• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall HR Long term ?

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
I've gotten so many different answers regarding adderall--some think it's totally harmless and others feel that it is quite damaging mentally/physically.

But would 150 mgs once/twice a week (all in a day) cause any heart issues/brain harm over the course of a couple of years? Has anyone abused adderall and felt any mental/physical consequences if they take care of their body? Been at this habit for 2 years now and then take a break for a few days after dosing. Sometimes I'll do 2 days in a row here and there. Haven't noticed anything but I don't have plans to stop unless I have to.

PS-is there any way to potentiate the effects? Only take it orally.

Last edited:
Hi there, heavy addy user since 2014-2019 here.
I used to take upwards of 200 mg within 24 hour periods at the height of my ride (I weigh 110 lbs and am female.) So, I have hit the addy quite hard, and I too, used to worry if it would someday affect my body. To answer your question, no it has not. I have taken care of myself in all other regards, though. Eat healthy, take vitamins, drink water, etc.
I used to do a lot of research on potientation as well, and if you take tums 30 mins before ingesting it is said to help potentiate. Also, chelated magnesium is your friend.

Hi there, heavy addy user since 2014-2019 here.
I used to take upwards of 200 mg within 24 hour periods at the height of my ride (I weigh 110 lbs and am female.) So, I have hit the addy quite hard, and I too, used to worry if it would someday affect my body. To answer your question, no it has not. I have taken care of myself in all other regards, though. Eat healthy, take vitamins, drink water, etc.
I used to do a lot of research on potientation as well, and if you take tums 30 mins before ingesting it is said to help potentiate. Also, chelated magnesium is your friend.

Thank you so much for your response. I'm not against HR recommendations, but I quit some other addictions and it's been an up-and-down transition in life. I don't want to stop adderall use if I can't have anything else. I love addy and my script really does benefit me but I can't seem to control my use anymore at all. The addict in me does not want to stop and probably will not for some time.

Our quantity of use is very similar by the way.. so that's good to hear.

Why does tums potentiate it? I've heard of orange juice as well. Any other ideas to make more out of the effects?

I copied this from a different site, as it describes it better than I could myself. Orange juice is actually going to do the opposite.
"Because the calcium bicarbonate in the Tums will neutralize the hydrochloric acid in the stomach and make it basic, at which point the Adderall will turn from amphetamine salts, to freebases (same principle as the process using baking soda for cocaine) which are oils which being hydrophilic on the amine end and hydrophobic on the phenyl end is very lipophilic and able to cross the membranes necessary to get into the your system much faster than it would be as a salt in the acidic solution, which would occasionally still spontaneously freebase (giving it more ability to absorb that molecule) but not nearly as often, therefore not reaching the system nearly as fast. The net result will be faster absorption and higher bioavailability (it becomes effectively slightly stronger (more likely for side effects))."