• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Addicted and need help??? Click here

ive been on transdermal fentenyl 37.5 mics/48 hrs. had 4 spinal cord ops last year still horrible acute/chronic pain probably for rest of my life have started putting patches on my tongue to get a buzz...appreciate any input

Stop taking opiates at noon on Friday get 8 Suboxone strips Xanax and Flexeril wait 30 hours before subs or you will go into precips which are the worse thing in the world use the Xanax and Flexeril carefully and I mean carefully have someone dispense to you at 30 hours take 6mg sub next day 4mg for 2 days then 2mg on day 4 1mg on. Day 5 half mg on day 6 then stop and suck it up for 2 days and you're done I was doing $200-$300 a day heroin habit and I got clean in 6 days no sub addiction

I was hurt in mva in 1995 and been on alot of opiates....i eventually git to 200mg morphine 3 times a day then this fucking opioid crisis in the states my doctor cut me off cold fucking turkey.....i almost beat the fucking piss out of him....anyway 4 months of street drugs injecting and trying to get in pain clinic...i finally did and they put me on 5mg hydros....laughable finally the put me on methadone 10 mg 2 times a day not enuff then after 4 months they got me on 10mg 4 times a day STILL not enuff.....i am out and i got like 14 days til refill....have to freeze my piss for test.....ugh...i just want to stop but the withdrawl is now WORSE than the pain....i am fucking suicidal......suboxone does not even hold me.....i dont get it

Hello, I am struggling to get out of hell with as little discomfort as possible. Been sniffing for 2 yrs, 1 g a day, last use was 14 days ago. Used right as I was walking into the clinic. Started 30 m/day Methadone 2 Fridays ago. It was a rough weekend and I guess it showed because they upped me to 35 Monday. That was fine. By Wednesday I was ready to taper. (I did say rapid!) I can?t be tied to a clinic, and started taking around 10-12m the next 2 days. Last Monday was the last day I went to the clinic, so 10 days total. Ive been down to around 1-1/2m/ at night since then. I am not feeling great, but the wds are just tolerable. I have had major jaw surgery and can not eat much at all, which I know isn?t helping. Anyway, I inly have enough Methadone left for a few more days. I am just wondering if I can do this, or if I will be back in the intake at the clinic by mid week. I have been so miserable. 4 months ago I tried to take subsolv, but must have had too much because I went straight into precipitated wds, and it was not for sn hour. I was 1,000 miles from home on vacation with my family and parents, and barely made it home after taking suboxone and going through agonizing wds for 14- 18 hours. Had to get right back on the second i got out of the 24 hour gruing car ride. I am so close. I know the dope is out of my system, but will my receptors grow back on this small dose of Methadone which gets a bit smaller each day? Will the dopamine production resume under this drug? I can?t go back to the way I was living. Hell, $130 a day was getting pretty hard to manage, and I wasn?t really fooling anyone, least of all myself. Any experience or advice would be greatly appreciated. This site has given me strength and hope in the past, and I really need some advice. This has to be it. I have 1 more day to get back to the clinic before I?m discjarged. Dont want that either, but if im going to be unable to manage this rapid taper i am working, I don?t want to put myself at risk of going back to the way it was. Thanks for any advice, and peace. I have to say, I felt so proud of every simgle person I saw each day in the clinic. It is a hell of a thing to get to that point, and they are trying. That is so admirable, and I just wanted to say how proud of everyone I felt. Thanks!

And if im posting in the wrong place, please redirect me. I just need some guidance.

YAOT,

Very well done for getting yourself to the methadone clinic and tapering down rapidly. That takes a lot of courage and strength.
I'm proud of you!

I think that you are going to just have to see how this goes. Everyone's body/ mind/ spirit is different.
It sounds like you have made it through the Acute opiate withdrawal stage by tapering yourself down using the methadone.
Now, you will have to see what kind of post acute withdrawal you have and if you can manage it, the best thing to do would be to just make it through that time period while your body is recovering.

However, it can be a long and exhausting process and you don't want to relapse back to the way your life was before this.
So, I would really watch yourself. If need be, then I would take the suboxone or methadone maintenance treatment over the other.
Sniffing, expensive torture.

