• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall by Morning and Benzo's by Night

pinkflamingo2701

Greenlighter
I've been using adderall and benzo's for the last year. I have noticed that my personality has changed in the last 6 months. I feel almost emotionless and it is affecting my personal relationships. Has anyone else experienced changes to their personality due to using Adderall and benzos? If so, what changes did you notice?

To be specific, I have been taking adderall 20 mg instant release three times a day. Once when I wake up, another 20mg at 11:00, and another 20 mg at 3:00 pm. To calm down after work I have been using diazepam in the evening. I am taking around 3-5 pills an evening.

I don't take any kind of phet often at all, so I can't comment on that. High doses of benzos turn turn me heartless, and basically an asshole. 8(

What dose diazepam are you taking 3-5 10 mg tablets? Doesnt diazepam last really long ?

Many people describe becoming 'emotionless' after long periods using amphetamines. It's an unfortunate side-effect of artificially boosting so many neurotransmitters for so long.

If you haven't been prescribed these meds for anything in particular, maybe you could consider coming off of them to try and recover somewhat? Or at least to reduce your usage as best you can.

Amphetamines overtime take a huge toll on your mental state, have you looked at an extended release i found that the IR tend to create to much of a recreational effect. You are taking about 40mg of Dextroamphetamine a day which is quite a high dose. Its a very strong stimulant i would put it next to street Methamphetamine in potency or even higher in most cases. As well as you are taking a combo of drugs that mask each other negative effects, remember nothing lasts forever, including your dopamine reserves.

What illness do you suffer from thats causing you to need to use amphetamines?

Also you cant expect your mind to recover if it gets no rest from being exposed to the glory of the amphetamine rush, and the sweet hug of a benzo. Ask about XR like vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) which lasts me personally about 14-16 hours and it creates a level ''high'' that just lacks that punch and sweetness of the Dexamphetamine, which i find is alot better for medical use.

Yes, they turned me emotionally numb after years of abuse, it was horrific, I must have come across as a heartless one to all my family & friends, that's a huge regret of mine. :(

you're putting you body through a huge amount of stress, speeding it up in the day and bringing it down to a crashing stop at night and this can have knock on effects to your mind.
i suggest you quit one of the two. either have the adderall and come down naturally or have the benzos and maybe drink ane xtra coffee in the morning.