• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall Withdrawal Fatigue

Thanks everyone for this thread. I am a downer person with an addiction to opiates and benzos. I've never done any uppers, except a little coke here and there (I hate the shit, just the way I am). I've always wondered what wd from amphetamines were like, and you guys pretty much answered my questions. Thanks..

Thanks everyone for this thread. I am a downer person with an addiction to opiates and benzos. I've never done any uppers, except a little coke here and there (I hate the shit, just the way I am). I've always wondered what wd from amphetamines were like, and you guys pretty much answered my questions. Thanks..

I was an IV heroin addict so I've been through all that, methadone withdrawals, all of the different opiates like fentanyl and morphine/dilaudid/oxy/etc., benzos I've tapered off so I've never really withdrawn from them - but adderall withdrawals are fucking nasty to the core. A few months ago someone stole my adderall script so I was without for about a week or so, and it was so bad - I was so tired and miserable and couldn't really get the energy to do anything. I was on about 60mg a day for only a few months and it was still bad. I'd say it's actually *almost* just slightly less worse than full-on opiate withdrawal, if only because of the greater amount of different terrible symptoms you are experiencing in opiate withdrawal. It's no joke, that's for sure.

I was on Adderall, most days, for a few weeks. Maybe 3-6 weeks, I forget. I haven't been on it regularly for a few weeks too, and I am fine.

It only took 2-3 days for me to get back to normal.

I was on meth for the same period of time, and had 1 day before I felt normal again. I was using it less frequently due to its intense duration. But I felt less coming down from it than I did Adderall.

i took amps for years before quitting... withdrawal lasted about 5 months.. acute about 2-4 weeks.. exercise helped a decent amount as did finding some new hobbies (not possible for several months due to the anhedonia)

^ya working out helps sooo much! even if you hate to even think of it.

I used to take....120mg of adderall a day for a few years. Quit it cold turkey and felt tired for 3 weeks. Eat healthy such as brown rice, veggies etc. Its mostly psychological. Get up and move and exercise.

I went through a period where I abused Adderall/Dexedrine/Ritalin depending on what was available, that period lasted about a year or so. Then I realized I needed to quit, the depression and fatigue were overwhelming but by some huge stroke of luck there was a bottle of Wellbutrin that had been sitting in my kitchen completely unused, I took one every day and by the third day I felt like a new person. I felt like the Wellbutrin reset my brain and I didn't even crave the amps anymore.

Of course eventually I just got tired of the Wellbutrin because it wasn't working for my depression anymore and I went back to Opiates with occasional trips to the land of rx amphetamines, however I don't let myself get carried away like I used to. The most I've done at one time since I started using them again was 30mgs of Dexedrine in one day. Now days I find if I use Dex daily for a few weeks I'll feel really fatigued when I stop for about two days, I usually start to feel better after the third day, by a week I'm back to normal.

Almost wish I'd never tried the things but there's no doubt that I'm a thousand times more productive when I'm on them and I usually only use them for work. I guess you always have to pay the piper one way or another.

Adderall withdrawals are absolutely brutal for me. For years I took adderall and ritalin recreationally and binged here and there when I could get it. For many years i was self diagnosing myself because I suffer from bad ADHD, dyslexia, anxiety and a hint of depression.

Eventually I realized I needed to see a doctor to help me feel normal. My doctor started me off with only adderall. 20mg (2 times a day). I laughed at him and told him 20mg I wont feel a thing. I attempted to follow his orders and eventually got bumpe dup to 30mg (2 times a day). I was on that for a little while. If I tried to take a "vacation" from the drug I would feel a little tired here and felt slow.

I eventually went to see a psychiatrist to treat me for my anxiety and depression. He switched me to taking 70mg vyvanse in the morning and 30mg IR in afternoon. Eventually my insurance would not cover vyvanse. He switched me to 30 mg adderall xr (double dose in morning) then take 30mg IR in afternoon. Next visit he wants to put me on a benzo or an anti depressant. Maybe even up my adderall prescription but I'm gunna tell him hells no.

