Supplements Adderall and Endurance Sports

Holly.3

Bluelighter
I've got a friend that is an avid Runner and cyclist, running since 2010 and cycling / triathlons since 2012 with clothes 2:30 Marathon completed and 2Xtreme triathlons, eight full Ironmans, over a dozen half Ironmans and countless Sprint, Olympic distant triathlons completed.

Not knowing if taken before every training run or training cycling ride but commonly taken in the same sense someone would take an energy gel before a bike ride or run. My friend does not have ADD, ADHD but somehow legitimately is being prescribed by a pharmacy monthly 60 tablets of 20 mg Adderall. Although she doesn't advertise her use of, but will commonly take half of a 20 mg Adderall before a training run, swim or bike ride or before an actual race event.

For what purpose would Adderall be taken before training or a race? Is feeling of having more energy the only reason orange juice or is there other enhancements that would make Adderall desirable to use as a performance enhancement?

With someone engaging in Endurance Sports such as Marathon running and triathlons, what are the risks associated with common use of adderal as a performance enhancer?

I know her use of 10 mg is very common when training and racing. She takes several vitamins and multivitamins. It's very common to see half a dozen adderal pills broken in half mixed in with the different vitamins that she keeps in her ridding bag swim bag and running bag or gym bag.

The only reason I can think why someone would take adderal is because of the added boost and energy it can give you. The side effects that I know of, faster heart rate, faster breathing, higher blood pressure are all thanks that I who is also an avid cyclist would try to avoid as far as it causing more stress on your heart on top of the physical demand of the endurance sport.

Are there any negative side effects that would be of concern? Is the extra boost in energy enough to make adderal worth using?

If you had 20mg pills, what would be the reason for breaking them in half and only taking 10 mg other than to the quantity of pills you have making it last longer?

I know she commonly uses it before running or cycling but I'm not sure if she's taking it a few times during a long ride or run the same way and energy gel would be taken several times during a long hundred mile bike ride.

For someone who does not have ADHD or ADD, how can someone legitimately from the doctor be prescribed adderal and how safe is it to use 10 mg a few times during a 4-Hour bike ride or Marathon or even a 11 hour triathlon?

Adderall and stimulants in general enhance performance...that’s commonly known. She’s using it for a performance enhancer. Increase endurance, reduce fatigue, etc. I have lots of friends that do this.

The reason for taking 10mg is because that’s all she feels she needs (I’m guessing, I’m not her).

There’s a curve for dose to performance increase with every substance on the planet. Most of the time, stimulants in larger doses aren’t going to help in performance events. Gotta find that sweet spot and it will be different for everyone.

I think your also overestimating how hard it is to get Adderall and how risky it is. It’s extremely easy to get in the US and it’s really not much of a CV risk. People don’t die from amphetamines. the bodies just aren’t there. In those doses it’s going to increase mental focus and decrease fatigue.

I don't see an issue with it aside from frequent dosing over a short period of time. Considering amps have like a 9-12hr half life.

Well i must be very tolerant. I take up to 60mg of dexamphetamine sulphate before runs and sometimes i can hardly even notice it. Sometimes with a little 2FMA thrown in for good measure. I'm 2 years off 60

Well i must be very tolerant. I take up to 60mg of dexamphetamine sulphate before runs and sometimes i can hardly even notice it. Sometimes with a little 2FMA thrown in for good measure. I'm 2 years off 60

I’m the same way. To really even feel amphetamines these days I need at least 100 mg. And a lot of the euphoria or feel good effects have long disappeared for good

From what I've noticed, I thank she takes half of a 20 mg Adderall more on a as needed and not on a consistent regular basis. When doing Long training runs or Long training bike rides, I've noticed that she will discreetly take half of a 20 mg Adderall and or 15 minutes before the run or ride or even a higher intensity long swim but have not noticed her redosing at some point during the workout.

She is a stripper at a high-end Club and I know that along with a few various vitamins and a few liquid Advil gel caps, she also will have two or three 20 mg Adderalls broken in half and a small Advil bottle that she keeps with her makeup kit that she brings to the club with her that from what I know, she might take half of a 20 mg if she's working late hours at the club.

I've got ADHD and between third grade and 12th grade. Through Elementary and Middle School I would take a 20 mg Ritalin three times a day which got lowered to 15 mg at some point during my high school years. I never recall feeling a boost of energy or a europic type feeling when taking the Ritalin oh, so for me, ritalin or similar medications like Adderall oh, I wouldn't think of taking them to gain a boost of energy.

My friend has told me once or twice that she knows someone that works at a pharmacy that she could get a few different types of prescriptions from, Xanax to help with anxiety and depression, adderal as she puts it, to help her Focus. She gets a 60 count of 20 mg adderal. And I've noticed that she has two or three prescriptions dated Within a four or five months. That the bottles were not even halfway through the 60 count. I know several years back, 2013 through 2015 she had a roommate that also worked at her club that she was from time to time getting her Adderall, Xanax and anavar.

To take 10mg of Adderall before a long endurance swim, run or bike? Taking it provide a noticeable difference in energy levels?

She definitely isn’t getting a CII efrom a pharmacy friend unless she also has a doc writing a script or a pharmacist faking scripts...not that it can’t happen but CII’s are extremely tight in pharmacies. Anything below that is pretty easy to sneak but I’ve never heard of anyone successfully getting them like that.

The dose is purely person dependent as some work their way up to huge doses.

I never really lost tolerance at lower doses personally but as everyone has commented here, it’s one of the strongest stimulants out there so of course it can give an energy/performance boost