• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall Withdrawl (Please help me)

I agree with the last line. Adderall was the holy grail ( and sufficient for most ) until the scripts dried up almost as fast as the opies did. The addie lovers switched to meth and the opie lovers switched to heroin/fent. We were all relatively safe on the pharms and then BOOM. Big Fuck you to all of us addicts.

Some quit, some have to gamble with street presses, while others spend their time on the dark net. I completely understand that things were getting a bit out of hand with all the diversion of legit scripts ( living example ) but the alternative for addicted people was worse. At least with legit pharms we knew that our usual dose wasn't going to kill us.
I would buy some adderall right now for sure and wouldn't consider it a relapse - over any other drug. It's like a cheat code to life. It's an industry secret. It's huge in college and even highschool. It's popular among housewives. Everyone wants it.

It's a socially acceptable drug for all intents and purposes, like alcohol in a way.

There are A LOT of people looking for it.

and just like xanax bars it's one of the most faked pills everywhere due to young naive kids wanting to be mumble rappers or straight A students

However when I use adderall I only take like 30-40mg and I'm good. I don't try to get high off it. It's not meth I don't find it that euphoric if you have any amount of tolerance. I use it purely for work and study, also good for depression in my life. I miss my addy scripts ;(

from my experiences in the last several years every single IR adderall pill I bought was an RC. The XR pills are never faked though.

both IRL and on the dark net

but again it's really only the IR pills

the street demand on adderall is actually probably a lot higher than you think

Believe me I know it's pretty high lol

I just never heard of anyone having fake pills. Have you ever tested the pills you got?

There's even better stuff than amphetamine but agree that out of what's Rx-able it's one of the best drugs for sure. For me it worked on and on (less than 20mg/d or 60mg lisdex) unlike any other drug besides maybe dissociatives but they have a worse tolerance curve and toxicity.

Oh how I'd love to have some here right now. Need go to a doc I suppose but sadly they are cracking down on the good stuff everywhere. Just in Switzerland it was easy as fuck to get some scripted, I just told them I could work better with and ok, how much you need?

Have you ever tested the pills you got?
I didn't, no. They were pretty easy to ID as RCs based on their ridiculous tolerance gain and slightly different effects profile. I am not familiar with stim RCs, never fucked with em, but with these "adderall" pills were very easy to identify as fake after taking them for a few days. After 3 days taking 100mg did fuck all and gave almost no buzz. I've had adderall scripts off and on for 20 years I'm super familiar with the drug, even high tolerance you would still feel half that amount if it was real addy.

also the fact that these dealers had seemingly very large stock... and they were very cheap... easy to spot presses

It's sad but logic that the worse of RCs are flooding the streets. These vendor know nothing but business and guess the shit the more reputable ones don't want to sell ends up in fake pills and fake coke etc..

It's easy to sell fake drugs to the young and naive drug users who don't know any better. Very easy...

I'm not surprised the RC industry is so big and it's only going to get bigger and bigger

I'm not surprised the RC industry is so big and it's only going to get bigger and bigger
The pending ban in the Netherlands will have a big impact though I guess but more in that serious shops will vanish and we'll be left with shady street stuff. Makes me sad.

The pending ban in the Netherlands will have a big impact though I guess but more in that serious shops will vanish and we'll be left with shady street stuff. Makes me sad.
what, they're making amphetamines illegal over there?

At least you guys still have good K and MDMA 8)

I get jealous of EU markets... only thing US has is fent and meth 😿

what, they're making amphetamines illegal over there?
Not just amphetamines but as far as I understand it (there's no public text yet) they'll first ban a bunch of RCs in the next months and next year comes a blanket ban a la UK. So no more quality RCs from NL.

Yeah me jealous too, just tried to import a sample g of DCK and it hangs at customs, will probably get binned even when it's fully legal here :(

I love the DNM listings for “adderall” showing “unlimited quantities” and picturing hundreds of pills. Yeah, adderall, uh-huh, right….

Unless you see the (prescription) bottle the “adderall” you’re buying is either pressed Meth or RC’s.

I love the DNM listings for “adderall” showing “unlimited quantities” and picturing hundreds of pills. Yeah, adderall, uh-huh, right….

Unless you see the (prescription) bottle the “adderall” you’re buying is either pressed Meth or RC’s.

