instant release DHC only codein and I prefer DHC because you have 60x 120 mg tablets in one box and codein only 10x 30mgs.

Its a good question because I have a good job and dont have any material problems but this addiction when I dont have it even a little bit I cant be bothered to do anything not even talking about going to work and than it causes sometimes problems when I run out and need to wait few days so I definately need to get off totally because of my nature I cant chip after a while I will take every day and feel happy get addicted again :D so long term I want to taper down and start using just the necessary smallest dose which will guarantee that Iam not going to be sick Iam working in other country and here they have subutex not suboxone wanted to try how it feels without the naloxone although I know buprenorphine has stronger binding affinity. I was thinking of trying to taper with that do it the proper way because the issue with full agonist like DHC is that its short acting and subs will take care of you for longer periods of time so I don?t know which way yet but definitely slow taper because I just cant handle the WD?s and I didn?t even get to the PAWS faze

and thank you btw your very kind I love bluelight most of the people here have experience and are very kind and helpful ;)

Just be mindful that the more you switch back and forth between full agonists and buprenorphine the less effective buprenorphine will become at holding you.

And with the PAWS, there is no guarantee you’ll experience that. In my experience people make way more of a deal about PAWS than it requires. Like, it seems to be much more severe for folks who make a big deal about it or blow it out of proportion. Not saying it isn’t or can’t be an issue, just saying that some good old fashioned psychological conditioning can reduce a lot of the symptoms.

The psychology of addiction is way more important to address than the pharmacology imho (though both are important to address). It’s also the more challenging of the two to address.

Here are lots of things you can do to prevent the likelihood that would develop and reduce the severity of symptoms if it ends up happening. Just ask if you want info, but it basically involved tapering and behavioral type therapies while you’re still using. And meds of course, other than opioids I mean.

well I really would like to hear what info you can give me but in about months time when my insurance comes in I would like to try the subutex for change and taper with it because its really harder to taper with DHC and the WD?s are horrible as I said so I am in a mind set where I do get high from time to time but other than that I just take just enough to get me through without any discomfort in my case its more psychic maybe I am uncomfortable near colleagues and people I dont know and opiates really helped me get a few friends who dont know about my addiction but still. So I would be more than happy to hear the info you mentioned thank you :)

Have you ever heard of mindfulness based stress reduction (or variants as mindfulness based cognitive therapy, mindfulness based relapse prevention, etc)?

Subutex sounds like a great idea.

Basically working with a support group (whatever you feel comfortable with, 12 step stuff, SMART recovery Refuge recovery, etc, or even non-recovery wellness groups like Against the Stream or MARC in the Los Angeles area; these resources will vary based on your location - if you don’t mind sharing that with us or via private message with me it would be helpful assessing what is available) is a good idea.

Learning how to meditate, mindfulness stuff, compassion practice stuff, these provide invaluable self care assets that will help you regular in the face of cravings. Highly recommend MBSR for that.

Find and working with a good therapist is also a really good idea. It can be difficult to find someone who works well for you, but it’s worth the effort.

That’s a general overlay. Consider posting about what you want to try in Sober Living, you get more feedback from a recovery orientation and it doesn’t matter whether you are currently abstient or not.

Basically learning how to live without just living for using opioids. It can be a big shift, but it’s really just about finding other ways to spend your time doing that are healthier and more sustainable. Whatever you’re passionate about, exploring that is also a really good idea.

Try to think of it like investing in your future. The more you invest in drug use, the more difficult it will be to stop using drugs. The more you invest in other areas of your life besides drugs, the easier it will be to stop using (or to use in healthier ways). The more you invest in recovery, the easier/more manageable it gets.

Buprenorphine is an agonist / antagonist while DHC is a pure agonist. That means that buprenorphine is agonist for some opioid receptors and antagonist for others. If you are taking DHC daily along several weeks if you take buprenorphine it can cause a withdrawal. Take DHC while you take buprenorphine but not take buprenorphine in a DHC habit.

Only if you have cold turkey from DHC can take buprenorphine for relieve it. I recommend you to go to a methadone clinic to have an strong opioid with pharmaceutical quality free and which only is take a pill in the morning and occasionally if you want to get high you can take a very higher dose of methadone or not take methadone and chase the dragon with some H.

