• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall XR 20mg

Haroldm814

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, this is my first post here at bluelight!

Anyway, I was prescribed Adderall XR 20mg once a day in the morning and I took my first pill at 9:37AM today. I'm a 20 year old junior in college and was diagnosed with ADD/ADHD & Social Anxiety Disorder last Thursday. Due to my doc being lazy and my insurance being jerks I didn't get to start until today (Sunday)

I didn't really feel anything and as I'm typing now (12:24PM) It's almost 3 hours later. But, my friend called me and I was talking on the phone and noticed I didn't mind talking as much and I actually contributed more to the conversation and I was also on my laptop browsing the internet. Usually I can't multitask and let alone talk on the phone and do something else while still pay attention to the conversation.

My question is, how am I supposed to feel? I've taken adderall once before and it was 10mg IR and that gave me a euphoric rush and I definetly wanted to sit down and do my studying. I'm not feeling that euphoric rush with the XR. Now, granted this is my FIRST pill and it's been a whopping 3 hours but I'm still curious. I've been reading about potentiating the effects and I downed a teaspoon of baking soda in water about 15 minutes ago. I didn't do it before I took the pill because I didn't know about it so will this have any affect? Is there anything else I could try instead? Should I give it a week and see if I still don't notice anything radical and then call my doc?

Sorry for the long first post but I hope I made my questions clear.

Also just wanted to say this place rocks! It's great to have a community where people wanna help each other out!

It's working going by how long and rambling your post is, also, you made it clear that you're able to multitask, that is one of the desired effects of amphetamines.

Sounds to me like your Adderall is working just fine.

It's working going by how long and rambling your post is, also, you made it clear that you're able to multitask, that is one of the desired effects of amphetamines.

Sounds to me like your Adderall is working just fine.

My thoughts precisely =D

I was thinking about the fact that I did make a pretty long and detailed post but I suppose my main concern was the absence of the "tingly" 'get-shit-done' feeling I got with the 10mg IR I took

Well it's 5:00 now and I'm still not bouncing my legs like usual. I've done nothing but watch football today (Giants baby!) but I haven't noticed anything significant. I haven't experienced the euphoric rush at all and didn't notice and "tremendous" increase in desire to do something like I did when I took the 10mg IR.

I'm debating whether or not to go the my local pharmacy tomorrow and see if I can switch the remainder of my pills for another generic adderall. The pills I have don;t say adderall xr as they are the generic kind.

Whats up dude!

I've been diagnosed ADHD when i was 6(And now i'm 18 ), I've been taking medication since that day.
(Took ritalin..taking adderall XR 20mg atm)
You won't feel any "rush" from my experience...
You will be able to focus on what YOU want..by that i mean not being distract by some random noise or other stuff that isn't important.

(Abit random)When i don't take my pill, i want to do EVERYTHING but at the SAME time (cooking,talking,eating..anything) and i almost never finish them...because i want to do something else!
But..when i take my pill..i can do whatever i want COMPLETLY and THEN do something else.
(End of the randomness)

IMO,Take the pills for a month or 2 and also don't take it expecting something amazing..You should really try them for a long period of time
and then stop them for like 2 days or so and you will see how it really works and how much it helps you.
Hope it helps abit!
Oh..sorry for my english,it's not my main language! :D

Well it's day 4 of me taking my 20mg in the morning and there are some side effects I'm feeling. I still don't feel my medicine kicking in but I would say I'm a little more attentive to what I'm doing and a little less irritable during the day.

However, I've had a few 10 minute periods where I got really anxious and nervous but I was able to calm down after that. About 6 hours after I take the pill though I get this sudden very noticeable sense of dread and sadness and it feels like there is a mental and physical weight being placed on my body. This lasts from 30minutes to an hour and a half, maybe a bit longer. My heart-rate is also increased for most of the day and about 20 minutes after I take my pill my heart is beating very hard, so I assume the pills really are working.

Gonna call the Dr. tomorrow and see what he says, maybe I should take a booster in the afternoon or more in the morning

With amphetamines, if you want to study, get shit done, be productive, etc. you take a lower dose than you would if your goal is to get high. Sometimes too high a dose can be over-stimulating and discourage its normal effects of increased attention, concentration, productivity. Now, that is usually with really high doses. You can still be happy as happy can be, and benefit from the productivity and what not amphetamines provide. Find what doses do you good for what you want.

Honestly I wanna get my life in order. They said I had signs of Social Anxiety Disorder and I'm convinced I suffer from some sort of depression or anxiety.

They also mentioned trying some SSRI's or antidepressants but they said sometimes Adderall helps with SAD too. I'm going to ask about those as well. If I wanna get high I'll go smoke my friend mary. Right now I want to feel "normal". I haven't been happy in years and I have trouble focusing in school.

Getting high is not my objective. Not that you're implying that! Just letting everyone know.

This is about ritalin 5mg, i got bored and snorted 2 of them and found myself feeling very aware and alert but nothing else. The next day i snorted 4 and felt extremely aware, more so than i have in my entire life, an hour later i started to come down and felt my self feeling depressed. an hour after that i snorted 8 and parchuted one....after 5 minutes i couldnt sit still i had to be constantly doing something, while on it i was not without a cig. I wasnt high but i was, i felt amazing, but not the amazing u feel when u blow an oxy or opana...i was very very talkative and wanted to be out an about doing something of importance....but when i fought the need to do something and just sat there i was extremely focused and whatever i focused on seemed interesting no matter what it was, my thought process improved, i was constantly thinking about everything and anything. Bad thing was when i came down from it i was depressed for a while, not long maybe an hour at most. The other bad thing about snorting ritalin is once you start coming down all you want is to do more, i wasnt feinding for it like someone would a narcotic, i was fiending for the energy i got from it and the extreme amount of awareness it gave me

forgot to mention snorting hits u fast but fades faster, popping them it barely hits you, and parachuting doest hit you as fast as snorting but is faster than popping...parachuting also makes it last longer

I am not diagnosed with add/adhd but when I take adderal (around 60 mg) it produces a feeling of euphoria, it used to make me feel speeded up in terms of ehart rate, but more recent times ive done it has made me feel actauly relaxed and very focused. I use it to get work done for school and it helps me concentrate very much

Parachuting?

forgot to mention snorting hits u fast but fades faster, popping them it barely hits you, and parachuting doest hit you as fast as snorting but is faster than popping...parachuting also makes it last longer

I'm new to this site and am going to be prescribed Ritalin or adderall here soon...therapist supports the ADHD and social anxiety diagnosis and is going to consult with my primary doc to get the ball rolling.
Any hoo...what is parachuting?
I did a lot of drugs back in the day, but have never heard of parachuting..I'm kind of naive too though hahaha
Thanks so much!!