^I didn't realize it was that bad, doesn't sound like you could even trust a script bottle. Probably revise that to "unless you saw the pharmacist dispense them"

^I didn't realize it was that bad, doesn't sound like you could even trust a script bottle. Probably revise that to "unless you saw the pharmacist dispense them"
I'd second that.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. You go searching the DarkNets for "adderall" and there's dozen's of listings for unlimited amounts (usually picturing big bags full of hundreds, if not thousands of pills).

At least on the Darknet most of the vendors list "pills are pressed" at the end of a very persuading description. I.E. "100% Legit adderall 30MG for only $5/Pill! Unlimited quantities available! Pills are pressed."

Once they hit the street they are sold as 100% legit, no mention of the fact they were pressed.

As Snafu said it's cake-easy to sell fake pills to most young and naive users, as they really don't know the difference between legit adderall and RC's, unless they've been prescribed legitimately for years prior. It's even worse with low-dose Meth, which is just like adderall, only better. I'm sure there's thousands of people out there right now thinking they have the greatest hookup for adderall on the planet, because the cost is cheap and the high is amazing! Yeah, your not getting adderall, you're getting low-dose Meth pressed into pills..

Last edited:
Got it. Do you guys think between the supplements and caffeine I'll still be functioning if I full send and cold turkey them? Can always keep half of a 30 on me in case of emergencies I suppose. I appreciate the advice, has really put my mind at ease. Can't believe this lasted as long as it did. Almost feels like time has been fast forwarded.
Technically stimulant's especially oral amphetamine's aren't that dependency forming. So 'coldturkey' implies just stopping at once, not withdrawal's.

My own experience with dextro-Amphetamine, main component of Adderal, is quitting cold turkey isn't near the WD of Opiod's, just as a reference. But what you describe is very recognizable, feeling sluggish/ hard time getting started. It will pass in time, if you stay turkey ;)

Tapering also eases this.

Yeah, it depends on to what you compare. Opioid withdrawal is definitely another level than what - specially when dosed in therapeutic amounts - amphetamines can give you. There is a rebound/withdrawal but it's primarily lethargy and sleepiness for me, with meth there is some depression but again as one's so sleepy, most of it can be slept off in short time. There can be some PAWS which tends to be trickier than acute withdrawal but still, no comparison to opioids or serotonergics. In the end the dopamine and adrenaline systems are kinda designed for fluctuations.

If it's becoming too strong or one has to work/go to school etc. then memantine can really help, or of course any stimulant for a short tapering. For depressions I'd imagine that venlafaxine might be a good choice, it's different from most ADs in that it works pretty much instantly instead of requiring 2-4 weeks latency. I don't really know why but have the hunch that it's a slight releaser like the cousin tramadol - also don't use it for longer than necessary because venla withdrawal is worse than amph one.

Hey pumpkin, thank you for the reply. These were definitely not prescribed. I honestly never thought I needed anything like adderall, but I had trouble with motivation after a work day and tried it one day. It felt good, I haven't done really any drugs since my dope days besides the occasional cocaine night out once in a blue moon. As far as dosage, it would be more like I'd get off, take a 30mg IR, wait an hour, take another, etc. I was so tired still after a month or so of this that I'd take a couple more to feel the effects again. I'm convinced it has been extreme fatigue/exhaustion as my sleep quality has been awful. Keep in mind I work 11 hour days, train jiu-jitsu at a fight team 3 nights a week, see the gf once or twice a week. Even on those nights I would take adderall, just not as much as if I was home.

I actually hate benzos and have had 2 klonopin sitting at my house for around 4 months now. Haven't touched them. If you think they may be beneficial I'd be willing to take them. This week I've been getting actual sleep and going to bed early but waking up I am so tired and so out of it.
How the hell did you fuck your girl on all that addy? Whenever I take it, my dick shrivels up and no way to get hard....

Tolerance. Sometimes you get complete tolerance, so that a high dose works like a low one. On therapeutic dosages of dexamphetamine (I never took racemic amphetamine yet) I don't get shrivels but I know it from recreational dosages of other stims like 3-/4-MMC, these are bad in terms of vasoconstriction and cardiac load which is what causes shriveling. I guess adderall is worse than dexamph but with tolerance one maybe can still 'perform'.

Memantine has a ton of anecdotal evidence for treating withdrawal. Adding Zinc and Magnesium (Go with glycinate) to your stack will also help, as amphetamines deplete both of those.
The other thing you could try is slowing down your taper if possible. Instead of halfing your dose, reduce by 1/3rd at a time. (e.g. go from 60 to 45 to 30 to 20 to 15 to 10 to 0) It depends on if you've been taking XR or IR, and obviously everybody has slightly different ideal taper regimens.