Two years total use? If that is the case, I think you will be able to pull through the post acute withdrawal as I don't think it will be that long. It can be done! You can be free and clear of this which is the ultimate goal. I would do anything you can to give yourself help. Go to N.A or A.A for support. Reach out to others. Get some medical help. Exercise, eat healthy, rebuild yourself. Realize that the discomfort you are feeling is progress and it will not last forever. Meditation helps a lot. Aromatherapy helps. Weed can help.

Just be very vigilant in caring for yourself. Take the time out you need to heal.

Just don't get yourself in deeper. Research any medication you might take as a "comfort" med. Look up "withdrawal symptoms" of anything you might try to use to help with how you are feeling.

I hope you feel better real soon!

New to this page n not sure how t PM, I COULD REALLY USE THE NAME OF THIS PLACE!!!

New to this page n not sure how t PM, I COULD REALLY USE THE NAME OF THIS PLACE!!!

Can you be more specific? You need the name of what place?
Are you talking about the Methadone Clinic or Doctors who can prescribe suboxone?
I think that is your question. These places are different according to what city/ state you are in.
The first page of this thread gives a lot of information on how and where to get help.

Please give some additional information and I will try to help you.

Thanks for your kind words, I wrote a lengthy reply but my phone died and I lost it. Im hanging in, made it over 40 hrs between .8mg doses. I should be able to lightly touch down by the weekend-ish. Thanks again, im fighting, gotta get up in 3 hours so, I willing check back soon. Hang in there everyone, you can make it. It is pretty difficult, but I am damn determined not to go through wds or precipitated again. It was just not my bag. This way is manageable, I have more thoughts about it than cravings. I want yo be free. I want some peace. Talk to you soo . Much gratitude.
One way or another, this darkness has got to give.

Thanks for your kind words, I wrote a lengthy reply but my phone died and I lost it. Im hanging in, made it over 40 hrs between .8mg doses. I should be able to lightly touch down by the weekend-ish. Thanks again, im fighting, gotta get up in 3 hours so, I willing check back soon. Hang in there everyone, you can make it. It is pretty difficult, but I am damn determined not to go through wds or precipitated again. It was just not my bag. This way is manageable, I have more thoughts about it than cravings. I want yo be free. I want some peace. Talk to you soo . Much gratitude.
One way or another, this darkness has got to give.

You're welcome. I am here if you need some support. Cheering you onwards!

I think you almost got this. Then you won't ever have to go through that horrible opiate withdrawal again!
Or have that kind of lifestyle.

Use your money to go on a vacation or to have some real fun and get some peace!

I want you to be free also. Check in when you can and let me know how you are doing.

I hope things go well with the taper down.

Keep up the determination! Beat the shit out of this thing! Force the darkness to give!

Much Love!

Hello,
I am very new to this and hope I am posting it the correct place. I apologize in advance if this should be in another forum, and if I'm in the wrong place, Please direct me to know where I can go.

I have questions about Kratom. It can still be bought in my state (NJ) in tobacco stores. So, I used K as I tapered off subs. Everything was going directly as planned. However, about 2 weeks of of no subs and only using Kratom- my urine was dark, like cedar water with a brown hue. I went to te emergency room to get service because my insurance is horrible and barely covers anything. The hospitals cannot deny care. But, they also did not know what to do other than putting me on antibiotics.

So my liver enzymes are sky high, as well as my bilirubin, and my common bile duct (where pancreas, liver, and gallbaldder filter into one common duct) was enlarged to 8mm. I believe the normal common duct size is 3mm. An MRI ruled out any other issues - other the the common duct issue. Initially the docs thought I was going to need surgery because they thought they were going to see gallstones - but nothing.

I stopped using Kratom 2 weeks ago, as soon as I saw that my urine was dark and brown hue to it. I had been on 4mg of suboxone for 5 years now. When I used the Kratom, I had absolutely no withdrawal effects from jumping off subs at a relatively high dosage. I think I had been taking too much Kratom, probably about 8 - 10 mg....I was taking the capsule ones and was told that to avoid withdrawal, that I would need to be taking around 8 - 10 mgs per day.

Has anyone else had issues wtih liver enzymes being elevated after using Kratom? It's a bit scary for me. I'm going back to get another bloodwork script tomorrow to see if things are leveling out, decreasing.

If anyone else had a similar problem, please talk to me. I am very concerned that I have caused liver damage. I itch all over my body still today, and it has been 14 days since my last use of Kratom. I know with higher doses, the longer it will take to leave your system.

