• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall Withdrawl (Please help me)

roflcakes3503

Greenlighter
Good morning all,

I got myself into a difficult situation and I'm desperately asking for your help. I'm working now and will make this as shortened as possible to get to the point.

Around 3 months ago I started using adderall to help me get things done after my work day. I didn't read enough on dosage and just took it til it felt good. Used to be addicted to intranasal heroin around 3 years ago, so I do have an addictive personality. This adderall use turned into a habit, and for the past 3 months straight I've been taking high doses of adderall. Usually around 120mg a day (stupid, I know.). I decided I want to stop taking them, so I cut back to 60mg for the week and will drop to 30 next week, treating it similar to an opiate taper.

During my couple of months of binging I was sleeping 4 hours a night on average. Since I dropped the dose in half, I have been getting 6-8 hours but I wake up extremely hazy and confused most mornings. Keep in mind I was typically dosing strictly in the evenings. The first couple of mornings I legitimately was sleep walking after my alarm went off with only partial consciousness. It wouldn't be until my alarm woke me up a second time that I would be conscious enough to comprehend what was happening around me. This has started getting slightly better, I get up every morning at 530am to get ready for work, but I'm wondering if this is a normal occurrence? I end up being so tired first thing in the morning that I need 3 separate alarm clocks to get me out of bed. I'll briefly fall asleep while standing up, have trouble s staying awake driving to work (I work in a luxury car line, professional setting), fall asleep at my desk, etc. Once I take a dose of adderall and drink a coffee I'm back to functioning, but the first half hour of my morning is kind of scary.

I want to know if there's anything I can do to help this, and if this is expected when coming off of a high dose of this shit. I currently take supplements to try to help with brain fog. Those consist of ground mushroom capsules (lions mane), rhodiola. GABA, 5htp, mens multivitamin, L-Tyrosine, fish oil, ashwaganda, vitamin b12, vitamin d. They seem to help during the day, and I'm committed to continuing to taper off of this shit entirely, I'm really just seeking peace of mind that this is normal at this point. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it, and thank you so much for your time today.

Love and light

Hi. Is this scripted adderall? 30 mg IR so you were taking 4 at a time? Surprised you got any sleep at all seeing as you were dosing in the evening and not in the morning. So you worked all day, came home and high dosed the addy and still slept 4 hours before waking for work again ?

No wonder you are exhausted. It is going to take awhile before you get back to your baseline. You still take them at lower dosages so once you get off of them totally it may be several weeks until you start feeling better. For your piece of mind I would say that this is pretty normal for trying to recover from high dose adderall binges.

Benzos and Lyrica would certainly help but for those of us with an addictive tendency ( like me ) these substances often do more harm than good. Eat well, sleep as best you can, exercise and lots of fresh air will help but it might be a bit before you start to feeling like your old self. Good luck.

Hey pumpkin, thank you for the reply. These were definitely not prescribed. I honestly never thought I needed anything like adderall, but I had trouble with motivation after a work day and tried it one day. It felt good, I haven't done really any drugs since my dope days besides the occasional cocaine night out once in a blue moon. As far as dosage, it would be more like I'd get off, take a 30mg IR, wait an hour, take another, etc. I was so tired still after a month or so of this that I'd take a couple more to feel the effects again. I'm convinced it has been extreme fatigue/exhaustion as my sleep quality has been awful. Keep in mind I work 11 hour days, train jiu-jitsu at a fight team 3 nights a week, see the gf once or twice a week. Even on those nights I would take adderall, just not as much as if I was home.

I actually hate benzos and have had 2 klonopin sitting at my house for around 4 months now. Haven't touched them. If you think they may be beneficial I'd be willing to take them. This week I've been getting actual sleep and going to bed early but waking up I am so tired and so out of it.

Yeah, man it really sucks when all we want to do is get some energy to do a little bit of stuff besides just working all the time. And the addies will for sure make that happen. But as you found out ( as well as I have, just not with addies), it is a big slippery slope that finds us sliding down into the abyss and struggling to get the hell back out. Sucks when we have to work so hard just to get back to the way we were before we started having way too much fun with the substances. We love them and they hate us.

I would take one of those kpins to try and get some rest without interruptions. Our bodies and minds heal faster during sleep. Even 7 days of kpins wouldn't be too bad if 7 days was it and no longer. Have you ever taken kratom? It could be your best friend right now while you are easing off the addies.

I can definitely take a week of kpins with no issue as far as making it habitual. That being said I do still have to work, and I can't afford a week off. Does tapering to 30mg next week to 15mg the following and so on work the same way it does with opiates?

I've tried kratom and would be open to doing so again, but have been on suboxone for 2 years now. Likely would negate the effects of the kratom entirely. That's a whole other animal, but I've dropped that dosage from 16mg at the start to currently 8mg a day and lowering every couple of months. Really want to be completely drug free, but working where I do is demanding and requires mental clarity for the most part. It is beyond difficult to cold turkey anything without extensive time off, and although covid allows that time off to be possible, I really can't let my income take that big of a hit. I'm in a strictly commission based sales role.

Also have some ketamine and access to more if that would be beneficial in any way. Was reading about how it helps with depression in low doses, which I'm sure I will experience when completely stopping. Any thoughts on this being a good idea?

