• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Adderral + Tramadol?

Mf_Mayhem

Bluelighter
Hey everybody,

I took some Tramadol about 3 hours ago (100 mg), and now I am needing to clean my house and do other various things and am needing a little extra energy. Would it be relatively safe to take a very low dosage of IR adderrall? Thanks.

You might get away with it at low doses but as tramadol is a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor and amphetamine releases norepinephrine, and both lower the seizure threshhold, this is unwise and a potentially problematic combination. From a harm reduction perspective, don't.

The risk is fairly remote, even academic, but bad effects are not impossible. A seizure is probably unlikely given low doses but some unpleasant peripheral physicality might come around. It sounds like you're going to go ahead and do it. So I'll get less academic and say you will probably be OK but it is always better to tread carefully. This is a combination which by the medical resources is not outright contraindicated, but rather says "use caution," so you ought to just do that. That said in these doses you'll probably be OK. If you plan on escalating them, exercise a bit more caution.

Yeah, I don't take these things to get high, i just have no energy with full time job, kids, house to clean, laundry, errands, etc. etc. etc. I definitely appreciate your input and advice. I went ahead and took the 10 mg. Will keep my experience posted for anyone that might find themselves in a similar situation.

Just be mindful of dosage. If they were both recreational doses, there would be a high probability for a seizure occuring.

You should be fine with that 10mg dose.

Just an update, everything turned out fine, and there were no negative effects. I appreciate your info and concern!