• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall IR and Strattera together

TheSacredTree

Bluelighter
So, i had been taking Ritalin for years but just recently switched pharmacies as i got a job at one not too long ago. I've always had some trouble with Ritalin manufacturers but had finally found the perfect brand with Sandoz. My new pharmacy doesn't carry that brand though and despite working there, i was told they couldn't order it special for me so i was forced to switch to Adderall. With all the stimulants i have to take the IR tablet versions as the capsules are made of gelatin which i dont eat as a vegan and they give me horrible stomach cramps but this Adderall only lasts like 3 or 4 hours compared to the 6-7 i was getting off Ritalin.

I had to call the doctor today and ask if he'd be willing to make it 3 times daily instead of 2 which he said no to as "40mg is the maximum daily dose". Then he prescribed me Strattera to go with it and said the instructions will be on the bottle.

As i said earlier i work at a pharmacy and havent ever even heard of this stuff. I looked it up but havent been able to find info on whether these two should be taken together. Do they potentiate?

I know i ended up in full blown psychosis when i took Wellbutrin with Ritalin so how similar is this combination to that?

And is 40mg really even the maximum dose on Adderall?

Any help would be appreciated as for some reason asking these questions to my pharmacist coworkers would be kinda awkward since it's a C2.

40mg is the max in the labeling for Adderall IR. Wording is funny though. Says for children 6 and above but no mention of adults. People certainly are prescribed more but with a history of psychosis from Ritalin + Wellbutrin, may be hard to get more. This would also worry me with the Strattera + Adderall, probably less so, but they are not expressly prohibited from taking together. Dont see it that much though.

40mg is the max in the labeling for Adderall IR. Wording is funny though. Says for children 6 and above but no mention of adults. People certainly are prescribed more but with a history of psychosis from Ritalin + Wellbutrin, may be hard to get more. This would also worry me with the Strattera + Adderall, probably less so, but they are not expressly prohibited from taking together. Dont see it that much though.

He knows i had the psychosis but i'm also really against antidepressants so i just stopped taking them and he stopped prescribing them. He really wants me to take some sort or antidepressant though. The only one i really felt comfortable on was Remeron but i'm not even depressed so i took it for a whole year just to be on one but it didnt do a thing for me and i feel no different on or off of it.

But imo 60mg/day of Adderall spaced out how they should would be better for my health than Adderall and Strattera. I dont get psychosis from just the stims. And i take Klonopin during the day to keep away the side effects and Ambien at night to sleep anyways.

However, the strattera did go into prior auth at the pharmacy so maybe my insurance wont even cover it anyways.

I personally think Strattera is garbage but I guess some find it useful. I dont know, for narcolepsy the max is 60mg of Adderall. I know the conditions are different but toxicity would be the same. Maybe try XR?

I personally think Strattera is garbage but I guess some find it useful. I dont know, for narcolepsy the max is 60mg of Adderall. I know the conditions are different but toxicity would be the same. Maybe try XR?
Cant do XR unless it comes in tablet form. I dont do gelatin and some sort of ingredient in the orange capsuled ones causes terrible stomach cramps for me.