Ok. I see about the subs. Now I'm not surprised you got into the addies so deep. And yes, kratom won't help with 8 mgs of subs in ya daily.

Actually stim tapers and CT don't really make your body do weird things like shit, vomit, sweat, sneeze and basically want to curl up and die.

I hear that it's a real mind fuck, as opposed to a body one, and here is where I have to bow out as I have never done a stim for exactly the reason you posted. So I can only help as I have read other threads like yours and that is what I got from what other people wrote.

If you can tough it out with just a week of kpins it will be your best bet. And if you continue to take addies just low dose them ( only 30 mgs ) and only a couple times a week.

Again, good luck.

Got it. Do you guys think between the supplements and caffeine I'll still be functioning if I full send and cold turkey them? Can always keep half of a 30 on me in case of emergencies I suppose. I appreciate the advice, has really put my mind at ease. Can't believe this lasted as long as it did. Almost feels like time has been fast forwarded.

Don't overdo it on the caffeine. Caffeine makes people jittery and nervous instead of calm. No energy drinks either. Sounds like you need energy so google dopamine and recovering from a binge. It will probably give you a list of foods, supplements, drinks, and activities to speed up homeostasis. Try and get natural energy like fresh air, a brisk walk, masturbate.........anything to get the ol motor revving naturally.

And yeah, time speeds up when our mind and body are racing. It will get better. You just have to be patient with yourself. It won't happen overnight.

Breathe......take another breath. In time you will say fuck the addies. They help people when taken as prescribed but for those of us that like to abuse meds it turns into a shit show real fast.

Yeah most of the supplements I'm taking are for binge recovery. I think that's part of how I went this long without a massive crash. This is great advice and has been seriously helpful for me. Thank you.

Acquire memantine or a dopamine agonist (if necessary, you can "have" RLS syndrome to get one), this will help instantly and memantine is known for lowering tolerance so it shouldn't just move dependency like it might be the case with e.g. pramipexole but also I've taken 30mg's over the course of 2-3 weeks and had no rebound/withdrawa; at all. Also did months of memantine without nothing while some weeks of low dose meth gave me a strong depressive/dysphoric rebound..

With stimulants it's best to just rip the band aid off, at least in my experience. Trying to taper will just prolong the symptoms and while they might be a little worse stopping cold turkey it will be worth it to just power through
I completely agree. Complete cessation is really best with the stims.

@roflcakes3503 what type of pills are they? are they instant release?

just gonna throw this out there, if they are instant release and you live in the US there is a very high chance they aren't even adderall but an RC

sleep is so incredibly important man, you need to get it and I don't mean "I'll sleep in on saturday and catch up" it doesn't work that way

chronic sleep deprivation is one of the worst things you can do to your body, literally, permanent damage

I completely agree. Complete cessation is really best with the stims.

@roflcakes3503 what type of pills are they? are they instant release?

just gonna throw this out there, if they are instant release and you live in the US there is a very high chance they aren't even adderall but an RC

sleep is so incredibly important man, you need to get it and I don't mean "I'll sleep in on saturday and catch up" it doesn't work that way

chronic sleep deprivation is one of the worst things you can do to your body, literally, permanent damage

Agree with you on the sleep.

Have there been fake RC adderall pills going around? I get mine legitimately so I have never seen or heard about these

Yeah, chronic sleep deprivation brought me a full-on psychotic episode, something which isn't too rare and unfortunately can become chronic. Thankfully it remained to be a single one so far but when I stay up for more than 36-48h, sometimes residual symptoms come back. I have a bad habit of staying up as long as possible when using, one night can actually be pretty antidepressant but more than that and specially when it's a chronic habit, can quickly wreck oneself.

Agree with you on the sleep.

Have there been fake RC adderall pills going around? I get mine legitimately so I have never seen or heard about these
from my experiences in the last several years every single IR adderall pill I bought was an RC. The XR pills are never faked though.

both IRL and on the dark net

but again it's really only the IR pills

the street demand on adderall is actually probably a lot higher than you think

Yeah, chronic sleep deprivation brought me a full-on psychotic episode, something which isn't too rare and unfortunately can become chronic.
yes man!

Me too, there were other factors in my psychosis and resulting schizophrenia but chronic sleep deprivation was a major contributing factor.

I was sleeping maybe 4-5 hrs/night for 6+years... except I was also blackout drunk every night which prevents REM, I wasn't really getting any sleep at all.

You just can't do that! It's like if you worked out all day every day without ever taking a rest day - you are going to injure your body (in sleep case, your brain).

from my experiences in the last several years every single IR adderall pill I bought was an RC. The XR pills are never faked though.

both IRL and on the dark net

but again it's really only the IR pills

the street demand on adderall is actually probably a lot higher than you think
I agree with the last line. Adderall was the holy grail ( and sufficient for most ) until the scripts dried up almost as fast as the opies did. The addie lovers switched to meth and the opie lovers switched to heroin/fent. We were all relatively safe on the pharms and then BOOM. Big Fuck you to all of us addicts.

Some quit, some have to gamble with street presses, while others spend their time on the dark net. I completely understand that things were getting a bit out of hand with all the diversion of legit scripts ( living example ) but the alternative for addicted people was worse. At least with legit pharms we knew that our usual dose wasn't going to kill us.