• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Adderall/ritalin/etc as a study aid

mr_mojo

Bluelighter
Is there any good resources on using stimulants like this? Pros/cons, safety, that sort of thing.

15 mgs of adderall NO MORE or you might keep redosing and eventually get amp psychosis

In small doses used with caution you could successfully use an amphetamine or amphetamine like drug as a study aid. In my case I ended up addicted to adderall. If anything it hurt my eduction. I did much better in school after I stopped doing stimulants. In high school I used ritalin as a study aid and I must admit it did help me. I went to a tech school for computers and would come to school all high on ritalin and spend the full 8 hour day sitting in front of a computer programming and enjoying it.

Ok, thanks.

I have read a lot of praise for Modafinil in these situations. It's also not a controlled substance in my area, so it is very easy to obtain.

Any experience on this? Is it soley useful for keeping awake or will it improve concentration too?

Adderall works great so long as you don't use recreational doses. Just remember most importantly, study tweaked -> test tweaked.

If you use one of those meds for studying do not ever take it recreationally, because you will(most likely) just ruin a good thing(assuming it helps you).

mr_mojo said:
Ok, thanks.

I have read a lot of praise for Modafinil in these situations. It's also not a controlled substance in my area, so it is very easy to obtain.

Any experience on this? Is it soley useful for keeping awake or will it improve concentration too?

i went to my doctor complaining about lack of concentration and asked about Modafinil since its not a controlled substance and he said its new and too expensive still (like $7 a pill!) so he wrote me an Rx for 10mg Ritalin, and now i'm on 5mg Focalin which i LOVE. they are calming, relaxing, yet give me focus, a little energy and concentration. not like opioids, but good enough. I prefer dexmethylphenidate to Adderall or Dexedrine

advice

Hi, Im new to this. I have heard that ritalin or modafinil will increace information retention and concentration. If i take this will it help me dtudy.? Has anyone here had any bad experiences or does it work well

Thanks

Ryan

i think the thread that says amphetamine vs ritalin has alot of info that might help you, and if you are in the US modafinil is really expensive unless you have some amazing insurance so im pretty sure it would be cheaper and easier to get something else, personally i got nothing out of ritalin and it didnt help me study, just made me nervous and jittery really bad, adderall IR has been helping me the most. but thats just me, id say check that other thread out too, for more help!

I myself prefer amphetamine. I'm currently on methylphenidate which also helps a lot.

I will not get dexedrine/adderal prescribed because my psych. knows i'm speed addict.

People seem to have quite different preferences on subject. I'm sure either one will be helpfull if used in moderation. You will have to find out what's the best choice for you yourself.

whatabout the uk would i get a script for adhd or general help me study for a while?

personally i use amphetamines with varying degrees of frequeny throughout the school year, and its definetly a big help, but VERY easy to become pschologically dependent as a study aid. sometimes i acutally overthink problems or get so focused on irrelevent details it ends up working against me, but it definetly makes math a helluva lot more fun...

I'm sure amphetamines or methylphenidate work even better, but I use an ECA stack (25mg ephedrine/150mg caffeine/100mg aspirin) for study aid. Does a good work on improving concentration and there's not really a comedown or side effects. It has helped some times when I had no people to study with (best option ever, if you find someone you are good at studying with, it's the best option out there, In my opinion). If I'm alone I'll just read for a few minutes, stand up, fiddle with something, sit back down, read, repeat...

I've been on Concerta, focalin, dexymeth, and amphetamine for years and ive never been addicted to it. I dont even like taking it but it does help with the ADD. Any explanation for why i can take them for years and stop during the summer and be OK?

I have a 10mg Generic Adderall. Should I take it before class? How long will it last?