• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall use for test taking

nickmisiu

Greenlighter
Finally got an account on bluelight and this is my first post so go easy on me guys :D

I am 6'4, and 170lbs

If one were to have a test that starts at around noon, when would be a good time and amount to consume the Adderall to help out with the test?

Also, I've heard many stories of Adderall giving people severe anxiety, so I was wondering if one could take .5-1mg of Xanax or Klonopin to lessen that side effect, and if that would negatively effect the test taking skills. As well, how hard would it be to fall asleep later on that night from the Adderall crash?

As well, if one were to use adderall for studying purposes, would a 20mg XR suffice?

Any advice is appreciated

Last edited:
Sorry to be a dick here. But adderall won't help you take the test man. If I were you I would use it to study for the test.

You will get a lot more out of it. Adderall can give some people anxiety. Doesn't do it for me until the comedown. Unless you get panicky save the Xanax for the comedown.

Smoking bud can make it smoother but some people find it does the opposite. Remeber this shit feels really good so be careful.

I see no benefit of taking it for use during the test. Like epiper said, it will be useful for studying. That's about it.

Personally, I don't care for smoking while on adderall or any other stimulants. It just ruins the clear headspace.

And I'm assuming this is really about you, not your "friend". Talking like that is against the rules here. No SWIM or anything of the sort. Other than that, welcome to bluelight.

So if one were to take adderall to study, with no tolerance, what would the effects be from just one 20mg XR?

I would recommend crushing up the beads. Expect great concentration and motivation to complete tasks.

Thank you for your help guys. So a 20mg XR pill crushed up is what you recommend? How long would these effects last? And should it be taken in the morning before classes or when already in a studying mood?

Probably around 5-6 hours, maybe more. You have zero tolerance so it could be more.

That will kind of be up to you. Most people seem to take it for solo studying sessions, like all night studying kind of thing.

Alright thank you. I think I'll take a full capsule tomorrow morning and see how much I can get accomplished and how I feel. I'll report back on this thread tomorrow haha :D

Adderall is a stimulant, it helps increase focus, drive, motivation, concentration (or at least it makes you FEEL like you're concentrating more - some studies show it doesn't make you perform any better than you would under a well rested condition).

People use amphetamine much the same way yu would have a cuo of coffee before you study.

Do not take benzos and THC beofre a test, either, that sounds like a recipe for forgetting a lot of the stuff you studied under stress. Unless you are normally in the habit of being st0ned for your tests and classes...

Like sekio says...It all has to do with state based learning. If you study high, or study tweaked then chances are you will do poorly on the test unless you are high or tweaked. If you learn something under the condition of being high, or being on speed, you will need to do so before the test.

OK I just made an account today so if this is wrong sorry fellow bluelighters but I have a question about Adderall, I haven't taken it in years since I was a teenager but only took it like once.. What is a good dose to stay focused but not get all strung out and not be able to sleep that night cause I vaguely remember taking it when I was about 15 I don't know what MG I took but I was up for 2 days and strung the fuck out but ive happen to come across 60 20mg IR adderalls( my buddy I live with went to jail and his meds where left so he asked me if I would put 100 bucks on his commissary for his meds(Xanax and Adderall)) I got a good deal cause I know someone selling these exact ones the pink ones with 2 scores so u can break it into 4s for 5 bills a piece.. But that was off topic what is a good dose to take with no tolerance?

Little off topic but a good dose is Probally 15-20mg If you just would like to focus. You still won't be able to sleep for a good 8 hours after your dose most likely.

I don't know what kind of test you're taking, but if it's anything that involves writing, I'd really advise against taking a stimulant with which you're unfamiliar. It doesn't do great things for your written literacy.

Experience thus far in school with Adderall.

I also just started taking Adderall about 4 months ago but I only take it maybe five or so times a month when I am having a day that I can only describe as "unable to concentrate or absorb information". I am a student who is 6'0" and 180lbs and I have taken it before going to school and have taken tests while on it. I have not experienced any anxiety or restlessness, etc. The main difference that I noticed was just me talking more but not ranting and also not having the "Oh no, I'm starting to daydream or just not pay attention while something is being explained feeling". The other side effect which is apparently common is having trouble sleeping when I take two doses in one day but this is not all the time, just on occasion. I only take 10mg - 20mg in the morning and it is Adderall IR not XR. I tried the XR and depending on when I would take it, I would have trouble sleeping obviously. While taking a test or doing school work in general, I have noticed that I am able to focus on the task at hand and usually unable to be distracted until I have completed it. So, it does help me and it allows me to kind of process information better so I can now think of an answer when before I would just guess or leave it blank.

I don't know about the other interaction with Xanax or Klonopin as I have only taken Xanax three times for anxiety which I would consider very normal considering the stressful situation at those times. So, I won't even pretend to know how to comment on that. I do know another student who takes Adderall everyday but they also said that without it, they can barely go to school because he needs the medication. This is exactly what I didn't want and why I actually requested less than what my doctor wanted to initially prescribe me. I guess they are used to starting people out on it for everyday use, sometimes twice a day. I myself have only taken it twice in one day a handful of times but usually because I needed to stay up later anyway. Sorry for ranting but as a teenager, I just wanted to put my experience out there as someone who does not regularly take it.

I can't say that it affected my writing which was mentioned before in the forum but every reacts differently. I made this account because I wanted to see what other people were noticing but to be honest, it's difficult to find a threat where Adderall is not being taken everyday. But, I have read a lot of very similar reactions after taking the medication and can say that it has made a difference for the better. I don't have school tomorrow so once again, sorry for the long rant although I tried to cover what the OP brought up to the best of my ability. Good luck and I hope it simply helps your overall focus and ability to retain information during test and general homework, etc.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I saw suggestion to crush the tablet up but is this for snorting it??? Also, I do not have the capsules with the small beads, just a pinkish pill that breaks up so easily that I have accidentally broken it and it starts to just dissolve in the mouth. If you are saying it is somehow better as far as effectiveness, can this be put in water and drank? I have obviously tried a few things so I am familiar with a couple of "Coke" episodes at parties.

Last edited: