• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall - Day in the life

qwerty101

Greenlighter
Hello all, new here, and looking for a bit of insight. Before I begin, to clear the air, I am prescribed Adderall, and speaking loosely, I am doing nothing illegal, however, would simply like to discuss with anyone here that is in relatively the same boat. Not a single sole knows that I have been prescribed Adderall for over a year, and I have no intension of revealing my secret, which frankly, has put me in a good place, both financially, and professionally. I would like to hear any and all feedback, should you, or someone that you know, lives a similar lifestyle, and any feedback will be greatly appreciated, because I have an "in denial" type of confidence, that all is well:

I am prescribed 40MG of Adderall IR / day @ 20MgX2/day.
I have been taking it roughly 16 months.
I chew tobacco (dip) virtually all day except when I am in the presence of clients.
I drink (roughly) 6-10 Beers per day (every day), beginning at whatever time I have no more appointment (usually around 1-2PM)
Due to the Adderall, right when I wake up, I do not eat, until dinner, the only thing I have in the AM is coffee with Coconut oil in it, and a "Superfood" Green vegetable drink.
I work from roughly 530 AM-530PM.
I work from home for the better portion of the day, with appointments with clients ranging in time throughout.

I have good energy, and am productive, throughout the day.
I am in "surprisingly" great shape. Cameo to that, I used to work out every day, for 5 years, and got in good shape, but have not worked out "seriously" for around 8 months. But people ask me all the time what I do to stay in shape, and I lye of course, saying I still work out haha.

My concern is, while I know this is extremely unhealthy according to any doctor (which I have not told mine of course) I have searched forums over and over again, and have never come across anything that really described this closely. Obviously Alcohol and Adderall do not mix well in terms of health, but I feel great, and either need some assurance that there are other people out there like me, or I suppose a coming to reality, and hear of any relative stories to convince me that what I am doing is a bad road.

Hopefully all of that makes sense, and again, I appreciate any insight.

I know, my post was more of a statement, I apologize. What I was searching for, is if anyone is in a similar lifestyle, given the 3 separate substances, and their daily, heavy use. I do eat, just only dinner, as I said, which is well balanced. And again, I know that my initial question may have been a bit too open ended, or perhaps I should be posting this elsewhere, for which I apologize, but I just looking for others that mirror this daily lifestyle even closely, and determine if what I am doing is absolutely abnormal, or if I am not killing myself with it, if that makes sense.

Just a couple of points. This lifestyle may not be sustainable in the long term.

You feel great now, but that could change. It is not uncommon for people to develop worsening side effects after taking a medication or drug daily for a long time. For example, a user may (will) develope tolerance to the positive effects of adderral while, at the same time, developing a reverse tolerance to some of the bad side effects. This may or may not happen.

Be aware of tolerance. You do not want to start increasing your dosage. You may have not felt the need yet, but you may in the future.

Also, it is not uncommon for long term drinkers to start experiencing more and more anxiety while not intoxicated. If you start to experience this anxiety, the Adderall can amplify it. Just be aware, if you start experiencing anxiety throughout the day before you start drinking it may be a sign it's time to cut back on the drinking and possibly the Adderall as well.

You will be able to sustain this lifestyle longer if you take better care of yourself. It is important to get regular excersize and to eat healthy. Right now you are not doing either. You feel good now but that can likely change.

I'm assuming the Adderall is prescribed. Do you genuinely need it for a medical condition?

The best advice is to eat healthy, excersize, only take the Adderall as prescribed (assuming you really have the condition it was prescribed for) and to only drink occasionally in moderation.

Be safe.

Here's your re-assurance: If you feel great, what's the problem? You're just thinking too much.

The problem is he is drinking and using stimulants which may be making him feel good but not actually be making him healthy. Think he gets that. I go through stretches like this with stimulants. For a few weeks or maybe a month its coffee for breakfast, nothing gor lunch, small dinner. I dont drink very often but take at least five times your Adderall dose and smoke a trillion cigs a day and generally feel great. But Im a bit of a fat boy too so eventually I cave and eat. Im not as concerned with it as you are though.

@ OP

Why do you use superfoods and at the same time drink too much alcohol and chew tobacco?

You should reduce your beer intake and stop chewing tobacco. I wonder what's more unhealthy chewing or smoking.

Have you tried going without beer for a while or are you addicted to alcohol? I wouldn't want alcohol during the day.

When you go to bed then the buzz feels good but having this feeling during the day sucks.

Also 40mg total seems pretty high. Isn't this above the dosage range? I wonder why your doc goes that high.

Why don't you switch to time-released amphetamines and see if you can get away with smaller doses?

The brain also needs energy especially when you take stims. If you're not hungry in the morning then you could simply get a good weight gainer
which contains complex carbs and protein. I eat the same stuff every morning. I mix 30gr whey, 130gr oats, some instant coffee and cocoa powder
for the taste in water and then drink it.

Last edited:
I'd be careful with the alcohol, but alcohol is such an awful substance for me. I can't do even semi-regular alcohol use, it makes me extremely depressed.

Adderall on the other hand, I love. I use it 3x a week or so at 30-60mg, but usually on the lower end of that. Just watch your sleep and make sure you eat enough, I personally don't like to use daily, but I have insomnia to begin with and I'm skinny because I'm allergic to dairy (you'd be surprised how much fat that cuts out) and have to put in some effort to keep my weight up at times. I like to eat something really fatty and caloric before I take adderall and while I'm coming down. And make sure you keep yourself hydrated.

I think Adderall is a drug that can be used in a way that's healthy enough, but not alcohol. Especially not daily. Just my 2cents.

Yeah, Adderall will cause psychosis and alcohol will fuel your degeneration. These are nasty drugs. Dopamine-involved stimulants will always cause psychosis and burnt-out exhaustion.

I take 75mg of armodafinil every once in a blue moon for stimulant. Otherwise, ALCAR + ALA, COQ10, and B-complex provide a ton of energy. Also phenylpiracetam every once in a blue moon.