• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall: tolerance and sleep help

tampaboy

Greenlighter
I started taking Adderall about a year ago and took it once a week to help me study for my school. Ive taken multiple breaks in between then and now, however I started back up again about a month and a half ago. I have a fairly decent tolerance, recently I've been using more recently than i usually do: about 2-3 times a week and dosing an average 30-40mg each time. As well, Ive also been recently taking one 200mg caffeine pill about 30 minutes after taking the Adderall to give it a little extra boost. My tolerance was about half of my dose I'm taking now a month ago (around 20mg). I understand amphetamine tolerances go up quickly and go down very slowly (if at all actually). My first question is what else can I do to keep my tolerance from going up even further due to the fact that I refuse to increase my tolerance past 40mg. I tried taking magnesium supplements for a while but didn't really notice a DECREASE in my tolerance when I was only taking Adderall once a week. But looking back it might have helped my tolerance stay at 20mg. Do you guys take magnesium and if so do you notice any tolerance benefits from it? Im pretty knowledgeable with scientific replies and would appreciate evidence that supports theories to help keep amphetamine tolerance's low (such as stomach pH when taking the adderall or on an empty stomach, which is what i usually do). Any responses are welcome referring to tolerances and I'm desperate to learn about new way's and theories that might help my tolerance!

P.S. im a bit new to the site and accidentally added sleep into the title, please ignore the sleep!