When I attempt to take vacations from the stimulants the first day I feel exhausted fatigued and utterly stupid. I will sleep for 10-14 hours easily. The 2nd day the withdrawals are absolutely awful. It feels like I have been hit by a train. I can barely keep my eyes open. It feels like I'm floating in the sky. I feel braindead. I then have to take something to make me feel normal again.

I can only last a day and maybe a day and half without adderall meds. I'm going to have to slowly decrease my doses before I decide to quit for good. I've been through benzo and opiote withdrawals before. Those were awful and amphetamine withdrawals for me are just as bad

Pstyles89 - great information, thank you.

motiv311 - Thank you for the information. May I ask how long you were on the meth and the adderall and was it daily usage?

I am still pretty fatigued and I feel like I should be better by now. I think maybe this is as good as it gets and I just have to accept it? It's been 130 days.

That's cycically, not biblically. It wouldn't let me edit my post.

I took Adderall/Vyvanse off and on for about six years. I'd take high doses (prescribed!90mg of Adderall for a year and Vyvanse at 70-150mg/day. I'd take them till the bottle was empty, crash dvd quit "for good" for 2 wks to 3 months but.The withdrawal wss brutal and I never felt back to normal.

This time I'm 15 days off Vyvanse at 100-120mg a day. The first two weeks were hell. Then I remembered I'd been diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency in the past during amp withdrawal. So this a.m. I took 20mg of Cortef, (adrenal replacement hormone). The difference was amazing.

The point I'm making if that it's NOT normal to feel still so physically exhausted after four months. Or maybe it's typical but it's because amps run your adrenal glands into the ground while you're on them, insisting " more adrenaline, NOW" the whole time. So very your cortisol levels.checked. You might shorten your recovery by months just by giving these essential to life organs a rest while the rest of you tried to get back to normal by sleeping ad as much as possible.

And don't let anyone "guilt trip" you about being lazy. You'd have prolonged recovery.from major surgery and amps are harder on your body than that.

Hope thIs helps someone else in the future...
DagnyT

What a suitable topic for me to chime in on, as I personally find Detroamphetamine to be one of the God Father’s in harvesting an uncomfortable withdrawal.

I’m legally RX’ed IR 30mgs Adderall 2x a day, albeit I have been “binging and detoxing” amphetamine salt combinations (300-600mgs within 24 hours) for a few years….My longest run was 45 days averaging roughly 200mgs spaced throughout the day. I’m no dummy, so I obviously had perfect amounts of Clonazepam, GHB, and Xanax bars at my disposal. I’m a huge health freak and I just got full comprehensive blood work done and I’m the showcase of physical health. Mentally, that’s a different story ;-). I must add that during my binges, I consume of plethora of antioxidants, IM Glutathione, exercise, and follow a VERY strict diet.

Here are my 100% fool proof ways to combat amphetamine fatigue: TO FULLY FEEL FUCKING BASELINE AT 3-5 DAYS MAX!!! (No order of importance)

-Hydated- On the first day of your detox start drinking a minimum of a gallon of water a day. Everyone should be doing that anyways. I recommend water with a high Alkalinity.

-Eat…Don’t worry about eating healthy. You need calories before rest so indulge for the first day or 2 (believe me you’ll want to).

-Sleep…Turn off your fucking phone and alarm….plan your binge for a bank holiday lol…

-EXERCISE…There’s documented studies showing proven results that exercise decreases amphetamine withdrawal symptoms. No excuses just go and move.

-STAY BUSY!—- Whatever it is to keep your mind occupied. I personally like cleaning the house as that keeps my mind active and not at rest.

-Cyrotherapy Chamber- If you don’t know what this is: Google it and find one near you.

-Go outside and/or go tanning—-it makes you feel better. hands down.

