• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall XR

domesticaffair

Bluelighter
Pretty simple question: Since XR is half immediate and half delayed, if I have a 30mg XR, does it release 30mg immediately and 30mg later or 15mg immediately and 15mg later? Googling around didn't really help.

the way i understand XR works
is you will instantly get 15mg of it then over the course of a few hrs the other 15mg in your case

the way i understand XR works
is you will instantly get 15mg of it then over the course of a few hrs the other 15mg in your case
Thanks. I was just wondering because IR also comes in 30mg, which makes me wonder why XR doesn't come in 60mg.

not sure why it doesn't come in 60mg xr

Because it is one dose per day version of an instant release version that would, in most cases be taken more than once a day.
So as seen in earlier replies the dual release (IR then extended release 50-50 ratio) is the logical reason why if the highest dose if IR is 30mg the XR highest would be 60mg.

Simple.

He's asking why it doesn't come in a 60 mg xr, and my guess would be that they may be concerned with people defeating the time release? And 60 mg instant would be a lot to handle?

He's asking why it doesn't come in a 60 mg xr, and my guess would be that they may be concerned with people defeating the time release? And 60 mg instant would be a lot to handle?

I totally miss read his question, sorry.
Thanks for pointing it out, 8).

Many people, myself included, get a dose of regular instant release prescribed to take around noon/early after noon to go along with their morning XR dose. Something to look into for those who find one dose of XR doesn't cover them throughout the day.

I know that wasn't the original question, but decided to throw this little bit in as the OP's question had been answered correctly (30mg XR capsule = 15mg instantly + 15mg 4 hours laters).