Has anyone else experienced this? How long until your urine returns to normal? I'm doing everything I can think of to help my situation - milk thistle, apple cider vinegar with "mother", straight cranberry unsweatened 4oz a day, and drinking TONS of water, nothing but water. 14 days later and I am still urinating a brownish color.

Will my body heal, or do I need to go back the the ER, to where they can't refuse your treatment even if you do have crappy insurance...

I just want to stop being physchologically and physically dependent on this and anything else.

How long until I start to urinate clear again?

Hello! I?m still hanging on! I have been watering the Methadone down when I get nervous. I think by the weekend I can step off. I?ve been taking idk how much. Very little and only when I absolutely can not stand it, or i have to be on. It?s working. I keep telling myself to give it time. It's an option anyway. Nobody wants to have a clinic visit at 5am every day that you?ve been up waiting on for 3 hours. These drugs are nasty fuckers. So cunning and powerful, it seemed to want me all to itself. Not surprised I tested for fyntl. I have been on so much shit, hard to tell whats making me feel the worst. But when those was kick in, you realize that boi is boss. It?s been a long time since I?ve had any opiates, 6 weeks maybe? Not sure how I made that small amount last so long, but the watering down seems to be a good idea. Still has a strong taste, so any imaginary symptoms can be calmed anyway. The real ones will get me rocking back and forth, ready to check on out. But I am the one who will win. I know I?m lead a tortured life, amd it will always be something, thats just me. I just need to keep it from being the best things though, the best things are the, well, they are absolutely the worst things, dark dark dark. I know to stay out of my head. This world, christ. I carry it around like I can. I can?t, so I stay out of my head. Lots of .5 xanax, shatter, and a rapid departure from the clinic, but a super nice slow taper has proven to be king. No cravings, except that one;) i will let you know how it goes. This method is goid if you need to keep your life together and kick at the same time.
Peace everyone, peace

So happy to hear this YAOT!

Well done! I'm super proud of you!

I agree that the watered down tapering, just using a small taste when you are feeling like you can't stand it method is King!

You are the one who will win and this thing is loosing its claw grip on you. Give it the death blow brother!

❤️

Hello,
I am very new to this and hope I am posting it the correct place. I apologize in advance if this should be in another forum, and if I'm in the wrong place, Please direct me to know where I can go.

I have questions about Kratom. It can still be bought in my state (NJ) in tobacco stores. So, I used K as I tapered off subs. Everything was going directly as planned. However, about 2 weeks of of no subs and only using Kratom- my urine was dark, like cedar water with a brown hue. I went to te emergency room to get service because my insurance is horrible and barely covers anything. The hospitals cannot deny care. But, they also did not know what to do other than putting me on antibiotics.

So my liver enzymes are sky high, as well as my bilirubin, and my common bile duct (where pancreas, liver, and gallbaldder filter into one common duct) was enlarged to 8mm. I believe the normal common duct size is 3mm. An MRI ruled out any other issues - other the the common duct issue. Initially the docs thought I was going to need surgery because they thought they were going to see gallstones - but nothing.

I stopped using Kratom 2 weeks ago, as soon as I saw that my urine was dark and brown hue to it. I had been on 4mg of suboxone for 5 years now. When I used the Kratom, I had absolutely no withdrawal effects from jumping off subs at a relatively high dosage. I think I had been taking too much Kratom, probably about 8 - 10 mg....I was taking the capsule ones and was told that to avoid withdrawal, that I would need to be taking around 8 - 10 mgs per day.

Has anyone else had issues wtih liver enzymes being elevated after using Kratom? It's a bit scary for me. I'm going back to get another bloodwork script tomorrow to see if things are leveling out, decreasing.

If anyone else had a similar problem, please talk to me. I am very concerned that I have caused liver damage. I itch all over my body still today, and it has been 14 days since my last use of Kratom. I know with higher doses, the longer it will take to leave your system.

Has anyone else experienced this? How long until your urine returns to normal? I'm doing everything I can think of to help my situation - milk thistle, apple cider vinegar with "mother", straight cranberry unsweatened 4oz a day, and drinking TONS of water, nothing but water. 14 days later and I am still urinating a brownish color.

Will my body heal, or do I need to go back the the ER, to where they can't refuse your treatment even if you do have crappy insurance...

