• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall and Mirtazapine

piller97

Bluelighter
Hey guys to make this easier I'm gonna separate the post into a list of my questions, and a background knowledge section so you don't have to read everything if you don't want to.

ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!
-P

Questions:
-Does anyone foresee any possible issues that may arise from taking Adderall and Mirtazapine in the same day (adderall in the morning, mirtazapine before bed)?​
-Has anyone ever used(prescribed or not) Adderall and Mirtazapine(antidepressant; NaSSa) at the same time? What happened?​
-Does anyone have any recommendations as to what dosage of Mirtazapine i should take?​

Background info:
-I have been prescribed Adderall for many years, my current does is 20mg of Adderall XR.​
(I am soon moving to 25mg Xr at breakfast, then 5mg IR in the evening)​
-Today i was prescribed the antidepressant Mirtazapine, I'm not depressed, it was prescribed for use to treat insomnia.​
-I was prescribed 30mg pills, though i have been told to take only half if I'm sleeping too much.​

I can not attest to any direct effects that could arise from concomitant use of these drugs. Amphetamine is dopaminergic while mitrazapine acts on 5-HT pathways. However, this is not to say that indirect effects aren't possible. Questions regarding the use of these drugs together should be referred to the prescribing physician or dispensing pharmacist. It is vital that all drugs you are using be disclosed.

This is a question to ask your doctor. He knows more about your physiology than random people on the net.

Mirtazepine, even though it is primarily used as an antidepressant, also works pretty well as a hypnotic/sedative with low addictive potential. Other drugs that are used off-label to induce sleep are are quetiapine (Serqouel - antipsychotic), doxylamine (Atarax - an antihistamine), diphenhydramine (Benadryl - antihistamine), etc. This happens because a lot of these drugs block the action of chemicals responsible for making you feel 'awake' (adrenaline, histamine and the like). There's also stuff like lavender pillows, hops flowers, chamomile, valerian etc...

Because you're taking the mirtazepine at night and the amphetamine in the day, there should be minimal interactions, if at all.

If you're taking mirtazepine (a sedative) at night, it's better if don't bother taking amphetamine in the evening because it will only make it harder to sleep. Amphetamine takes a good 12+ hours to clear your body. Have a cup of tea instead. Use the minimum dose of mirtazepine that lets you get to sleep. This will help prevent morning grogginess and any potential side effects, and make your medication more effective for longer because you will become tolerant much slower. Mirtazepine hangs around in the body for a little while, so if you keep taking large doses at night they will eventually add up. For this reason, maybe it's best to save the mirtazepine for when you really need it, rather than on a nightly basis.

Don't forget to do your best to exercise in the evening to encourage your body to feel naturally tired. Also be sure to eat a properly balanced diet, nutritional deficits can make it hard to sleep as well.

I realize this thread is over two years old but I'm having trouble finding first hand information about this combo. About 9 months ago I was switched from Wellbutrin 300mg to Wellbutrin 150mg/remeron 15mg to Wellbutrin/adderall/remeron to adderall 30mg IR / remeron 15mg. In these months I've gained over 60 lbs (and still gaining) and have been diagnosed with high blood pressure. I'm 23 and never had issues with either my weight nor blood pressure. I'm now fat as shit despite eating only one meal most days. A rather small amount of research on my part indicated that these two drugs in combination result in excessively high serotonin levels which can lead to high blood pressure, increased hard rate, and eventually shock and possibly death. I cannot in good conscience recommend this combination unless you want to become a hard working yet complacent fat ass.

Last edited: