• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Adderall and kava interactions?

nancy145

Bluelighter
I heard somewhere that kava has major interactions with adderall, and I'm a little concerned about it because I take adderall and am gonna start usuing kava regularly. I'm prescribed 50 mg a day but I only use it like 4 days a week on average and usually only do 20 or 30 mg, but don't have a schedule for it or anything so it could be daily for a week or none for a week. I also take up to 80mg sometimes, but haven't done more for a few months. If I remember correctly, The website said something like because they both effect the same receptors for dopamine combining them can overflow your brain and induce mania, but I have a bad memory and don't even know if it works like that. (if im wrong about that don't waste your time reading the rest of this post, Just answer my question based on what I already said.)
I don't ever feel euphoria from amphetamines though, so I'd assume the adderall produces less dopamine for me than most people. Since it doesn't produce nearly as much dopamine for me as most people, would that mean (along with kava) that it wouldn't overflow my brain and induce mania?

I heard somewhere that kava has major interactions with adderall, and I'm a little concerned about it because I take adderall and am gonna start usuing kava regularly. I'm prescribed 50 mg a day but I only use it like 4 days a week on average and usually only do 20 or 30 mg, but don't have a schedule for it or anything so it could be daily for a week or none for a week. I also take up to 80mg sometimes, but haven't done more for a few months. If I remember correctly, The website said something like because they both effect the same receptors for dopamine combining them can overflow your brain and induce mania, but I have a bad memory and don't even know if it works like that. (if im wrong about that don't waste your time reading the rest of this post, Just answer my question based on what I already said.)
I don't ever feel euphoria from amphetamines though, so I'd assume the adderall produces less dopamine for me than most people. Since it doesn't produce nearly as much dopamine for me as most people, would that mean (along with kava) that it wouldn't overflow my brain and induce mania?

it will potentiate the aderall since inhibits noradrenaline reuptake and MAO-B wich metabolizes monoamines...is advised to not take amphetamine in combination with MAO-inhibitors...

i like the mix personally... but yeah you will feel a tad bit queezy if you overdo it on the kava

Yogi makes a kava based stress relief tea that you can buy at wal mart. It works well if your looking for something relaxing without being overly sedating, and the amount of kava is extremely low compared to traditional preparations.