I just want to stop being physchologically and physically dependent on this and anything else.

How long until I start to urinate clear again?

These are not good signs at all. I had liver failure. Along with kidney failure along with it. Due to accidental overdose of Tylenol.
I am very alarmed at what you are telling me. What color are your eyes and skin? Do they have a yellowish cast or even orange color?
Look at the whites of your eyes very carefully.

Are you having pain or itching, stinging, on your right side? Is your stomach distended? Are you swollen, look filled with fluid?

Listen to me please. Stop taking the Kratom immediately! Don't ever take it again. Drink as much water as you can. Eat a lot of mushrooms, just regular saut?ed mushrooms. Don't drink any soda pop and eat very healthy. Return back to the suboxone or they only give me morphine because it is very pure and very easy on your liver. Do not take anything with Tylenol in it. Avoid all medications. Everything is toxic to in this state. I don't know how easy on the liver suboxone is but I don't think it has any Tylenol or anything in it. You would be better to return to that. No more kratom! I have been warned as someone who has had liver failure to never use that and I have read reports of others who have reported liver problems with kratom.

Problem is you don't really ever know what you are getting with that kind of thing too!

Now listen, you are in serious danger but your liver can regenerate itself. It is the only amazing organ in the human body that can regenerate itself if given the proper environment, no toxins, and good nutrition. The milk thistle is good but not too much of anything. Stick to pure, pure things. Your body is in a toxic state.

Please report back on the questions I asked and keep drinking water only! Filtered clean water. Let me know what color your urine is today.

Please feel free to private message me if you would like to speak privately.

I don't mean to alarm you but you need to be alarmed! Get back to me ASAP please!

No other drugs! Let me know what you are taking so I can help you.

Prayers going up for you!

I understand. I?m 68 yo weaning down from top of the scales of all the opiates from pain management down to 15 mgmorphine ir 2 x a day and 2. X 15. Ms -Contin 2xa day. I?m ready to just stop but going to start cutting the 15s in half and wean on down also weaning Ativan from 4 x1mg tablets a day to 2 1mg a day and breaking them in half sometimes I wonder if this dropping is worth it but since I?ve stopped working (plumber) and getting nerves burned in my back(RFA) the pain is practically gone do maybe the last few yrs of my life can be clean ! I hope!

I understand. I?m 68 yo weaning down from top of the scales of all the opiates from pain management down to 15 mgmorphine ir 2 x a day and 2. X 15. Ms -Contin 2xa day. I?m ready to just stop but going to start cutting the 15s in half and wean on down also weaning Ativan from 4 x1mg tablets a day to 2 1mg a day and breaking them in half sometimes I wonder if this dropping is worth it but since I?ve stopped working (plumber) and getting nerves burned in my back(RFA) the pain is practically gone do maybe the last few yrs of my life can be clean ! I hope!

If I've understood you correctly, you are still on 60mg of MS Contin day ("2. X 15. Ms -Contin 2xa day") and 30mg of IR morphine a day ("15 mgmorphine ir 2 x a day") making a total of 90mg morphine per day..

This is a lot of morphine to just stop dead even if you are no longer in pain as you say. You would likely have some severe withdrawls from this if you stopped dead as you mention you've been in pain management for a long time and have tapered down to this level from a lot higher doseage..

I think you should definately taper down some more you will likely have some nasty withdrawls stopping dead from 90mg/day (which is quite a lot). You could maybe try stopping dead if you really want to just to see how bad the withdrawls would be, but I think they will be pretty bad.

Either way, best of luck to you and let us know how you get on man...

Last edited:
Thats the alternative to the opiate crisis. Make it really hard for people that need it or lets just straight cut them off. China your ok shipping out that fentenal no regulations.
Gee whats a withdrawling pain patitwnt supposed to do. All I know is that bag of heroin wont seem so out if the question.

If only everyone had the control and was aware that if you want your opiates to be an enjoyable chemical to last a lifetime, you've got to set up a rigid (and infrequent) schedule. Once a week, for instance, would be a good guideline.

Stray from those guidelines and addiction will likely occur.

Another thing that people should be aware of (and that I was not until it happened) is that even if you are considering that an addiction is something you are comfortable with (heh, I had that kind of mentality at first, I just didn't care I guess) the problem is that the euphoria will go away down the road. Then you're really fucked.

That is so true...