Adderall compared to steroids

Bo1992

Ex-Bluelighter
Which would you athletes prefer to perform at your very best. Adderall or steroids?

Not sure if this is a joke lol. Two completely different things with two completely different purposes

Is this a serious question? Adderall hardly is a performance booster physically.. it may improve mental focus but ultimately I don’t think anyone can argue stimulants improve ones ability athletically.

On the other hand, steroids are proven to basically improve all areas of physical performance. It’s really no comparison

Steroids by far. Amphetamines have sometimes over stressed my body and caused me to perform worse even at relatively moderate doses. They also give me the shits which is a negative.

Steroids by far. Amphetamines have sometimes over stressed my body and caused me to perform worse even at relatively moderate doses. They also give me the shits which is a negative.
Yeah figured most athletes would lean roids

Well, it depends on the sport ofcourse, but amphetamine will open up the upper respiratory tract making breathing more efficient, increase aerobic resistance, raise blood sugar levels, increase bloodflow to skeletal muscles, increase motor coordination, lowers the response time, raise pain threshold.
This would only be useful in competition and would become counterproductive used in training, as using amphetamines several times a week is probably going to affect recovery.
As far as using it in competition I think it's impossible to not get caught, and I do not know of stimulants likely to pass undetected, although it could theoretically be possible to hide the existence of such a drug at least for a few years, if it existed.

Steroids offer much more pronounced advantages and there are ways to get around testing, as some agencies have ridiculous policies.

Last edited:
Well, it depends on the sport ofcourse, but amphetamine will open up the upper respiratory tract making breathing more efficient, increase aerobic resistance, raise blood sugar levels, increase bloodflow to skeletal muscles, increase motor coordination, lowers the response time, raise pain threshold.
This would only be useful in competition and would become counterproductive used in training,as using amphetamines several times a week is probably going to affect recovery.
As far as using it in competition I think it's impossible to not get caught, and I do not know of stimulants likely to pass undetected, although it could theoretically be possible to hide the existence of such a drug at least for a few years, if it existed.

Steroids offer much more pronounced advantages and there are ways to get around testing, as some agencies have ridiculous policies.
Nice in depth analysis

Is this a serious question? Adderall hardly is a performance booster physically.. it may improve mental focus but ultimately I don’t think anyone can argue stimulants improve ones ability athletically.

On the other hand, steroids are proven to basically improve all areas of physical performance. It’s really no comparison

Stims don’t boost performance? I’ve got some D1 and Olympic athletes that I’ve personally worked with that would laugh their asses off if they heard anyone say that. Stimulants absolutely enhance performance which is one reason track and field guys are always popping for clenbuterol

As far as using it in competition I think it's impossible to not get caught, and I do not know of stimulants likely to pass undetected

Stims or gear can definitely pass undetected if you do things right. Gets into a specialty field though when you’re working with athletes to do it

Stims don’t boost performance? I’ve got some D1 and Olympic athletes that I’ve personally worked with that would laugh their asses off if they heard anyone say that. Stimulants absolutely enhance performance which is one reason track and field guys are always popping for clenbuterol
And that's why wada bans pretty much all stims lol. Even caffeine over a certain amount is banned.

And that's why wada bans pretty much all stims lol. Even caffeine over a certain amount is banned.
Right so it wasn’t that bad of a thread post right like people were saying. There’s a legitimate argument about which performance enhancer one would rather use

Right so it wasn’t that bad of a thread post right like people were saying. There’s a legitimate argument about which performance enhancer one would rather use

I would think many use several PEDs rather than one.
An example would be using Testosterone, EPO and hGH at low doses so that there are no spikes that would cause a positive test.
All these substances are already naturally in the body, so it is only the amount that can be tested for.

I would think many use several PEDs rather than one.
An example would be using Testosterone, EPO and hGH at low doses so that there are no spikes that would cause a positive test.
All these substances are already naturally in the body, so it is only the amount that can be tested for.
Yep yep. That's what the documentary "icarus" stated was essentially the stack for pro cyclists like Lance Armstrong and the such.

I mean i personally cant really see these two in the same category, fact, adderall can actually eat muscle if taken in excess, not to mention the added cardiotoxicity from extensive physical activity.

But then again i havent a clue what doses mortals take nowadays, but here in olympus it is probably ill-advised

I mean i personally cant really see these two in the same category, fact, adderall can actually eat muscle if taken in excess, not to mention the added cardiotoxicity from extensive physical activity.

But then again i havent a clue what doses mortals take nowadays, but here in olympus it is probably ill-advised

I think that stims would be used only in competition to keep side effects like those you listed close to zero, and also with no tolerance 5mg of dextro can help a lot without overconfidence resulting in errors or injuries.
OTOH clenbuterol will cause fat loss if it's an athlete taking it, and also retain muscle due the the anabolic properties of one of the adrenergic receptors it attaches to; it is also used as a veterinary drug to increase muscle mass in cattle.
Apparently it is also significantly more cardiotoxic than amphetamines.

I think that stims would be used only in competition to keep side effects like those you listed close to zero, and also with no tolerance 5mg of dextro can help a lot without overconfidence resulting in errors or injuries.
OTOH clenbuterol will cause fat loss if it's an athlete taking it, and also retain muscle due the the anabolic properties of one of the adrenergic receptors it attaches to; it is also used as a veterinary drug to increase muscle mass in cattle.
Apparently it is also significantly more cardiotoxic than amphetamines.
interesting, but you'd think that 5-10mg wouldn't go all that far if you really think about it, competitions are usually long, and IR addy even XR low doses tend to fade rather quick atleast for myself, but i can't really speculate since my stim tolerance is stupid

interesting, but you'd think that 5-10mg wouldn't go all that far if you really think about it, competitions are usually long, and IR addy even XR low doses tend to fade rather quick atleast for myself, but i can't really speculate since my stim tolerance is stupid
100mg of racemic speed tested at 30% had a friend with low tolerance with dilated pupils for 9 hours, oral ROA.
Your description of multi day sessions make me think that stim naive people could get high off your farts. :D
Too much of a boost can lead to feeling invincible and "taking punches on the chin like men do" mentality for a fighter or to an ever so slightly too high of a pace for a cyclist, that might give a good result in a day and leave the athlete too tired for the next day. Also too much of the amphetamines makes you think you are focused but you are zoning out on things other than the task at hand.