• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Adderall not giving me the same high

witnesshopper

Bluelighter
Around a year ago I was scripted 20mg Adderall XR, I got a buzz almost every time and the experience was incredible, however I didn't like how long it lasted, and due too other complications it took me a while to get scripted Adderall ir, it's 5mg and I take 2 at a time twice a day, but I don't get the buzz at all, so I tried taking more, I just got a tight chest and an increased heart beat, so, why is this happening? And how do I get that same buzz I experienced with the xr a year ago? This is my first post so I apologize if this is the wrong forum, thx in advance :)

Were the 20mg XR brand name and the new 5mg IR generics?

-GC

If you still had an old capsule the brand name say Adderall on them and the generics don’t, one generic says M. Amphet Salts I know that much but it probably varies. If you have an old bottle it may say too, or old paperwork.

I’ll only mention this cuz I’ve noticed distinct effects between brand name Adderall and generics. In fact second to last time I got some it was brand name and 10mg was almost too strong for my uses, then last time I got generic 5mg and I ate 40mg in 2 days like it was nothing. Absolutely zero tolerance of course.

-GC

If you still had an old capsule the brand name say Adderall on them and the generics don’t, one generic says M. Amphet Salts I know that much but it probably varies. If you have an old bottle it may say too, or old paperwork.

I’ll only mention this cuz I’ve noticed distinct effects between brand name Adderall and generics. In fact second to last time I got some it was brand name and 10mg was almost too strong for my uses, then last time I got generic 5mg and I ate 40mg in 2 days like it was nothing. Absolutely zero tolerance of course.

-GC
In that case, then yes the xr were brand-name, the ir ones are "amphetamine salts"