@roflcakes3503 I have never taken Adderall but I have used large amounts of amphetamine sulfate, dexamfetamine and methamphetamine for long periods (separately, at different times) and then had to stop. I think a lot of people over-estimate how bad stopping stims is going to be. Especially former opiate users who have experience of being dope-sick which is a whole different thing. Based on your relatively short period of use and the fact you managed to half your dose to 60 mg with little trouble, I don’t think you are really looking at a whole world of pain if you cold turkey.

I would suggest clearing your schedule (work/training/gf) for 2-3 days. Don’t take a dose for 12 hours prior to this period starting. Just give in to the tiredness and lethargy and stay in bed for how long you need. It should definitely not be longer than 2 days. Even after months on meth the crippling bed-ridden crash is only about 2 days. If during that 2-3 days you find you are all sketched out, jittery, or anxious and unable to sleep definitely take a benzo or a seroquel if you can get hold of some. The more you are awake during this 2-3 days the more the risks you will experience psychological distress: anxiety, panic, depression etc, all of which can feel very life threatening the first time you go through it on amps (though by all accounts much less so on Adderall than say meth).

After 2-3 days you’ll feel your mind coming back together and sharpening up and you’ll get a burst of energy (relative to how you were feeling). At this point you want to re-enter your normal routine and if you don’t already, start a regular morning exercise routine. Even if it’s just walking around the block first thing you wake up it sets you up mentally for the day with a sense of achievement and gives you a boost of energy and optimism.

Because you have a very busy active life I don’t expect that you will get sucked into post-amp anhedonia much - especially with the jiu-jitsu. That will do more than anything too help you heal and get back on track.

I've been getting real Adderall for fifteen years now. I know I guy that sells his entire script of 30mg XR's every month, he's been selling them since high school. I remember I once bought a kid a 26 of vodka in exchange for 30 25mg XR, but that was years back. They used to be very cheap if you had a good connection. Now its gone up but at least I know I'm getting the real thing. I only had the instant release a few times, all from the same guy and I really enjoyed them I just take it for concerts and parties every couple weeks because I don't like drinking and it helps me socialize. My other friend is a functional addict though. He buys most of the script and has one of his own. I don't know how he feels it, doing 60mg a day after almost fifteen years but I guess now it's more about maintaining his habit than getting any actual effects. Stimulants- especially amphetamines are some of my favourite drugs overall but possibly because I never got hooked on them. Did meth a few times and it was probably one of the best feelings I've ever experienced but I've never felt the extreme urge to redose or buy more. Adderall can be very useful in school, business and social situations as long as you don't overdo it. Used to hate the comedowns but then I was prescribed BZDs and comedowns haven't been a problem since. If you're trying to come off of it I'd recommend a couple of benzos for sleep and anxiety/depression other than that you should just try and rest for a couple weeks and get back to a regular sleep schedule. There shouldn't be many withdrawal symptoms other than fatigue, depression and anxiety or apathy but they usually resolve after a couple weeks off of it. If you overdo stimulants eventually your body hits a wall where no matter what you take, dexedrine, meth, E, you're so exhausted, burnt out, sleep deprived and hungry that you don't even feel stimulated anymore. Your body simply lacks the energy to continue. This was after a massive binge on coke, dexedrine, E and cheap meth however, I learned my lesson after that. I wouldn't worry too much with the amount you're taking and the absence of any other stimulants. The withdrawal from BZDs and opioids is another matter though.

Last edited:
What @The Wizard of the Creek says is totally true and I really wish more people would believe it. Especially young people in the last years of high school or in college.

I’ve been a stim fiend on and off for 30 years with varying patterns of use running from shooting coke 20 times a day to just taking low prescribed dexamfetamine on work days.

My life has bounced between total clusterfuck and really significant academic and corporate success. I’ve been fired 3 times from executive jobs earning over $200k, I flunked out of undergrad twice, I started and dropped out of postgrad at least 3 times, fucked up two marriages ….the list goes on but you get the drift.

The only time I was ever really on top and totally in control of my life was on prescribed dex, Just 30 mg a day. And often I’d only take 15 or 20 mg. I achieved everything I wanted to and really felt my full self doing that.

Amphetamine highs are so delusional. Same with coke. Because they work on your ego and you start believing it when it tells you how fucking awesome you are.