-Since this is BL and a candor forum, benzodiazepines are a blessing during and after every part of stimulant use. Just be careful with addiction. I found a mixture of Clonazepam and Xanax bars mixed with good weed to help aid…

-I’ve been through every withdrawal in my life, and I think amphetamine withdrawal is worse than bento wd. I’ve eve experienced seizures from bento wd, so this isn’t my first rodeo.

Follow these rules, and you’ll be back to normal in 3 days assuming there’s a good 12-15 deep slumber in one of those days lol.

you know what's weird ...vyvanse -- 3-4 months of 300-600mg daily (well almost, one day taken every 5-9 to sleep) and I felt almost back to normal after just a day or two, but I had a lot of residual anxiety for a long time ...phentermine -- tried to CT off 3-4 months of 30mg daily (a high therapeutic dose) and felt like SHIT, like stupidly fucking depressed and an almost complete inability to move at all for over a WEEK. went back on a slow taper, currently I'm taking 7.5mg every other-2 days and while it may not be quite so crippling it's still fucking awful.
why did a therapeutic dose of damn phentermine fuck me up so bad when I bounced right back from heavy lisdex abuse? maybe because I was 8 years younger then? still just strange IMO.

I took dexedrine almost daily for 5 years. I've quit a few times over the last couple years, then gotten back on it for some reason.

The first week is the worst part of the physical withdrawal. I'm big into exercise, but I need to devote that first week to resting at home to recover faster. I'm back in the gym and back at work after a week. Some days I run out of energy faster than others in the first few weeks.

The worst part for me is the rebound appetite. The last time I quit was last Thanksgiving. By New Years I had gained 30 pounds. Losing the fat afterwards took some effort.

I was going through some personal issues a couple weeks ago, so I decided to get back on temporarily. Next month I'll have a whole 2 week vacation from work to quit again, for good this time. This time I mean it. I have an elaborate plan worked out to avoid getting fat this time.

you know what's weird ...vyvanse -- 3-4 months of 300-600mg daily (well almost, one day taken every 5-9 to sleep) and I felt almost back to normal after just a day or two, but I had a lot of residual anxiety for a long time ...phentermine -- tried to CT off 3-4 months of 30mg daily (a high therapeutic dose) and felt like SHIT, like stupidly fucking depressed and an almost complete inability to move at all for over a WEEK. went back on a slow taper, currently I'm taking 7.5mg every other-2 days and while it may not be quite so crippling it's still fucking awful.
why did a therapeutic dose of damn phentermine fuck me up so bad when I bounced right back from heavy lisdex abuse? maybe because I was 8 years younger then? still just strange IMO.

The more experience I have with stimulants, the worse the withdrawal gets when I quit. I feel tired for a week afterwards if I take ephedrine a few days in a row. Quitting is easier when you haven't used stimulants as long.

The more experience I have with stimulants, the worse the withdrawal gets when I quit. I feel tired for a week afterwards if I take ephedrine a few days in a row. Quitting is easier when you haven't used stimulants as long.

I've only really done stimulants for a few periods in my life ...3-5 months of vyvanse and occasional meth ~8 years ago, a few weeks at most of daily IV meth and nightly IV heroin ~3 years ago, and this past 3-4 months of therapeutic dose phentermine. oh yeah and not sure if this would count but I had a maybe ~5 month caffeine dependency not that long ago -- 650-1000mg/day for a couple months cut down to 320mg/day for a couple months then CTed. it is not like I've been using a lot of stimulants historically or for a consistent period of time in my life. =?

I didn't use opiates that much either. Somehow I still got to the point where taking a single vicodin gives me mild withdrawal afterwards. The infrequent use seemed to get my body used to going into withdrawal after short term use.

Stimulants might or might not work like that. I took things like ephedrine and adrafanil for years before I went through bad withdrawal the first time.

I'm going to take a long Aderrall "holiday" to reduce my tolerance. Question: Will I hinder this process if I take an OTC med with pseudoephedrine? I find pseudoephdrine mildly stimulating and it helps control my allergies.

Thanks for any replies.