I am in maintenance with methadone 60mg and I wish the poppy gum, the opium, were available in dispensaries with maximum quality and very low price, would be the best solution for opiates users with troubles. If I have opium cheap daily I will forget heroin, oxycodone, fentanyl or hydrocodone.

Only 200mg orally of refined opium in the morning, other 200mg after lunch and 300mg in the night before go to the bed. For me opium is better than all the compounds created since the isolate of morphine, neither pure heroin is better than opium. The poppy gum is a superior narcotic.

Gives peace but don't leads you unable to act, give pleasure and euphoria but not damage your psychological skills, cause an state in which you see the reality without judge it, a emotional distance from the reality, produces heat that go from feet to head, very pleasant heat, gives an state in which you see all really ok and relief physical, psychological and emotional pain and produces an state among the weaknesses and the dream in that your thinkings becomes dreams and you perceive the dreams with consciousness, is like if you with imagination cause your dreams. Morphine pills, oxycodone pills, hydrocodone pills or fentanyl candies lead you lied in the sofa flying in a confusion opiate cloud but opium at normal doses is perfectly compatible with work, cause an effect narcotic, pleasant, euphoric, stimulant of imagination but put you in a state in which you can do both physical and intellectual work.

Baudelaire, Gauthier, Goya, Goethe or Bismarck were heavy opium users as have been readed in their pharmacy countability. And that great mans does not taken opium to be lied in a bed with evasion and damage, not, they taken opium for work. In the time of the romantic writers in Paris all they found the inspiration in laudano which was a liquid with 40?

alcohol in which very concentrate liquid opium was been dissolved. The laudano was very strong opium dissolved in an alcoholic liquor. Each doctor had his own recipe for laudano but the most famous which recipe still can be found are the Sidenham laudano from Dr. Sidenham in UK and the other the Rousseau laudano from Dr. Rousseau in France. Romantic writers take from laudano the muse for their art and later they started to look for it in absenta.

In the classic Greece opium was understated as an element of the daily clean and they thinked than the people with more than 50 years old which doesn't take opium were dummy because relieve the pain of the age and make more full, decent and happy the last time of life. In the classic Greece was created an preparation called triaca (from greek theriaka) which contained very strange ingredients but the basic and only works ingredient was opium. Triaca was for the rich people because medics prepared the triaca in a ritual with very rare ingredients.

Triaca was understood like a med for avoid diseases in form of preventive. And in part works because have been showed than opiates and opioids ever orally are stimulants of the natural defense of organism. In the classic Greece was very valued the opium from Tebas (Egypt) which was called opio tebaico, and from that word derivates tebaine, the opium alkaloid from which is created oxycodone.

In the Roman Empire in times of Augusto and Tiberio in the city of Rome there were more than 900 shops which only sends opium and the Empire only gives money for keep cheap two things and was flour and opium so the people ever had bread (food) and opium (medicine) without changes higher of their prizes. The queen Victory of England was in XIX century the people who more opium taken in the world as can be readed in her doctor writings

Last edited by a moderator:
Please try not to post massive blocks of text like that. People tend not to read posts like that because they’re hard to follow. Thx!

I read the Rafayte?s post and most of it I know I am fascinated by the third reich because its the root of 80% of farmaceuticals in the world even after the war chemists studied from nazi archives and syntetized a lot of legal and elegal drugs like oxycodone and MDMA . to my question I have taken yesterday around 10AM last 1,200mg of DHC I feel like this day progresses I have a slight touch of Diarrhea and Iam so fucking weak I almost fainted on the way back from the tobaco store I have cold hot flashes a very little dry heaving and I yawn yawn yaaaaaawn with eyes running and a little bit nose is running its now a few hours more than 24 precisli 31 hours I have a tiny part of suboxone do you think I can take it now without the percipitated? I feel like shit havent eaten from morning I know I should try east something I cant not hungry I am just affraid that it will just bring more pain and suffering the subxone chunk and if it would work this time it would deffinately secure the job for me there will be a 20-25 minutes talking in the language they want then technical tests then an hour of freaking presentations so I will end just as the doctor will lock his clinic at 6PM which pisses me off very much but at least they are willing now can I take the subu or would it just hurt me again ? And I do elelectronik music record my guitar so I have hobbies and stuff. But with this DHC its allways a hustle I need to go 150km back to my town where one doctor prescribes fairly enought of it now if I would slam it now would it hold me till tommorow 12AM?
tro